Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

Last time we were in Lanzarote, the worst of the restaurants were having to compete like mad for business because of the downturn. There was a row of more or less neighbouring all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets, all of which had cut their prices to €3.99 per person. Let's be honest, you're lucky if you're eating dog at that price. :lol:

All Chinese all you can eat buffets are disgusting. No discussion required.

:lol: Was amused to see it crop up in this thread like.

Edited by Alex

I went to a reasonable Chinese buffet up in Galashiels a few years ago. That was the only one I've ever been to that was remotely alright. The original Lau's on Stowell street and the one that used to be upstais in the gate (think it was where Nando's is now) were fucking horrendous.

Went for our Christmas night out at work. Flattered to deceive iyam.

Longhorns is loads nicer.

We went on Saturday lunch and thought it was very reasonable. 2 of us got starters and mains for £35 so I don't think it flatters itself too much.

The (raw) apple and onion deepfried in batter was odd, but I could eat spoons of the sweet mayo that comes with it.

I went in starving and left half of my main. A mountain of briskett and the few bits of fat were melting off it lush.

cba looking through here but what's considered the best city centre Indians? Mate is up for the weekend so we're watching the match, having a curry then out on the drink. I remember Raval being lush but someone will probably twist about having to walk over the bridge.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Lau's king buffet? It's just a more expensive version of the buffet on Stowell street.

It's much better than I imagined it would be. They do Japanese food too. How much is the one on Stowell Street? You on about the one opposite Rosey's?? I'd rather have your cooking than that pishy one, rude they are too.

Ah-loooove Akbars....ah-looooove Akbars.

I bet some drunken spastic has chanted that at the likely Hindu staff.

If they haven't, AH.... You're the man for this job.

:lol: That is both inspired and unsettling.

cba looking through here but what's considered the best city centre Indians? Mate is up for the weekend so we're watching the match, having a curry then out on the drink. I remember Raval being lush but someone will probably twist about having to walk over the bridge.

Ravals is definitely the nicest.

You can always stop off at The Central Bar as well to stop them moaning.

Ah-loooove Akbars....ah-looooove Akbars.

I bet some drunken spastic has chanted that at the likely Hindu staff.

If they haven't, AH.... You're the man for this job.

Seriously though, they could use that on an advert.

"1.6 billion Muslims can't be wrong."

I'm Don fucking Draper.

Ravals is definitely the nicest.

You can always stop off at The Central Bar as well to stop them moaning.

Aye, was thinking that. I'll send them the links to Akbars, Raval and Sachins and see what they fancy. Cheers, all.

If it is Akbars, I'll sing that little ditty to them, no bother. I'll even take the arrest.

Sachins is the nicest Indians I've been to in Newcastle, and I'd say I've been to a lot of them.

Akbars was alright but it was a free meal so I didn't really consider the value aspect of it. I remember the waiter being overbearing though which put me off, he was permanently hovering around the table.