Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Average age on here, I presume, is 40 something. Most of the regulars - me, Alex, Gemmill, PaddockLad, Renton, MF, Meenzer - all north of 40.

Think the exceptions are Ewerk, Tom, Andrew, Fish, Quiff and Rayvin - still clinging to 30s.

I’d be amazed if we have anyone left in their 20s. Maybe Kevin if he’s still lurking.

Oldest remaining poster - maybe trooper? 

Edit - nope Spongebob

I'm not fucking clinging, I've just gone 34, early mid!

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, anyone of you old bastards know of any good restaurants? :lol:

One or two but they'll be no use to any of you :lol:

• Haha 1

Christ we are an old board, I hit 34 in December. 

I remember when I was 21 And I remember posting in my birthday thread I felt “old”. I was rightly given stick. 

Being younger was nice but I wouldn’t want to be in my early 20s growing up in this metamodern hellscape. I’m happy how I spend my youth. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Shall we invite him back, just for the craic? Lift the ban temporarily. It would be very 2021 

I never even knew he was banned.

We put him in the “crèche” and he fucked off out of spite.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Being younger was nice but I wouldn’t want to be in my early 20s growing up in this metamodern hellscape. I’m happy how I spend my youth. 

One word: Tinder.

• Haha 3

I met Mrs Fish through internet dating, but Tindr was exclusively used by people looking for a shag. 

I don't think my combination of face + pleonasm, prolixity, and verbosity would work well on Tindr.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Im glad it wasn’t around when I was in my pomp- I’d have died of a blart overdose. :lol:

the kids these days don't know they're born. 

still, we got to navigate our misspent youth without camera phones and the threat of a photographic record of every mashed up night being shared online in perpetuity.  

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

the kids these days don't know they're born. 

still, we got to navigate our misspent youth without camera phones and the threat of a photographic record of every mashed up night being shared online in perpetuity.  

I once shagged a fat bird in my mates living room with 4 other guys sleeping on the floor, when we finished round one all 4 of them got up and left the room. I'm glad they didn't have camera phones.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I once shagged a fat bird in my mates living room with 4 other guys sleeping on the floor, when we finished round one all 4 of them got up and left the room. I'm glad they didn't have camera phones.

Is that what you called her?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I met Mrs Fish through internet dating, but Tindr was exclusively used by people looking for a shag. 

I don't think my combination of face + pleonasm, prolixity, and verbosity would work well on Tindr.

I swiped left on this comment. 

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

So, I got this email from Blackfriars about a valentines meal. Sounded nice. The catch is, it's £70 per person (I'm conventional so that's £140). Oh, and you have to cook it yourself. I mean, WTAF?

Edited by Renton