Villas Boas

The Fish

Huge amount of pressure if you ask me. He's inheriting an ageing, disjointed squad. He's never managed at this level (imo). It would be a good appointment if he was going to get time, I just can't see that happening

He's got an amazing, albeit short, record as manager. It'll be interesting to see how be does with a bigger club. I'd expect to see Hiddink coming in as DoF sometime soon.

• 5 months later...

Losing it.

http://www1.skysport...elebration-rule

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has ordered his players to include him in their goal celebrations, a club spokesperson has confirmed.

The news is the latest twist regarding the Portuguese, who in midweek launched a scathing attack on the media for a perceived agenda against his team.

Villas-Boas has come under pressure after falling 10 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City, who they host at Stamford Bridge on

And now it has been revealed the 34-year-old has told his players they must acknowledge him and his staff when they celebrate.

A Chelsea spokesperson said in The Sun: "The manager has asked the players to look across and recognise him and his staff on the bench after a goal.

"He believes that by celebrating together it shows we are all in it together.

"That's the players, the manager, the subs, the staff, the medical people - everyone working and celebrating together."

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16122746.stm

Andre Villas-Boas has described Gary Neville's criticism of his Chelsea side as "ridiculous".

The former Manchester United player said Blues defender David Luiz played like a man being controlled by a 10-year-old using a PlayStation.

"I'd say this to his face with most pleasure," the Chelsea boss said.

"You can't speculate and invent things that are going on. Some people can have more or less an idea. But not him. He cannot know."

Villas-Boas added: "You cannot approach a top Brazil central defender saying he's commanded by a kid with a PlayStation. That's ridiculous.

"He plays for the team with most [world] titles, so be careful with what you're saying."

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Losing it.

Andre Villas-Boas has described Gary Neville's criticism of his Chelsea side as "ridiculous".

The former Manchester United player said Blues defender David Luiz played like a man being controlled by a 10-year-old using a PlayStation.

"I'd say this to his face with most pleasure," the Chelsea boss said.

"You can't speculate and invent things that are going on. Some people can have more or less an idea. But not him. He cannot know."

Villas-Boas added: "You cannot approach a top Brazil central defender saying he's commanded by a kid with a PlayStation. That's ridiculous.

"He plays for the team with most [world] titles, so be careful with what you're saying."

So the fact that he plays for Brazil makes him immune to any kind of criticism? I'd like to see how AVB reacts if the press really turn up the heat on him....

I think he's a bit of a prat to be honest, he comes across as a sham of a manager really, a Jose wannabe at best. Thought he lacked respect after our match, if he does badly in this country I'd be quite pleased I think.

I think thats a load of shite AP, at 34 he is clearly an exceptionally impressive individual and like many 34 year olds will be prone to mistakes. He didnt lack respect after our match, he apologised for the behaviour of one his coaches and talked up his team.

Then had a go at Pardew.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7368250/AVB-annoyed-by-Pardew

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas believes Newcastle counterpart Alan Pardew should have kept quiet after last weekend's defeat at St James' Park.

The Portuguese has been firmly under the spotlight for the past week after accusing the media of a premeditated agenda against his club.

Villas-Boas believes Pardew also demonstrated double standards when complaining about David Luiz's escape from a red card in Chelsea's 3-0 win last Saturday lunchtime.

The centre-back committed a last-man challenge on Demba Ba and escaped a red card, much to the annoyance of Pardew, when only receiving a booking.

But Villas-Boas said ahead of Monday's match with Manchester City: "Nobody tried to focus on the fact that maybe Demba Ba was offside in the David Luiz challenge. Nobody took that option.

"They all wanted to give him the red card straight away.

Big scandal

"Alan Pardew made a big scandal out of this but the guy is offside.

"Maybe the linesman should have done his work - and maybe Pardew was lucky!

"He even got a free-kick which Ryan Taylor could have scored from, and I got a yellow card and a player suspended.

"So maybe, now, I should get the player and the card rescinded, because it was an offside the linesman didn't give.

"And this is the same manager who got a (controversial) penalty at Old Trafford to get a 1-1 making a big scandal out of this.

"And then it was 'It got their player (Steven Taylor) injured, because David Luiz wasn't sent off' - come on!"

That wasnt after the match. Neither are those quotes disrespectful. Neither would i consider them inappropriate if Pardew said them. We were lucky at Man U, unlucky v Chelsea.

AVB is an impressive individual, you havent got the first clue about what it takes to be successful in life if you dont see it.

hardly having a go at him, though I know you just dont like the guy anyway tec...MT

I actually have that weeks MOTD on my computer here so I had a look and he may actually be right with the offside, it'd be incredibly tight but its one of those where the "ive seen them given" cliches is actually accurate, benefit of the doubt is given to the attacker but I can understand calling it offside from a chelsea perspective

I do actually like the guy, I think at his age to be where he is despite having no football playing background is incredible and he gets some good will from me for being a SBR protege

He just seems to be commenting on everything, trying a bit too hard to be the new Mourinho.

he gets interviewed a lot being the chelsea manager

I dont think hes calling press conferences here there and everywhere to get on his soapbox and talk about stuff

He just seems to be commenting on everything, trying a bit too hard to be the new Mourinho.

he gets interviewed a lot being the chelsea manager

I dont think hes calling press conferences here there and everywhere to get on his soapbox and talk about stuff

:lol: