Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

You're in the wrong thread.

Anyway, my recommendation is the maison bleue which is about as central as you can get. Best dead Bambi I've ever had. Mind, this was more than 5 years ago.

https://www.maisonbleuerestaurant.com/

Think I've been to the castle terrace and didn't like it, it was much less casual and relaxed.

Congratulations on hopefully not dying before your half century BTW. :nufc:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Anyone know any quality restaurants in Sunderland,apart from McDonalds?

D'Acqua is good, though you might need to reserve. Hope that helps. :good:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A reminder, Newcastle restaurant week next week.

Just been to Paradiso for some Al Fresco dining tonight and must say it takes some beating for Al Fresco Mediterranean food.

My personal recommendation:

Starter: Anti Pasta Caldo

Main: Mix Grill

No pudding 

• 2 months later...

Need a good coffee shop to recommend. Preferably not a Costa/Starbucks. The closer to Grey St Hotel the better. 

Also some mates are heading up for the Bournemouth game and asked for pub/bar advice.

Suggested the Forth/Town Wall, Tilleys before the match then Fat Hippo for food and Alvinos for drinks after. Are they all still good or have I given my mates a bum steer?

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Need a good coffee shop to recommend. Preferably not a Costa/Starbucks. The closer to Grey St Hotel the better. 

Also some mates are heading up for the Bournemouth game and asked for pub/bar advice.

Suggested the Forth/Town Wall, Tilleys before the match then Fat Hippo for food and Alvinos for drinks after. Are they all still good or have I given my mates a bum steer?

I still like Alvinos so that should carry all the weight you need

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Blakes is still good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I still like Alvinos so that should carry all the weight you need

It does, it absolutely does.

Mind if CT had said it was good I'd probably have suggested burning the place to the ground and salting the ashes.