Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Speaking of bars I went to that bierkeller the other week. Totally awful.

Was expecting some real good German wheat beer and that on show, walked in and the first thing I saw on top was Strongbow. [emoji38]

http://www.steinbierkeller.com/newcastle/

One of their weekday offer nights is "Dam Buster Tuesdays". Keeping it real. :lol:

• 1 month later...

That classy bloke known as manc-mag took me to Nando's in Manchester on Saturday night. It was a double-date with my boy and his nephew. The last time we did that was 12 years ago after going to see Peter Kay at the MEN arena with our respective other-halves. Nice to know we've stood the test of time even if the exes didn't :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Not Newcastle but the Fat Buddah at Seaburn on the beach.

Never been to a FB before but extremely impressed having this on our doorstep.

Food was really nice and tiger on tap is always good.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Going to Blackfriars for Restaurant Week with family who haven't been before. I've not fancied the look of their menu the last few times but this one looks alright.

Riley's Fish Shack has opened permanently on King Edwards Bay. I contributed to the Kickstarter and would love to see it become a lasting installment right on our doorstep, so get yourself along and enjoy some fish dishes on the beach.

https://www.facebook.com/rileysfishshack

Popped in today after excellent Dinossur pitch n putt at heighly gate garden centre. Rip off but live action dinosaurs as you go round so young'un so love it.

Anyway, been dying to go to Riley's for a while and loved it apart from the food. :(

Sun beating down, great setting, nice seat watching the bairn play in the sand below.

Nobody was particularly hungry but I wanted to try something so ordered the mackerel wrap and persuaded our lass to try the fish cakes.

Didn't like the mackerel and the fish cakes were just dry as hell.

Was hoping for a bit of variety in the fish and a bit more flavoursome as you get in the equivalent surf bars in the states.

Serve warm cider as well.

They've been so successful they've opened another branch on the quayside. Knowing (as we all do) CT lives in opposite world, I'm sure his review will peak the interest of any readers who haven't been so far.

Popped in today after excellent Dinossur pitch n putt at heighly gate garden centre. Rip off but live action dinosaurs as you go round so young'un so love it.

Anyway, been dying to go to Riley's for a while and loved it apart from the food. :(

Sun beating down, great setting, nice seat watching the bairn play in the sand below.

Nobody was particularly hungry but I wanted to try something so ordered the mackerel wrap and persuaded our lass to try the fish cakes.

Didn't like the mackerel and the fish cakes were just dry as hell.

Was hoping for a bit of variety in the fish and a bit more flavoursome as you get in the equivalent surf bars in the states.

Serve warm cider as well.

Zip it, mackerel breath!

Been there three times and loved it each time. Hake, Monkfish and Halibut all served with an ice cold beer.

Really looking forward to trying the one on the quayside as the lass serving is apparently stunning.

I tried to get her number last week but got a swift brush off. Oh well, plenty more fish in the sea.