What made you sign up to Toontastic

Christmas Tree

I think I joined N-O and TT around the same time in late 2006. I was working my notice in the UK before emigrating to NZ, and spent most of the day pratting about on various NUFC boards (N-O, TT, TOTT). iirc I posted mainly on N-O but back then Alex, Chez, Gemmill, Parky, J2J and others posted a lot on there too so there was more in common between TT and N-O. I also used to do a bit of writing for the N-O main page (the bit of N-O which nobody read).

After I moved to NZ I got sick of N-O, in particular the anti Keegan bias and people posting shit I couldn't be bothered to argue with. Plus I had a bit of a meltdown which I instantly regretted. All in all I didn't feel like posting there anymore and Parky suggested that I move over here, where the air is sweeter. I'm still on here 4 years later posting drivel when I should be working.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I joined N-O and TT around the same time in late 2006. I was working my notice in the UK before emigrating to NZ, and spent most of the day pratting about on various NUFC boards (N-O, TT, TOTT). iirc I posted mainly on N-O but back then Alex, Chez, Gemmill, Parky, J2J and others posted a lot on there too so there was more in common between TT and N-O. I also used to do a bit of writing for the N-O main page (the bit of N-O which nobody read).

After I moved to NZ I got sick of N-O, in particular the anti Keegan bias and people posting shit I couldn't be bothered to argue with. Plus I had a bit of a meltdown which I instantly regretted. All in all I didn't feel like posting there anymore and Parky suggested that I move over here, where the air is sweeter. I'm still on here 4 years later posting drivel when I should be working.

Really, I thought you said you'd moved to Noo Zeelund! :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Very authentic pronunciation there. I might get some fush and chups later too.......

:icon_lol:

Very authentic pronunciation there. I might get some fush and chups later too.......

Yaaars, Sudaknee is just Wust Noo Zeelund rfta ull.

I first joined when that sicko Moat was on his killing spree. I wanted to know if anyone knew the sick twat in here. The way some people act in here I wouldn't be suprised.

It's not the cast-offs, it's the elite who have decided to further their posting careers by moving to a board with more ambition.

Edited by ewerk

:icon_lol: Come on Kitman, tell more and give us all a chuckle.

Drove to Scotland in his bare feet? :icon_lol:

I signed up to Toontastic (or Toon-Chat, can't remember which one it was) ages ago. Thought it was 2002 but may have been even before that. Found the site on nufc.com.

Just as long as we don't get an influx of French posters this summer.

The Turks that invaded Newcastle-Online were class. :icon_lol:

It was Greeks man wasn't it, about the time we played Olympiakos. Maybe it was Turks another time.

It was Greeks man wasn't it, about the time we played Olympiakos. Maybe it was Turks another time.

We had both, Turks when we were apparently after Anelka while he was at Fenehrbache!

I had heard that this was the one site on the internet at the time that could guarantee me mature, high brow discussion about association football and other topics of interest.

Was also told that I would find many fine women on here, and the odd investment opportunity.

Not much to tell.

A good guy had a harmless chuckle at my expense and I threw a wobbly like a complete cunt then sulked. It was totally out of order and I apologised, but the damage was done. A Joey Barton moment I guess, except without the provocation and the Value Meal.

I originally signed up to N-O years ago, eventually found the place to be full of people that I couldn't relate to at all though. All the anti-Keeganism didn't sit well with me and in general the posters seemed to be kids who hadn't been supporting the club for five minutes. Then I signed up on TT and found the crack immeasurably better...

I was on toon chat or whatever, then that got merged with another forum, then I got a pm from Shearergol and ended up here.

same. i was on toon-chat back in about 2000 or thereabouts when it was run by philip craig. then went over to newcastle online when the boards merged. go a message from craig asking to come ovet yo this board when it first formed. i divided my time between the two at first as NO was quicker and this one could still be a bit quiet. soon realised though that the better craic was to be had over here and haven't been on NO for a few years now.

Similar to JawD, Geordie Fish (The Fish), Chayton (Craig) et al. Joined the original TT, moved with the masses over to N-O, then got informed of the breakaway board and moved back.

Speaking of JawD, I reckon we should start a "Bring Back the Cow" foundation, to bring that avatar back!

Greeks signed up here. Fucking riot! :icon_lol:

Similar to JawD, Geordie Fish (The Fish), Chayton (Craig) et al. Joined the original TT, moved with the masses over to N-O, then got informed of the breakaway board and moved back.

Speaking of JawD, I reckon we should start a "Bring Back the Cow" foundation, to bring that avatar back!

I remember a 'ghost of JawD' user. Was that on a back-up board?

Greeks signed up here. Fucking riot! :icon_lol:

That is a CLASS video, they all signed up on N-O saying we were going to get fucking hammered, N-O is on this vid as it goes, and we ended up beating the plate smashing freaks 7-1 on aggregate.

That was hilarious like. They complete lost the plot. This kid was threatening physical violence because I said halloumi was Turkish :icon_lol: