Fathers Day

Christmas Tree

Hope all the dads out there are having a good one.

On the road to the North Yorkshire Show in a 3 car family convoy listening to my Rock legends CD!!!!! (it was a joke present off my eldest ) :spit:

First Hog Roast off the day should be consumed within the hour.

Have a good one.

2 x T Shirts and a HUGE Daddy mug now filled with coffee.

Was still up at 6.30am tackling the bairns crap filled nappy like...

2 x T Shirts and a HUGE Daddy mug now filled with coffee.

Was still up at 6.30am tackling the bairns crap filled nappy like...

My present- a lie in… bliss. Just getting up now tbh.

Bah, my first one and the missus and little un have gone out to give me some peace while I work on an assignment. I doubt I'll get much in the way of a decent meal cooked for me tonight either, at least I got a bit of a lie-in this morning though I suppose.

Hope all the dads out there are having a good one.

On the road to the North Yorkshire Show in a 3 car family convoy listening to my Rock legends CD!!!!! (it was a joke present off my eldest ) :icon_lol:

First Hog Roast off the day should be consumed within the hour.

Have a good one.

of how many?! The diet going well then. :spit:

We got back home at 5am this morning, both mortal. She went to her mam's to get the baby first thing, i slept till lunchtime. :spit:

Got belted on Saint James rum at a Ragga boat party last night, no hangover weirdly enough.

Slight hangover from the stag do and still sick from my bug.

Came home to herself surrounded by carry-out pizza boxes and also hungover from a Take That concert.

A fantastic day out at the North Yorkshire Show.

When the heavens did open, the nearest Marquee was the real ale tent so absolute result.

Totally knackered now so a hot bath, a bottle of Show bought real ale and then just veg on the sofa.

Hope you all had a good un.

A fantastic day out at the North Yorkshire Show.

When the heavens did open, the nearest Marquee was the real ale tent so absolute result.

Totally knackered now so a hot bath, a bottle of Show bought real ale and then just veg on the sofa.

Hope you all had a good un.

Use a plate ffs.

Filthy animal

:spit:

My Dad passed away a couple of years ago and hubby's Dad died recently so this was the first year that I haven't had to buy a card, it seemed really strange :spit:

My son gave hubby a gift bag containing lots of treats. A bottle of Baileys, a few Cherry Beers, Box of Ferrero Rocher, a box of walnut whips and a DVD he wanted.

My Dad passed away a couple of years ago and hubby's Dad died recently so this was the first year that I haven't had to buy a card, it seemed really strange :spit:

My son gave hubby a gift bag containing lots of treats. A bottle of Baileys, a few Cherry Beers, Box of Ferrero Rocher, a box of walnut whips and a DVD he wanted.

My Dad died last February. I was utterly devastated and I still am, I literately think of him every day. He was a great man - he worked on the Eurofighter and the Challenger II tank with British Aerospace Engineering where he worked for 30 odd years, supported me in my music to a massive extent, took me all the way to uni and dropped me with all my stuff and ran round like mad for me all the time. He was looking forward to retiring which made it worse.

So you should proper appreciate your father before the inevitable happens.

My Dad died last February. I was utterly devastated and I still am, I literately think of him every day. He was a great man - he worked on the Eurofighter and the Challenger II tank with British Aerospace Engineering where he worked for 30 odd years, supported me in my music to a massive extent, took me all the way to uni and dropped me with all my stuff and ran round like mad for me all the time. He was looking forward to retiring which made it worse.

So you should proper appreciate your father before the inevitable happens.

Very true Tom. 'You don't know what you've got until its gone' Often said but so right. I bet your Dad was very proud of you, how sad that he didn't reach retirement.

Like your Dad did for you, my hubby does loads for our son, and thinks the world of him. He's a good Dad.

It's so important Dad's take an interest and he always did. In regards to retirement he was given 6 months off work and he didn't know what to do with himself, he ended up watching cricket at 2am and stuff so he might have took a while to get used to it!

Hope hubby had a good day!

Sorry to hear that TR and Tom. I always appreciate my dad a bit more when I realise that he's not always going to be here and realise that we've always been the best of mates really, talking about music, football etc and he's always supportive and there for me. He's set me down most of the paths I've taken so far and he's great. Have a good un, fatha.

Good stuff Jordan.

My Dad was mental for music too - he didn't play but he loved to see me play and loved to see my music progress! He didn't play anything himself - I'm guessing your father doesn't play either?

Nah, he doesn't! He's a canny singer though. He's never seen me play drums though since we're always well out of the way but he's coming along to see me in about a month or so since it's fairly local. I think me being a drummer has a bit more significance with him since his dad was a great drummer and I'm the only one since him to take it up and keep it going. Still, he set me down a path with my music tastes and give me loads of Beatles, Zeppelin, Sabbath etc. CDs to listen to and has always fuelled my music love. Cool guy and he'll talk your head off about 70s rock but it's great.

Still, he set me down a path with my music tastes and give me loads of Beatles, Zeppelin, Sabbath etc. CDs to listen to and has always fuelled my music love. Cool guy and he'll talk your head off about 70s rock but it's great.

Ha! Pretty much the same bloke - although my Dad wasn't massive on the Beatles! He used to give me stuff to listen to all the time and I ended up ''borrowing'' half his record collection!

Mad how you granda was a drummer, a long time back when their wasn't much call for them!

Still, he set me down a path with my music tastes and give me loads of Beatles, Zeppelin, Sabbath etc. CDs to listen to and has always fuelled my music love. Cool guy and he'll talk your head off about 70s rock but it's great.

Ha! Pretty much the same bloke - although my Dad wasn't massive on the Beatles! He used to give me stuff to listen to all the time and I ended up ''borrowing'' half his record collection!

Mad how you granda was a drummer, a long time back when their wasn't much call for them!

My dad isn't crazy on The Beatles either but he loved Revolver and that's what got me into them. I always used to spend most of my nights downstairs listening to Thin Lizzy and The Doors through headphones on the stereo systme while they watched TV and all the CDs used to be given to me by my dad. Every so often he'd just come in my room and say "This is Ziggy Stardust by a bloke called David Bowie. Give it a few listens"

My grandad was apparently shit hot but I never seen him since he died when I was 13! He used to be in jazz bands and big bands and was a session musician for a few UK jazz artists. I know that he used to play in bands that supported comedians; back in the day, comedians used to do sets in between jazz or big bands performances and he used to be the drummer in those performances in places like the City Hall etc. so my family has a decent pedigree that I need to upload :spit:

My dad isn't crazy on The Beatles either but he loved Revolver and that's what got me into them. I always used to spend most of my nights downstairs listening to Thin Lizzy and The Doors through headphones on the stereo systme while they watched TV and all the CDs used to be given to me by my dad. Every so often he'd just come in my room and say "This is Ziggy Stardust by a bloke called David Bowie. Give it a few listens"

I would have though back then that he would have to have been quite achieved to even bother playing the drums, as not many did!

Revolver - literally the same Beatles record my Dad favoured! He used to fire CD's at me too, burn me a copy of something 'check out this bloke'. He got me into Bonamassa, bought the first Kings of leon/ Black Rebel motorcycle club CD's when they weren't big at all which was always weird!

I'm not sure if it's good taste or simply his age but he always actively hated Green Day but was none the less impressed when I played with them! :spit:

With high street sales now falling after the spike in April caused by people's lavish celebrations of the royal wedding and the crucifixion of Jesus, Father's Day is exactly the sort of thing we need to encourage. In May, sales were down 1.4%, with food and fuel now accounting for more than half of all spending. Food and fuel! Necessities! Our economy can't recover if people restrict themselves to purchasing what they need. They must keep buying crap and, if they won't do it out of greed, we'll have to make them do it out of duty.

Good old Mitchell at his bitter best. :spit:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...growth-mitchell