Taarabt sparks £10m chase

Christmas Tree

Agreed.

Im really suprised we havent really been linked with sturridge like.

If we get Taarabt for 6-7mil its a good deal but like OzToonFan said its getting quite hard to see where any new midfielders would fit in.

Its looking like the club are finding it hard to source out ANY decent strikers who are viable options. Looking back now Gervinho and Gameiro were out of our league.

For £10m I'd rather have Sturidge, proven at Prem level... but, I wouldn't say no to this guy 'if' we got him for around £6m-£7m.

Sturridge is going to be £20m + tbh.

Chelsea are under no pressure to sell.

Possibly the most talented player in english football,

sadly also the dumbest and most selfish.

Don't even think he rate Messi above himself.

He'd be the best 5 a side player in the world, but fuck him. Newcastle on an even level playing field should only feel inferior to Man Utd and Arsenal, but we're not on an even level playing field anymore, and we don't need little divvies who have accomplished fuck all in football, admitting they'd use us as a spring board to Man Utd, Arsenal, City or Chelsea.

Sort of fits into the clubs plans really him coming out saying he wants to eventually move to a "big" club. As it seems that we want young players who we can sell on for a profit. I'm not a massive fan of his but I think he could do a good job for us and as people have said Arfa Taarabt.

Agreed.

If we get Taarabt for 6-7mil its a good deal but like OzToonFan said its getting quite hard to see where any new midfielders would fit in.

Its looking like the club are finding it hard to source out ANY decent strikers who are viable options. Looking back now Gervinho and Gameiro were out of our league.

why ?

Serious question.

Agreed.

why ?

Serious question.

Simple really.

Had clubs who are in european competition next year not come in for either of them then we would of stood a a very good chance chance. Both want to ply their trade in england, and to both the premier league is a huge step up so any club offering them a better wage in england would have a shot. The fact we have a good history when it comes to french players here and the treatment of Barfa during his injury being well recieved in france we would of had a good chance than most just not against clubs who can offer that wage AND european football.

Thus meaning against those clubs they were both out of our league.

In a year or twos time we will be one of "those clubs" who can offer european football. :lol:

Agreed.

why ?

Serious question.

Simple really.

Had clubs who are in european competition next year not come in for either of them then we would of stood a a very good chance chance. Both want to ply their trade in england, and to both the premier league is a huge step up so any club offering them a better wage in england would have a shot. The fact we have a good history when it comes to french players here and the treatment of Barfa during his injury being well recieved in france we would of had a good chance than most just not against clubs who can offer that wage AND european football.

Thus meaning against those clubs they were both out of our league.

In a year or twos time we will be one of "those clubs" who can offer european football. :lol:

ah. :lol:

I know how much everyone hates youtube on here, because it doesnt prove anything etc, but i've loved Taarabt since this. Also nice to see who scored it too ;)

Edited by CleeToonFan

Agreed.

why ?

Serious question.

And it's a fair question, with respect to both misses given previous statements offered by HBA's agent, about us being a supposedly preferred destination for Ligue 1 professionals. When we signed Robert (during a period of transition, or squad retooling) it was a two horse race re- capturing his signature, it came down to a choice between NUFC and Barca. We had a strong & ambitious 'football' based salesteam under the old regime, from boardroom to first team manager - it was a collaborative effort, they could sell a player the 'football dream'. It also helped that the club was held in high regard amongst it's peers in the game, a far removal from the easily swayed types that swallow mudraking journalism hook line & sinker and hold a lifetime grudge as a result. The point being it was a strong recommendation from Arsenal's French contingent (including Wenger himself) which helped get the deal over the line. Considering our league position at the time, and Robert's in-demand status - and he was a 15 goal attacking midfielder/sometimes forward... much like Gervinho, Robert's signing was considered to be a bit a coup. As alluded to earlier we had some factors that weighed strongly in our favour, factors which overrode our league position and Barca's status of Continental Giant/Royalty. The last point and it relates to preliminary & advanced talks between club & player. In an agent/money driven world of professional I'd put a fair wager that the question of money/weekly earnings was raised early in the peace, during any sit-down with Robert and his agent, as it did with Gervinho if we're to go reports that Ashley & Dekka were allegedly put off by the player's upfront attitude to his potential scope of earnings. Players in that enviable position of being courted by so-called big clubs have the balance of power tipped in their favour during preliminary & advanced talks, their asking price is reflective of their status in the market and high scoring/creative widemen are rare. The point being that there was hope that player word-of-mouth (through Tiote) would act as a scaletipper in getting us across the line, and lockerroom chat amongst international colleagues is a strong starting point to get a potential transfer move rolling along. I think what cancels out any benefit of any positive 'word-of-mouth' is Ashley and Dekka's affrontive, or fuck-off attitude when dealing with players and their representatives - they won't move that much needed extra yard to complete a key signing. Financial-wise (our wage cap re:recruiting, which is too restrictive & noncompetitive) and the aforementioned affrontiveness i see elements of both the 70's and 80's in the current regime ie. Westwood's tendancy to piss-off or earn the ire & disrespect of the dressing room/and player reps etc, and McKeag and Co's unwillingness to bend a little when dealing with the financials of professional football. Ashley brings together the worst elements of the aforementioned regimes, and both the football brand and recruiting punch have both suffered. It doesn't have to be this way, because as shown by Robert's signing a club of our standing can still land a knock-out blow when competing for top calibre signings, even during periods of transition. But it was a different playing field back then: a big football club, run by similarly thinking Football People, something which doesn't apply to the current topbrass, whose affiliation with the club adds prestige and commercial legitimacy (with the advertising clout to match) what is a tacky/no thrills primary business venture. He is running a Lillywhites'esqe operation here, hence my comparison at an earlier date, where much of the prestige and respect (previously attributed to the brand) has been sharply diluted. **** i posted using my phone, apologies for not adding paragraphs, amidst a long post****

Edited by Year Zero

he likes being the big fish. but at QPR he was a very big fish in what amounted to a puddle/ small pond... shame he didn't drown.

similar player to routledge, inasmuch that he is far too good for the championship, but could not get into the spurs team that flapped around in midtable a few years ago.

worth in real money about £4m. we don't need a player like him. really.....

Would of been nice to of got him but like its been said we dont really need any more CM's. Tiote, Barton, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gosling. Theres more pressing areas.

Cabaye has been brought in to create chance through the middle and i'd imagine he will give us more off the ball too.

Would of been nice to of got him but like its been said we dont really need any more CM's. Tiote, Barton, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gosling. Theres more pressing areas.

Cabaye has been brought in to create chance through the middle and i'd imagine he will give us more off the ball too.

Erm...Guthrie? OK, I have said it before, i know how much of a pain in the ass Taarabt is, but i would rather see him in our shirt then anyone else's. It won't happen anyway so thread over.

• 3 weeks later...

If he heads over the channel I would assume it paves the way for Erdinc to move this way if we are still pursuing him!

Taarabt intrigued by PSG

QPR playmaker could be tempted by move to Ligue 1 giants

By Patrick Haond. Last Updated: July 19, 2011 11:01am

Taarabt: The subject of a big-money bid from PSG

....Adel Taarabt admits the arrival of Qatari investors at Paris St Germain has made the club all the more appealing.

The Queens Park Rangers playmaker is reported to be a top target for the Ligue 1 outfit as they look to put their new-found wealth to good use.

Skysports.com revealed on Monday that PSG have put a second offer to QPR for the Morocco international, with a £15million package now on the table.

It remains to be seen what the response to that bid will be from the Premier League new boys, but they always knew Taarabt was going to generate interest this summer.

Exciting

The highly-rated 22-year-old has done little to curb the speculation regarding his future and has already claimed that some of England's leading clubs are monitoring his situation.

PSG appear to have forced their way to the front of the queue, though, and are prepared to spend big in order to secure his signature.

Taarabt has refused to rule out the possibility of making such a move, with the project being pieced together in the French capital likely to appeal to any ambitious player.

"Indeed, the arrival of new investors makes that challenge exciting," he said in France Football.

he likes being the big fish. but at QPR he was a very big fish in what amounted to a puddle/ small pond... shame he didn't drown.

similar player to routledge, inasmuch that he is far too good for the championship, but could not get into the spurs team that flapped around in midtable a few years ago.

worth in real money about £4m. we don't need a player like him. really.....

He was only 18/19 when he was at Spurs (before the loans) and seeing how Harry has about 78 midfielders there its no wonder he couldnt break through. He does seem like an arrogant prick like, but I think he would be a fantastic signing all the same.

If he heads over the channel I would assume it paves the way for Erdinc to move this way if we are still pursuing him!

Taarabt intrigued by PSG

QPR playmaker could be tempted by move to Ligue 1 giants

By Patrick Haond. Last Updated: July 19, 2011 11:01am

Taarabt: The subject of a big-money bid from PSG

....Adel Taarabt admits the arrival of Qatari investors at Paris St Germain has made the club all the more appealing.

The Queens Park Rangers playmaker is reported to be a top target for the Ligue 1 outfit as they look to put their new-found wealth to good use.

Skysports.com revealed on Monday that PSG have put a second offer to QPR for the Morocco international, with a £15million package now on the table.

It remains to be seen what the response to that bid will be from the Premier League new boys, but they always knew Taarabt was going to generate interest this summer.

Exciting

The highly-rated 22-year-old has done little to curb the speculation regarding his future and has already claimed that some of England's leading clubs are monitoring his situation.

PSG appear to have forced their way to the front of the queue, though, and are prepared to spend big in order to secure his signature.

Taarabt has refused to rule out the possibility of making such a move, with the project being pieced together in the French capital likely to appeal to any ambitious player.

"Indeed, the arrival of new investors makes that challenge exciting," he said in France Football.

A bit of money and they're called giants? :lol: