Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

Anyone tried Marco Pierre White's new steakhouse in hotel Indigo yet?

The missus was involved in a mini launch of it for celebs and locally important people and as such got a full on slap up meal & drinks for free. Said it was the best steak she's ever eaten.

You no want a chain to refry your beans tbs, fit waitress or not.

Is that Turkish, Red Mezze still decent?

Red mezze is great value, excellent lunch deals and handy for the match as well. Mrs Rents loves Las Iguanas. Not keen myself, but it's good for veggies apparently.

Went to that Fat Buddha last week. The new one where linkers used to be. Absolutely delicious, the general theme is Asian fusion, had the crispy duck salad and honey pepper chicken. I highly recommend it.

has anybody tried that Indian buffet place in Clayton Street

Never go for a buffet man, the food has been sitting out for God knows how long, you don't know who's sneezed/coughed/spunked in the sauce...

Never go for a buffet man, the food has been sitting out for God knows how long, you don't know who's sneezed/coughed/spunked in the sauce...

Local Chinese restaurant - always empty, blatantly a front for dodgy dealings - has recently started offering a (small) buffet. They close after lunch and reopen at 6pm. Passed by the other day at about 3pm and the buffet food was standing out uncovered in the window, soaking up the rays. Appetising. :lol:

true. But you never know anyway........

Good chinese one though, so we were told last week anyway - is the Shanghai on the Coast Road, just before the roundabout at the end. Few people we know who went there last week said it was the best meal ever. Worth checking out.

Edited by LeazesMag

Went for a Red Hot World Buffet in Manchester.

By god that's good buffeting. If you're a buffet snob, give it a try. There's ones in Leeds and Other places too.

Needs to come to Newcastle.

Las Iguanas is a chain and any time I've been we'd get 4-5 tapas dishes because the mains never really impressed. It's decent if there's a group going, but I'd not go for a date.

Mrs took me there on my Birthday. Got a free cocktail with glitter and a candle :D

Gorgeous mushroom soup starter thing. Canny Chrorizo & Chicken chilli thing for main. Loads of cocktails.

It's canny for a chain. A cut above Nandos and that without being great..

true. But you never know manyway........

Good chinese one though, so we were told last week anyway - is the Shanghai on the Coast Road, just before the roundabout at the end. Few people we know who went there last week said it was the best meal ever. Worth checking out.

I wasn't that arsed on My Shanghai, LM. Don't get me wrong, not terrible or owt, just not as good as that one in the Metrocentre which is good or the odd one in Stowell street.

true. But you never know anyway........

If thats the one next to the Billy Mill roundabout (used to the Canon pub I think) then its decent enough. You certainly wont have your best ever meal. Nothing special in my opinion. Cheap though.

I wasn't that arsed on My Shanghai, LM. Don't get me wrong, not terrible or owt, just not as good as that one in the Metrocentre which is good or the odd one in Stowell street.

that will cause some discussion when I pass that on............ie comparing with Stowell Street. My other half thinks they are nowt in particular, and it is friends of hers who think the Shanghai is very good.

Me ? I don't care, I like the ones in Stowell Street but I'm not really arsed about posh restaurants etc.

I'm not a one for Chinese buffets to be honest, but of the ones I've been in My Shanghai would come in last quite comfortably. Again, I'm not saying it was poor as it was canny enough just not as good as the rest. Only went in the once a few weeks ago during week as me and the Missus had heard good tales about it and we'd missed dinner time due to being held up at hospital so if anything we weren't fussy just hungry. Its ok, nothing else.

I thought Las Iguanas was ok but I think that's more desperation on my part, as I love Mexican (and similar) food but there's hardly anywhere to get it.

Trying the Wheatsheaf (Benton) tomorrow. They're a Thai/English restaurant now and had a small taste of some of their curry last weekend which was pretty nice. I reckon everyone else will just bottle it and order a Sunday dinner though. Hope it's canny as I love Thai food.

I'm not a one for Chinese buffets to be honest, but of the ones I've been in My Shanghai would come in last quite comfortably. Again, I'm not saying it was poor as it was canny enough just not as good as the rest. Only went in the once a few weeks ago during week as me and the Missus had heard good tales about it and we'd missed dinner time due to being held up at hospital so if anything we weren't fussy just hungry. Its ok, nothing else.

Can we just confirm it's the unisex toilet facility you're reviewing in that review aye ?

Can we just confirm it's the unisex toilet facility you're reviewing in that review aye ?

I loved the retro tracing paper bog roll they had in there. Took me right back to school that did.