Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

• 4 months later...

Don't know if it's been mentioned in here already (cos I can't be arsed to check) but we went to the South Causey Inn for lunch today and the food was amazing. Beautiful setting and lots of animals to keep the bairn entertained too.

i'm coming up to see the old dear at the end of the month. she's going to babysit one night so i can take the mrs out on a rare date night. any new restaurants in or around the toon that has come up that anyone would recommend for such an occasion? i'm thinking at the cafe 21/jesmond dene house end of things...

in other news i'm devastated to learn that my favourite chinese in newcastle (dragon house), where i've been going since i was about 6 years old, has shut down.

i'm coming up to see the old dear at the end of the month. she's going to babysit one night so i can take the mrs out on a rare date night. any new restaurants in or around the toon that has come up that anyone would recommend for such an occasion? i'm thinking at the cafe 21/jesmond dene house end of things...

in other news i'm devastated to learn that my favourite chinese in newcastle (dragon house), where i've been going since i was about 6 years old, has shut down.

Even though it's not new I still don't think that you can look past Blackfriar's.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in here already (cos I can't be arsed to check) but we went to the South Causey Inn for lunch today and the food was amazing. Beautiful setting and lots of animals to keep the bairn entertained too.

Full of kids you say? Thanks I'll cross that off my list. ;)

Paradiso is mint.

House of Tides, Kenny Atkinson's new place. I don't think there are any other restaurants in town that are on the level of Cafe 21/Jesmond Dene House. Maybe Six @ The Baltic? In any case, House of Tides surpasses them all. Full nine course tasting menu experience too, which you won't be getting elsewhere in town.