Fathers Day

Christmas Tree

My dad isn't crazy on The Beatles either but he loved Revolver and that's what got me into them. I always used to spend most of my nights downstairs listening to Thin Lizzy and The Doors through headphones on the stereo systme while they watched TV and all the CDs used to be given to me by my dad. Every so often he'd just come in my room and say "This is Ziggy Stardust by a bloke called David Bowie. Give it a few listens"

I would have though back then that he would have to have been quite achieved to even bother playing the drums, as not many did!

Revolver - literally the same Beatles record my Dad favoured! He used to fire CD's at me too, burn me a copy of something 'check out this bloke'. He got me into Bonamassa, bought the first Kings of leon/ Black Rebel motorcycle club CD's when they weren't big at all which was always weird!

I'm not sure if it's good taste or simply his age but he always actively hated Green Day but was none the less impressed when I played with them! :spit:

No idea how he got into it but made his first kit out of pots and pans! Literally, he stole his mother's pans and set them up on small tables etc and he managed to teach himself jazz rhythms on that stuff! I'm always amazed that he was playing traditional jazz on the same things his mother would cook his tea on.

is her doing the White Stripes with me on badly recorded vox/geet.

She got the basics but at this point she's only been playing two hours altogether - she needs a kit.

is her doing the White Stripes with me on badly recorded vox/geet.

She got the basics but at this point she's only been playing two hours altogether - she needs a kit.

Cant watch since I'm on my phone but a good way to learn is with a snare, hi hat and floor tom. It teaches you to make the most of as little as possible and be creative with basic beats. Playing blues on that set up is grest fun if you throw in a ride.

Cheers man! I might have a look at that! We are only just beginning on the drums so it's up to her what she want's/needs but that seems a decent suggestion so it might be wise to invest!

My Dad has yet again managed to win on Fathers Day. I sent him the standard jokey "fuck me aren't you old and decrepit" and he sent me a Fathers Day card from Baillie, the illegitimate child he says I have. :spit:

He's in Uganda! How the fuck does he manage to pull this off?!

:spit:

he sounds a canny bloke

how old is this bairn of yours?

Well the CSA tried to pin him on me when I was at Uni and I guess he'd have been around 3 then... so he'll be 10 or so.

Been getting a Fathers Day card on and off from about then. Some of them have messages like "Mummy says you're no good, but I know you'll come back to us one day", this one just said "Dear Daddy, fuck you"

He's a funny funny guy... :icon_lol:

Edited by The Fish

My dad's a ledge, but he's also sunning himself in Bermuda right now, so he can fuck off. :spit:

Ditto, mine's just been on a cruise in the Med that he was PAID to go on. I suppose he did have to shove diazepam up someone's bum, but still, lucky cunt.

:spit:

he sounds a canny bloke

how old is this bairn of yours?

Well the CSA tried to pin him on me when I was at Uni and I guess he'd have been around 3 then... so he'll be 10 or so.

Been getting a Fathers Day card on and off from about then. Some of them have messages like "Mummy says you're no good, but I know you'll come back to us one day", this one just said "Dear Daddy, fuck you"

He's a funny funny guy... :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Brilliant.

I didn't get on with my dad for years but I'm really pleased I've put all that behind me and we actually have a pretty good relationship at the moment. It was great to see him yesterday for a few drinks and we're considering an away trip in the coming season which I'm really looking forward to as I've never been to an away game with my dad.

My dad's a ledge, but he's also sunning himself in Bermuda right now, so he can fuck off. :icon_lol:

Ditto, mine's just been on a cruise in the Med that he was PAID to go on. I suppose he did have to shove diazepam up someone's bum, but still, lucky cunt.

Diazepam? Lucky Bum!