Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

House of Tides, Kenny Atkinson's new place. I don't think there are any other restaurants in town that are on the level of Cafe 21/Jesmond Dene House. Maybe Six @ The Baltic? In any case, House of Tides surpasses them all. Full nine course tasting menu experience too, which you won't be getting elsewhere in town.

Sounds mint that.

Sounds mint that.

Best meal I've had in Newcastle, easily. Went there prepared to be disappointed, but was massively impressed. I've eaten in a fair few Michelin starred places, and that was up there with them.

I went to Alain Ducasse at Le Meurice the other week. 3 stars there, the booze was great but the food was not all that. Funny night though, the bloke paying for dinner was an arms-trader from West Virginia who had done two tours of Vietnam, been in prison in Russia and had someone do time for him in India. He was a character like, i asked him why he went back to Vietnam after the first time, he said it was because he hated his first wife.

Michelin stars are handed out in France to the right people but restaurants in places like Newcastle have to really really earn them. I bet its great there, will have to try it next time we are home, i hope he gets his star anyway as i know how much it means to chefs. Cafe 21 had one didn't it? Has it still got it?

i ate at Alain Ducass at the DOrchester for the wife's birthday last year and felt the same. I've eaten in plenty of one star joints in London that were a lot better

Off to Cafe 21 tonight (taking advantage of Restaurant Week), haven't been for ages but last time I went it was absolutely lush.

What was the restaurant week menu like? We're heading there on Saturday.

Dabawal last night was really good.

I don't mind trying different stuff but the mates wife isn't keen so it looks like we are heading to one of the tapas joints.

If it was my pick I'd be giving Blackfriars a whirl.

Is this tonight?!

*cancels table at El Coto*

;)