Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

A shout out to Barca Art Cafe on Front Street in Tynemouth, in what was the venerable & indeed terrible Rawalpindi. We went there Sunday evening & were bowled over by the quality of it.

Bloody hell, that's a blast from the past. We used to go there after an afternoon perusing second-hand bookshops. I had a fucking thrilling childhood.

A shout out to Barca Art Cafe on Front Street in Tynemouth, in what was the venerable & indeed terrible Rawalpindi. We went there Sunday evening & were bowled over by the quality of it.

Bloody hell, that's a blast from the past. We used to go there after an afternoon perusing second-hand bookshops. I had a fucking thrilling childhood.

The Gate of India is still there on the opposite side of the road, between the library & the Stuffed Dog

There's one of them all you can eat meat joints in the Metrocentre now.

Big Lukes?

:lol:

Nah man, proper steak, chicken, pork, lamb, rabbit, pigeon...all sorts...

http://www.fazenda.c...ence/meats.html

Looks the part. Dont fancy travelling to far tho, prefer to stay in the city. Looked up that Blackfriars, would do me but the Mrs is bit of a plain eater. Doesnt seem to be too many places about unless your into Chinese or Italian.

honestly you felt the urge to post that jeeez

honestly you felt the urge to post that jeeez

Everyone's a critic.

• 3 months later...

Escobars

Went there last night and thought it was rubbish. Basically its like been at an ok BBQ and then eating more than you normally would.

The meat itself I thought was nowt special and quite fatty / grissly.

Overall not worth the £14.95 a head. I wouldnt go back if it was half that price tbf.

Eating more than CT normally does for 15 sounds like decent value to me like.

Anyone been (or being) to that Mexican on Grey Street? The Toon is crying out for a decent Mexican place.

Aye it's dead average unfortunately. I've been a few times, and the main courses I've had have been bland.

I had the Prawn Bobo and the Extraordinary Xinxim, both of which are brazilian and both of which were nothing special.

Saw a group of lasses in there who just got a load of starters to share and that looked like the better option.

It's happy hour all day til half 7, which means 2 for 1 on cocktails, some of which were decent. The food isn't bad, but I was expecting it to be dead tasty and it wasn't.

Eating more than CT normally does for £15 sounds like decent value to me like.

Anyone been (or being) to that Mexican on Grey Street? The Toon is crying out for a decent Mexican place.

The wife has been a few times and says it's top notch... Las Igunas isn't it?

Bit of a mixed bag of reviews there.

I must admit I thought it looked a bit 'trendy' on the website. It's a shame if it's nowt special as there's only that and places like Chiquito's (which is canny shite). When you can comfortably cook better stuff at home it's not really worth going to. I probably mix better Margeritas as well ;)

Bit of a mixed bag of reviews there.

I must admit I thought it looked a bit 'trendy' on the website. It's a shame if it's nowt special as there's only that and places like Chiquito's (which is canny shite). When you can comfortably cook better stuff at home it's not really worth going to. I probably mix better Margeritas as well ;)

Las Iguanas is a chain and any time I've been we'd get 4-5 tapas dishes because the mains never really impressed. It's decent if there's a group going, but I'd not go for a date.

It's not in Newcastle, but I had an amazing meal at Wynyard Hall last week.

Whitby crab followed by lightly curried seabass followed by coffee souffle. It was immense. Well worth a trip down there. Order off the seasonal menu.