Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

On 10/23/2018 at 15:56, Howmanheyman said:

I'm just imagining a conversation about a trip somewhere with mates that involves discussing what coffee shop we go to? :scratchchin: It's a pretty surreal scenario tbh. :lol:

Up there for work, I'd already given them a few pub suggestions, but figured they might need a coffee shop that wasn't just a starbucks.

8 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Starbucks don't know their coffee like Fish's coffee mates know their coffee

You'd probably recommend a visitor to Newcastle try Mcdonald's, Starbucks and Tiger Tiger, to really get a Newcastle experience, you corporate shill.

Saw that, would have suggested they go down there for the Tap and the street food stuff but they were pretty adamant about staying pretty close to the hotel.

• 1 year later...

Was at River Beat next to the old Baja Beach Club the other day.  They do Asian tapas and Dim Sum as well as a few curries.  Second time I've been and loved it both times.  Also went to St Vincent during restaurant week last month and it was excellent.  It's another small plates restaurant owned by Terry Labourne.  Definitely one I'll visit again.

Not been to Cookhouse myself and it gets very highly recommended by people but my mate went a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed.  Said it was just average.

Thali Tray in Ouseburn is good too.  Not sure I'd be heading there in this weather though.

4 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Not been to Cookhouse myself and it gets very highly recommended by people but my mate went a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed.  Said it was just average.

Thali Tray in Ouseburn is good too.  Not sure I'd be heading there in this weather though.

Cook House is very good indeed.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Anyone tried Flint on Chilly Road? Top notch pizza and a great online ordering system where you book a 15 minute collection slot. It's the new Cal's Own. 

Where do you live nowadays? 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Wideopen. So I'm not super close but for pizza, I'd climb a mountain. 

But at what cost? That’s your daily allowance of 600 calories smashed in a couple of slices