What made you sign up to Toontastic

Christmas Tree

Just seen this comment from Jill in the Age thread....

Think I turned up towards the end of 2002, might be wrong though. I'd browsed for ages before bothering to sign up :icon_lol: to defend Gary Speed IIRC)

So what made you join up and what was your first post?

I had only recently discovered Football Forums in November 2008 and was currently posting on Tyne Talk. While it was an enjoyable new experience, you would sometimes have to wait over 8 hours for something new to be posted by someone!

The world as we knew it was upside down with Keegans departure and someone on the Tyne Talk forum mentioned NUSC discussions taking place on "Toontastic".

Queue.....

Post No 1 From Ashley hater Christmas Tree to Ashley Apologist Peasepud..... :spit:

You assume too much me thinks....

Basically just a normal fan who loves newcastle, loved keegan, has three season tickets and was devestated at the way Kevin was treated.

While I wasnt on the telly, I was there in the organised march on matchday chanting with the rest on the outside and supporting the team on the inside.

I was delighted at the formation of this group and yes, after been prompted on some website, pledged my support to the venture. Maybe it was apathy on my part or too little action from NUSC (understandable as they were bust getting the thing up and running), but I have heard nothing from them until the radio advised me that they were now willing to forgive Ashley and move on. Very grown up but not quite the selling message at the beginning.

Could we not have at least tried some protesting, even a little? I never got emailed to attend any organised protests.

Why did you change tack without giving this option a go. Peaceful, newsworthy protests could have taken place while still giving full support to the team and jfk.

The bottom line is you promised one thing and are trying to deliver another. This is why you are currently emailing all the people who showed an interest but have not yet joined. Perhaps the current committe will be voted out and another more meaningful regime will lead us away from the temptation to be Ashleys poodle.

And above all else, why the need to act like a condescending prick to anyone who takes a different view.

Merry Christmas

Had your number on the first day tbf Pud :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=559104

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got banned from Newcastle Online for 2 weeks in 2006, so I came over here. Everyone hated me, so I went back, then got banned again this time for good off N-O in 2007, and came back with more diplomacy.

Fresh meat. :spit:

Plus I was bored at work in Germany. No idea what made me sign up here (well, in its former incarnation) and not elsewhere. Probably just the top Google hit for whatever combination of "newcastle united forum" or similar I put in. How romantic.

First posted on HTT's original board in the late 90s, what was it called again? Was it Howay the toon? I think in the end he lost it all because of a database issue.

Joined the "United" board which was N-O before it morphed into the shit fight it is today.

Someone PM'd me on it to invite me to join here, sorry I can't remember who that was but blame them.

Mags would know if she was still around.

First posted on HTT's original board in the late 90s, what was it called again? Was it Howay the toon? I think in the end he lost it all because of a database issue.

Joined the "United" board which was N-O before it morphed into the shit fight it is today.

Someone PM'd me on it to invite me to join here, sorry I can't remember who that was but blame them.

You're right about that.

:Laughs:

You're right about that.

:Laughs:

shark obsessed tbf

Well. I used to post on the old newsgroups before there was any real NUFC forums around. The first place I started posting was called Soccer24-7 which had a sub forum for the main premiership teams. Phillip Craig ran both the newsgroup and I think was mod for the 24-7 forum. Anyway, he set up the original TT and I followed him here. so this was my first NUFC only forum. This grew and eventually Phil "meglomaniac" Craig :spit: was part of the idea to merge a few NUFC forums into one larger forum that would become Newcastle-Online. I like everyone went over to NO but it was apparent early on that the merger wasn't as clear cut as the different sets of posters had very different styles/tolerances/views etc. The main thing that was missing was the craic from TT. Pud and a few others broke back off from NO and brought this place back to life. Then there was even less on NO for me and eventually I stopped posting there all together and found my way back here.

Now I'm just locked away like an old piece of furniture that you dont want to hoy away in case it's ever worth owt.

AND!

This was my first ever avatar here, fuck knows why:

cow.gif

I had only recently discovered Football in November 2008 and was currently posting on Tyne Talk

Knew it. :spit:

I was living in America and a bit homesick for normal banter and stuff.

I think .COM briefly had a link to the old board before the split and as I was already posting on cult tv boards, being able to do the same about football made sense.

Probably about 03 I think.

I think .COM briefly had a link to the old board before the split and as I was already posting on cult tv boards, being able to do the same about football made sense.

Probably about 03 I think.

NO's server was originally being sponsored by Toon-Ale and I think Toon-Chat may have. This was the link to NUFC.com and while they had been against pushing one forum, they were asked to come into the whole thing but they quickly backed off as people associated forums being offline with them and would ask them questions etc.

something like that.

I came for the free drugs and the gold carriage clock.

Can't remember, I think I was on the previous board for a while. I tried Newcastle Online, but it was pubescent and tiresome. The banter was much better here.

Can't remember, I think I was on the previous board for a while. I tried Newcastle Online, but it was pubescent and tiresome. The banter was much better here.

What year did you undergo your Saatchi corporate re-branding from 'alanshearerisgod'?

What year did you undergo your Saatchi corporate re-branding from 'alanshearerisgod'?

Not me boss, I was Geordie Fish before taking a Sean Parker-esque decision to drop the "Geordie" and just keep it as "The Fish".