Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

What a horrible, atrocious picture. And these fuckers are or wanting to run our country? I'd have have let them dress up, stare dreamily into space for their Spandau Ballet pose then put them against the wall ready for a hail of bullets. It would've been for the best.

This picture sums u everything that's wrong with this country

We went to the Causey Inn on catmag's advice yesterday. It was as good as she said... But it WAS teeming with kids.

We must've got lucky on Wednesday as it was really quiet. Glad you enjoyed it though! I imagine it'll be a stunning place at Christmas :)

We must've got lucky on Wednesday as it was really quiet. Glad you enjoyed it though! I imagine it'll be a stunning place at Christmas :)

Aye. We were looking at that. Best part of £70 a head. Wouldn't mind it as long as I wasn't driving.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: That's pretty accurate, like.

Tried Hop and Cleaver last Friday, the new BBQ place on the Quayside. It was alright, to be fair. Nowhere near as good as it thinks it is, mind. Somebody really needs to tell them that BBQ brisket should be served sliced, not as pulled beef in gravy. Flagrant violation of trade descriptions that.

Lovely roam around gibside today followed by a wonderful Sunday dinner at the south causey inn.

Arrived about 4.30 and seated straight away. Meat, Yorkshire and gravy served on the plate followed by an abundance of plated veg to go at consisting of Roastys, mash, roasted parsnip, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots etc.

Lots of lovely farm animals to entertain the kids outside as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a really nice steak in Jamie's Italian. It was on the specials board though so isn't a regular part of the menu. I had their cheapy steak and chips another time and it was crap, although they have a range available and this was the cheapest.

I'll get scoffed at for this, no doubt.

We went to Jamies Italian a few weeks back. I had the chicken and thought it was little better than Nandos. The starter (goats cheese) and dessert (sticky toffy, fudge chocolate thing) were lush though, hard to get those wrong really.

The wife had the standard steak off the menu, and as you say, not particularly impressed.

Joined Jamies club so we were supposed to get a tenner off but they failed to put it through when i was paying and then said they couldn't refund me and we'd have to come back for another meal to get our £10 off deal, so canny shambolic service from the managementl... despite the lass being an excellent waitress up to that point.

Ah that's a shame. I've had a couple of variable experiences there but it's mostly been good. The bad steak, which I guess was partly my fault for ordering cheap steak, and then I was in there the week after Christmas and they'd ran out of a bunch of stuff. They tried to play it off as how they only deal in fresh ingredients etc, but that's no excuse for not being able to cook a burger.