Champions League Draw

Guest alex

well we beat juventus, Leverkusen, Chelsea and Milan. Yes we have one of the worst teams, but if we get through, we will get a bigger team.

Kit will be there today

68840[/snapback]

Howay man, even we beat Leverkusen so that's nowt to shout about...

68864[/snapback]

Aye, but Juventus, Chelsea and Milan. Credit where it's due I reckon.

68868[/snapback]

Yeah, i cheered like crazy when the 'Pool won it last year, i barely smiled when manure did.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well we beat juventus, Leverkusen, Chelsea and Milan. Yes we have one of the worst teams, but if we get through, we will get a bigger team.

Kit will be there today

68840[/snapback]

68864[/snapback]

68868[/snapback]

Yeah, i cheered like crazy when the 'Pool won it last year, i barely smiled when manure did.

68872[/snapback]

Yeah, I loved it when one of our closest rivals won a competition we can only dream of, giving them increased pulling power and revenue.

Yay, go pool :lol:

Fortunate in the final but Liverpool thoroughly deserved to be there.

68877[/snapback]

Apart from being outplayed in the semi final, and getting through via a goal which didn't go in? Best team in Europe? :lol:

68878[/snapback]

The 'goal' was one more shot on target than Chelsea managed in both legs tbh.

68877[/snapback]

Apart from being outplayed in the semi final, and getting through via a goal which didn't go in? Best team in Europe? :lol:

68878[/snapback]

68881[/snapback]

Would I be pedantic if I quoted the match report now?

68877[/snapback]

68878[/snapback]

68881[/snapback]

68885[/snapback]

I can accept Chelsea were the better side but I think that stat is correct isn't it? In which case it's a canny achievement given the opposition.

68877[/snapback]

68878[/snapback]

68881[/snapback]

68885[/snapback]

I can accept Chelsea were the better side but I think that stat is correct isn't it? In which case it's a canny achievement given the opposition.

68889[/snapback]

Considering Dudek pulled off a world class save to deny Lampard with about 5 minutes to go, I'd suggest the stat is incorrect.

They certainly didn't have many shots on target (considering they had 24 shots overall) but to say none is pushing it.

Chelsea had the problem of playing without Duff or Robben too.

Anyway, Liverpool went through, and obviously ended up winning it. I've just never been able to understand why Newcastle fans were so happy about it.

68877[/snapback]

Apart from being outplayed in the semi final, and getting through via a goal which didn't go in? Best team in Europe? :huh:

68878[/snapback]

68881[/snapback]

68885[/snapback]

68889[/snapback]

Considering Dudek pulled off a world class save to deny Lampard with about 5 minutes to go, I'd suggest the stat is incorrect.

They certainly didn't have many shots on target (considering they had 24 shots overall) but to say none is pushing it.

Anyway, Liverpool went through, and obviously ended up winning it. I've just never been able to understand why Newcastle fans were so happy about it.

68895[/snapback]

Sorry mate, maybe it was one shot on target, can't remember tbh. For the record though, I wanted Milan to win the final. For no other reason than I think they are far more attractive to watch. That said, I think throughout the competition as a whole, Liverpool's tactics were superb. I think they were actually 'found out' in the final though, but they still, somehow, won. :lol:

68877[/snapback]

Apart from being outplayed in the semi final, and getting through via a goal which didn't go in? Best team in Europe? :huh:

68878[/snapback]

68881[/snapback]

68885[/snapback]

68889[/snapback]

68895[/snapback]

Sorry mate, maybe it was one shot on target, can't remember tbh. For the record though, I wanted Milan to win the final. For no other reason than I think they are far more attractive to watch. That said, I think throughout the competition as a whole, Liverpool's tactics were superb. I think they were actually 'found out' in the final though, but they still, somehow, won. :lol:

68903[/snapback]

because Liverpool changed tactics at half time, and the amazing fans we have

because an English tem won it???

Dudek save wasnt world class, and most chelsea shos were form too far out to do ote

68905[/snapback]

As I said in my earlier post - Liverpool winning the CL put them in a stronger position when attracting top players, and gave you an increased revenue. I can't see why our fans would be happy with that.

Who cares that an English team won? Does that help Newcastle United?

68877[/snapback]

68878[/snapback]

68881[/snapback]

68885[/snapback]

68889[/snapback]

68895[/snapback]

68903[/snapback]

because Liverpool changed tactics at half time, and the amazing fans we have

68906[/snapback]

You were lucky mate, no offence and well done etc. but although the change of tactics was obviously a factor I think Milan went to pieces for a 10 minute spell. That's probably the only period of the game (including extra time) that you were on top.

As I said in my earlier post - Liverpool winning the CL put them in a stronger position when attracting top players, and gave you an increased revenue. I can't see why our fans would be happy with that.

Who cares that an English team won? Does that help Newcastle United?

68907[/snapback]

I agree with the logic of that but football's often not logical, I was cheering them on, not because they're English but because my brother supports them and I have a soft spot for them.

There's now a bar maid in France that probably hates them because of me though, she kept the bar open an extra hour and a half so I could watch it!

Edited by DotBum

Beating Leverkusen who had walked into the knock out stages, the champions of Italy, the Champions of England and the runners up in Italy lucky draw eh? Funny how absolutely no one gave us a prayer in any game we played after winning the qualifier. Jesus, I'd hate to see what a tough draw would be like. But yeah we were lucky throughout. Xabi fully deserved his booking at Stamford Bridge for having the audacity to allow Gudjhonsen to hold his shirt and haul him to the ground. Saviola's goal in Monaco was ball to hand and the Graz AK player who got booked twice but not sent off was unlucky not to score the winner at Anfield.

Oh, and Rafa's tactics were crap. Clearly doesn't know how to adapt his side to play in Europe. We were also lucky in the sense that we had a fully fit squad to pick from all season ; Rafa highly rates Neil Mellor.

Beating Leverkusen who had walked into the knock out stages, the champions of Italy, the Champions of England and the runners up in Italy lucky draw eh? Funny how absolutely no one gave us a prayer in any game we played after winning the qualifier. Jesus, I'd hate to see what a tough draw would be like. But yeah we were lucky throughout. Xabi fully deserved his booking at Stamford Bridge for having the audacity to allow Gudjhonsen to hold his shirt and haul him to the ground. Saviola's goal in Monaco was ball to hand and the Graz AK player who got booked twice but not sent off was unlucky not to score the winner at Anfield.

Oh, and Rafa's tactics were crap. Clearly doesn't know how to adapt his side to play in Europe. We were also lucky in the sense that we had a fully fit squad to pick from all season ; Rafa highly rates Neil Mellor.

68911[/snapback]

:lol:

Hook back?

yeah but it also advertise english football. you'd ratherAC hve won

68913[/snapback]

Yep. Milan aren't our rivals (sadly Liverpool aren't anymore either though).

I prefer the best teams to win. In my opinion, Milan play much more "watchable" football than Liverpool.

Good luck to liverpool winning it last year. And it's daft to trot out this they got more revenue than us, so it's a bad thing bollocks.

It's not their fault Newcastle underachieved and mismanaged on and off the pitch last season.

Good luck to liverpool winning it last year. And it's daft to trot out this they got more revenue than us, so it's a bad thing bollocks.

It's not their fault Newcastle underachieved and mismanaged on and off the pitch last season.

68916[/snapback]

Of course it's not, but you're happy to see other English teams get bigger are you?

Amazing :lol:

Kit will be there today

68840[/snapback]

68864[/snapback]

68868[/snapback]

We beat Chelsea and Juventus recently as well! :lol: