Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

Had a look round the Sage for the first time then strolled over the bridge and had some tapas in 'La Tasca'. It isn't as good as 'El Coto' obviously but it did have a 'kids eat and drink free' as well as having some lovely churros with choc sauce, strawberries and marshmallows gratis for the little'uns. Nice casual three hours to pass this afternoon. :D (Just gutted we didn't bump into CT!) :whistling:

Las Iguanas is good for 2 for 1 caipirinhas, but the food is canny bland for South American stuff.

The flaming birds are canny tasty. I'd say it's good food for a chain and quite cheap.

The flaming birds are canny tasty. I'd say it's good food for a chain and quite cheap.

The Wife fancies going there, the menu seems canny enough but am slightly put off with it being a chain. I might give it a go next time we're out that way for some scran.

Had a look round the Sage for the first time then strolled over the bridge and had some tapas in 'La Tasca'. It isn't as good as 'El Coto' obviously but it did have a 'kids eat and drink free' as well as having some lovely churros with choc sauce, strawberries and marshmallows gratis for the little'uns. Nice casual three hours to pass this afternoon. :D (Just gutted we didn't bump into CT!) :whistling:

Had a walk around the sage with my brood on Sunday before doing the market.

Had a walk around the sage with my brood on Sunday before doing the market.

Had a view of hall 1 in the Sage. Impressive. In fact the view from it across the Tyne just puts into perspective what we have up here.

I've just never had a meal in there that wasn't pretty bland.

Strange description for a place that specializes in spicy food. Anyway, it's not a place for a special meal out, agree d.

Strange description for a place that specializes in spicy food. Anyway, it's not a place for a special meal out, agree d.

That's exactly it though. I've eaten their so called spicy food and their signature dishes and it all lacked flavour. I wanted it to be good and it wasn't.

That's exactly it though. I've eaten their so called spicy food and their signature dishes and it all lacked flavour. I wanted it to be good and it wasn't.

Try the flaming bird. ;)

I'm no critic anyway, haven't been anywhere decent (ie expensive) in yonks.

mu7ady7e.jpg

;)

What a horrible, atrocious picture. And these fuckers are or wanting to run our country? I'd have have let them dress up, stare dreamily into space for their Spandau Ballet pose then put them against the wall ready for a hail of bullets. It would've been for the best.

Edited by Howmanheyman

What a horrible, atrocious picture. And these fuckers are or wanting to run our country? I'd have have let them dress up, stare dreamily into space for their Spandau Ballet pose then put them against the wall ready for a hail of bullets. It would've been for the best.

Anyone who doesn't have that reaction to that picture is a write-off as a human being as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone who doesn't have that reaction to that picture is a write-off as a human being as far as I'm concerned.

Your gonna go mental over this then :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=DQ_lU7yPFs-e7Ab2qIDgDQ&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DpZwv6h-LhTw&cd=1&ved=0CBwQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHT35k6IrOL8GLZmIt_DcOoTKrm-g

Been to Blackfriars twice, and was left disappointed both times. Seems to be highly rated, but the food was massively underwhelming, and the service worse.

Blackfriars is superb, the service is always great aswell. You sound like a tripadvisor troll here.