Sturridge on loan?

Craig

Adding to that, I find Erdinc a HUGE risk for several reasons - declining form, high price, uncertainty concerning how he would adjust to the premier league etc... I dont think we will splash 10 mill on him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a sniff of Chelsea willing to sell, The Balloon and The Slug should make hand meet pocket nevermind pussyfooting about with loans .

:lol: New name for Shearer's Bar?

Apparently he's on about 60k a week at Chelsea. That would prove to be a massive stumbling block imo.

He is EXACTLY the striker we need and should of been our number one target to fill the number 9 shirt. Its evident that we arent going for ariel threat and more pace and directness so he would fit the bill perfectly.

A loan with a view to purchase at any time would be good but i'd rather we just went in there and signed him permanently from the get go. Build a team round him.

10-12mil, 60k a week, the number 9 shirt and the guarentee of first team football should be enough to bring him here.

I just dont see our board paying 80k a week for ANY new signing unfortunatly.

60k is already pushing it imo.

Then again we will be saving about 150k a week so far what with Smith going 60k, Nolan gone 40k, Campbell released 20k, Kuqi released 10k and possibly Best and Ranger.

10-12 mill might be acceptable as an opening bid, at a stretch. Considering the pricing of recent regarding proven english quality, I am doubtful that anything less than 15-16 mill would bring Chelsea to the table.

Liverpool doesnt seem interested for some reason, thank god. I reckon if we made a cheeky 14.7 mill`ish bid today I think we would be able to get a sit-down.. probably end up at 17-18 mill.

Would be a fantastic signing. Much more technical and rounded than Carroll, for half the price. Unfortunately, expecting Ashley to shell out 18 mill for one player is about as likely as council estate citizens only fostering 1 kid.

Stoke have opened the bidding for Sturridge tonight with a 6mil bid.

Thats actually suprisingly low and i'd imagine it would be quickly rejected.

But if that is the general valuation or even close then i'd hope we would go in their with a 7.5mil bid for him tomorrow!

If FMA wants to show his intention for us and what he wants to acheive next year then we NEED to be going in for him and bringing him up here and giving him the number 9 shirt.

But if that is the general valuation or even close then i'd hope we would go in their with a 7.5mil bid for him tomorrow!

If FMA wants to show his intention for us and what he wants to acheive next year then we NEED to be going in for him and bringing him up here and giving him the number 9 shirt.

careful we aren't overcharged half a million quid for a promising player and end up paying 2m quid for Jay Boothroyd instead because its "better value for money"

careful we aren't overcharged half a million quid for a promising player and end up paying 2m quid for Jay Boothroyd instead because its "better value for money"

To be honest leazes i would expect to pay about 12mil for him so its a suprise to me Stoke going in with half of that. If we could get him for about 8mil then i'd be delighted.

4mil more to spend on the rest of the squad eh? :lol:

Dont think we will end up with any shite like Boothroyd. We've already shown our intent in the standard of player we are after. Boothroyd is shite. We wont sign him. Put that in the prediction thread.

To be honest leazes i would expect to pay about 12mil for him so its a suprise to me Stoke going in with half of that. If we could get him for about 8mil then i'd be delighted.

Dont think we will end up with any shite like Boothroyd. We've already shown our intent in the standard of player we are after. Boothroyd is shite. We wont sign him. Put that in the prediction thread.

Leazes is talking about buying Dean Sturridge according to a thread he's put elsewhere so £12 Mill is a bit of a stretch tbh.

I'm not sure you can say that tbh bud, so far we've signed players unproven at premiership level and possible crocks. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly been interesting but intent-wise we've had nothing solid. If we sign Zoggy back and bring in Sturridge I'd be more inclined to think we had a definate heading of the right direction (on the pitch anyways).

Edited by Armchair Pundit

I know he's proven in this league but I really don't want to sign Charlie for the prices being quoted. He will be our 1 big signing of the summer and I would ratehr that money went on a decent striker. We should have got Larsson on a free and bid £12mil for Sturridge

Make N'Zogbia wait. When we've conducted the important business of the summer - ie. sorting out the Enrique predicament and signing some more strikers then we can look into what would be a luxury player who plays in positions where we're quite strong already.