Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Has anyone eaten at Ephesus Turkish restaurant in Morpeth?

Going there tomorrow for a pals 50th and wondering if it’s any good? 

I've been to Ephesus in Turkey if that helps. Lovely library.

26 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I have as it happens, couple of years ago now. Was late afternoon/early evening so couldn't really judge the atmosphere of the place, but the couple of dishes me and my old man had were perfectly decent if nowt spectacular. You can't go that far wrong with variations on a theme of meat, rice and veg I suppose. I see it's got a few indifferent online reviews from around that time, but one of them waxes lyrical about the "foccacia-type bread" so I have my doubts. No sign of duck pide on the menu, sadly. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Why? If someone says it's shit will you cancel your plans? 

7 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I have as it happens, couple of years ago now. Was late afternoon/early evening so couldn't really judge the atmosphere of the place, but the couple of dishes me and my old man had were perfectly decent if nowt spectacular. You can't go that far wrong with variations on a theme of meat, rice and veg I suppose. I see it's got a few indifferent online reviews from around that time, but one of them waxes lyrical about the "foccacia-type bread" so I have my doubts. No sign of duck pide on the menu, sadly. :(

Cheers matey. 

• 5 months later...

Anyone of our Sweaty contingent familiar with Edinburgh?

Going up next month with Mrs.F. to celebrate not dying before 50, and looking for somewhere quality serving classic haute cuisine style-( i.e. I want to eat my food off a plate, not some ”pea foam infused with depression” that’s been piped in to a stuffed raccoon’s anus). 

Bonus points if I can eat some locally killed deer/seafood/cow. 

41 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Anyone of our Sweaty contingent familiar with Edinburgh?

Going up next month with Mrs.F. to celebrate not dying before 50, and looking for somewhere quality serving classic haute cuisine style-( i.e. I want to eat my food off a plate, not some ”pea foam infused with depression” that’s been piped in to a stuffed raccoon’s anus). 

Bonus points if I can eat some locally killed deer/seafood/cow. 

Tom Kitchens place in leith is class, also has a pub style place in town called castle terrace which is a bit more laid back

• Like 1

Cheers Strawb, looked at his place and The Castle Terrace. 

I know Leith isn’t far, but I’d prefer somewhere within staggering of our hotel on Charlotte Square, so I might try the Castle Terrace. 

Also looking at a place called 21212, which looks great but has potential for pea foam embuggarances… it’s just such a 1st world problem :D