Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

Well hello fans of Newcastle, I am back! And just one question:

Can we keep Fraser Forster please?! This season he has been unstoppable beating his clean sheet record from last year and was a nominee for player of the season. We adore the big man up here, he is a great keeper. I'm sure we will pull out all the stops to get him.

Wouldnt surprise me if you do, he made it clear last summer he didnt want to be no2 and hes not a patch on Krul

I believe after the season he has had up here he could be definitely challenging krul, the English journos up here say he could as well, he has a had a fantastic season and he isn't at his peak yet!

Quite surprised he didn't get an England nod ahead of this guy from Birmingham seeing as he's the starter for Celtic.

Speaks volumes about what the FA think about the standard of the Scottish League...

He's never going to get ahead of Krul so unless someone offers an unbelievable amount and signs him then I'd imagine we'd let Forster's loan become permanent.

I believe after the season he has had up here he could be definitely challenging krul, the English journos up here say he could as well, he has a had a fantastic season and he isn't at his peak yet!

Krul is the same age

one is a top keeper in the SPL and hasnt had international recognition at any age level and ones a top keeper in the Premier League and could well be first choice keeper for the Netherlands at euro 2012 this summer

not a patch

Krul is the same age

one is a top keeper in the SPL and hasnt had international recognition at any age level and ones a top keeper in the Premier League and could well be first choice keeper for the Netherlands at euro 2012 this summer

not a patch

Come on! He's good Fraser Forster but not that good, you really think he will get called up before joe hart and co ? Hahaha. About holland and krul, the place is steckelenbourgs no doubt about it. Most of our other players get international call ups thought but it is in places such as south Korea, honduras, African countries, 2 seasons ago we had Germany's first choice right back in Andreas Hinkel and Hollands first choice left back who played in that world cup final in Edison braafheid, so it is rated by some. Right now we have 2 of swedens back four playing for us.

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

Come on! He's good Fraser Forster but not that good, you really think he will get called up before joe hart and co ? Hahaha. About holland and krul, the place is steckelenbourgs no doubt about it. Most of our other players get international call ups thought but it is in places such as south Korea, honduras, African countries, 2 seasons ago we had Germany's first choice right back in Andreas Hinkel and Hollands first choice left back who played in that world cup final in Edison braafheid, so it is rated by some. Right now we have 2 of swedens back four playing for us.

before Joe Hart? no, before Rob Green? no

as for Stekelenberg, the place is by no means certainly his, Krul has had an awesome season, played every PL game, 15 clean sheets, numerous world class saves and we finished 5th in the PL, Roma were no where near that good this season and neither was Stekelenberg

What do you think of Hooper btw?

A couple of posters on here have made noises about how he'd be a decent signing (I thought he would've been worth a shot when he left Scunthorpe myself). Good player or another Kris Boyd?

What do you think of Hooper btw?

A couple of posters on here have made noises about how he'd be a decent signing (I thought he would've been worth a shot when he left Scunthorpe myself). Good player or another Kris Boyd?

Definitely not mother kris Boyd hahaha, he only scored one old firm goal as well, hahaha, Boyd is a poacher and so is hooper to an extent but hooper has more to his game, he and his strike partner stokes have great assists for each other. Nice one two touches etc. hooper is fast and uses his pace very well, he also has good strength and uses it to block off other defenders for our team to score. Hopper is a clinical finisher though and sweet too 8 times out of ten he would score one on ones and I'm confident when he is through on goal. Scored 5 against hearts in the last day of the season which is not been done here since 1973 when Dixie deans done it. Hooper also likes tracking back into midfield and helping out there but he is only just recently been doing this. Hooper is also a more team player than jelavic is to compare the two.

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

Well as hard as it is to play against Dunfermline 4 times a season i'll not hold my breath on him

Well we play Norwich today in the Adam Dufy friendly, you can get an insight into both hooper and Forster as I'm sure they'll feature but it will be full of our youth players.

Would it be possible to insert some kind of clause that in say 5 years we could get him for a set fee, say 3M?

I hate to let players with potentiall go but i understand we cant give him the games he needs...

Well we play Norwich today in the Adam Dufy friendly, you can get an insight into both hooper and Forster as I'm sure they'll feature but it will be full of our youth players.

No offence intended, but its a friendly. You can't judge a player on a friendly, although old firm fans do tend regularly to disagree with this.

It's a funny one - Stevie was adamant that Jelavic was crap and would be terrible in the premiership but he's looked brilliant. Obviously he should be judged on the full season coming before you can say he's a good player (that's not a dig at you Stevie, i hadn't even heard about Jelavic until Everton signed him so only had your post to go on). Scoring 5 goals in a single game is a rarity and obviously not something to be sniffed at, but then again Afonso Alves did it for Heerenveen in the Dutch League and was utter crap for Boro.

Hooper's still 23 isn't he? I'd be surprised if their weren't a few of the mid table premiership teams watching him. The Boyd comparison was a bit unfair as Hooper had a decent record in the Championship, whereas Boyd looked crap in it.

I'd be tempted to see if we can land him by offering a fee + Forster, given that we're guaranteed to lose the two Dembas in January. If he's not premiership standard then that would be a shame but he'd fit the mould of players we seem to be signing. Wouldn't pay anything upwards of £3m for him if Forster was going the other way though.

Paddock I know it's only a friendly hahaha, it was just for you to get a look at hooper and Forster and get a rough idea of how they are doing.

I don't see us selling hooper for a few years Brock mate, we are financially stable with virtually zero debt so we don't have to sell so I don't see the Forster and cash deal working as Hooper is regarded higher in Celtic than Forster.

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

5 goals for Hooper but 4 assists for the Hearts defence :lol:

Hahaha true. Do t tellme that never happens in the epl though :P

European football next year for the both of us, we are in the champions league qualifying phases through the champions route so an almost cert to get into the group phases. Newcastle are in the europa league yes?

Hahaha true. Do t tellme that never happens in the epl though :P

European football next year for the both of us, we are in the champions league qualifying phases through the champions route so an almost cert to get into the group phases. Newcastle are in the europa league yes?

You're in the thid qualifiying round - which means you need to win two games to get to the group stages!

We are in the last play off - which means we play a match to get into the Europa League group stages.

Forster - £2m + an extra £3m = £5m and the best goalie in the SPL for Hooper.

He'd want to come here, no disrespect but NUFC would be a natural progression for the guy's career. I'd question his ambition if he wants to stay in a one team league just because they play Champions League Group qualifiers every season.

We'd still have a significant transfer kitty to bring in the defenders we're linked with too.