Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...this is on the agenda for this weekend:

http://www.sagegateshead.com/event/underworld/

:dance:

Thing is, am travelling from the beautiful south with the present Mrs PL on Friday night via an 1830 flight from Southampton. So am looking for recommendations for a late-ish dinner/supper on a Friday night, close-ish to ye olde Copthorne Hotel, preferably without a quota of Quayside stags/hens/general drunkards. Anyone actually eaten in the Copthorne lately?..£14 for fish and chips in the restaraunt, but the bar food there doesnt really tempt either..

Also we're looking for somewhere for a posh-ish Sunday lunch, doesnt have to be carvery sort of thing, just somewhere a bit better than standard pub grub...

Ok...this is on the agenda for this weekend:

http://www.sagegateshead.com/event/underworld/

:dance:

Thing is, am travelling from the beautiful south with the present Mrs PL on Friday night via an 1830 flight from Southampton. So am looking for recommendations for a late-ish dinner/supper on a Friday night, close-ish to ye olde Copthorne Hotel, preferably without a quota of Quayside stags/hens/general drunkards. Anyone actually eaten in the Copthorne lately?..£14 for fish and chips in the restaraunt, but the bar food there doesnt really tempt either..

Also we're looking for somewhere for a posh-ish Sunday lunch, doesnt have to be carvery sort of thing, just somewhere a bit better than standard pub grub...

I got married in the Copthorne and appart from that being the worst decision of my life, the food was outstanding. Being an awkward twat I got Turbot specially for me but the general meat course was beef wellington. I had a try of the witches and that was excellent too. That was about 12 year ago like.

Sachins's isn't far from the copthorn and is excellent and I've heard that the chinese opposite is good but I've never been.

Was in the Botanist the other week and aye, load of shite. As my mate so succinctly put it, it's "nowt but weekend millionaires in half-price Debenhams suits"

:lol:

@ Never been in the Shark Bar either but I get the picture.

Speaking of bars I went to that bierkeller the other week. Totally awful.

Was expecting some real good German wheat beer and that on show, walked in and the first thing I saw on top was Strongbow. [emoji38]

Speaking of bars I went to that bierkeller the other week. Totally awful.

Was expecting some real good German wheat beer and that on show, walked in and the first thing I saw on top was Strongbow. [emoji38]

If I'm ever able to have a monster session again, after all this chemo shite ends in December, I'd love to get smashed on German wheat beer in Munich like. Munich bier festival, watch FC Bayern with all the Helmut's, that would be a great weekend that.

It's the type of bar for wanks who wear glasses when they don't need them.

Seems like you're in the minority if you're not a hipster whenever I go out. Which is about once every 18 months.

• 2 months later...

Had a great meal at The Joiners Arms in Low Newton this evening.

Split the Fishermans Platter starter between three of us- Moules marinieres , Tempura King Prawns, Blackened Cajun Salmon, Prawn Cocktail on Samphire, and Calamari matchsticks with sweet chilli.

I had Pork Belly on Black Pudding Mash with greens for main.

Absolutely lovely, with St. Mary's Ale by Wylam and Secret Kingdom Ale from Hadrian Border Brewery.

Also, on the drive home, after 17 years of marriage Mrs. F thought it was time she told me that's she's a Synesthete- she sees letters and numbers as colours. :lol:

At sunset tomorrow I'm burning her as a witch.

Did you have to use panorama on your phone to take a picture of your tea btw? :lol: A setting that is usually reserved for vast landscape shots.

I did and it was for four. About 16 dishes in all. My fork work was like Bearsdley cutting through a weak team :lol:

[emoji38] The food gets delivered and in the time it takes the people you're with to order drinks, they turn around and 80 percent of the food has been transferred to your plate.