Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

Got to laugh also at those saying they couldn't care about Forster as he was.......3rd choice was it?

I seem to remember a certain goalkeeper who couldn't make it at Celtic going on to be your no.1 for numerous years :picknose:

Player moving to a big league, there's your difference. Forster would be fighting for 2nd choice now, that's why most aren't really that bothered.

A few games in the champions league is worthless when he spends the rest of his time trying to stop Niall McGinn (who?) and Michael Higdon (again?) from scoring past him :lol:

More than a few games, qualifiers, group stages and now the knockout stages as we where good enough to progress

I disagree, the bundesliga has a lot of quality players.

The fact that people don't know the top scorer (or top 3 even) isn't ignorance, just a reflection of a mickey mouse league :lol:

Edit: Just had a look at the scoring chart, make that top 7 in the league, that league ffs! :lol:

It is ignorance though. I'm English and I'm not an Old Firm supporter, so I don't really have an agenda, and I'm not even trying to argue that the SPL is really good, because it's not, but it's certainly not as bad as people like to make out. English people and pundits by and large have no interest in the SPL and don't watch it. That's fair enough, I've got no problem with that. But I do take issue with people who by there own admission don't watch the SPL telling everyone how crap it is.

The fact that you don't know who any of the top scorers are doesn't prove anything except that you aren't interested in Scottish football.

There's your difference?

You do realise that Forster came here and ended up in the big league that the majority of teams in the EPL (and certainly including yours) dream about reaching - and have no chance?

Forster would be fighting for 2nd choice you say? I take it you mean against Tim Krul? The same Tim Krul who developed as a footballer on loan to Scottish side Falkirk?

How does that fit in to your argument after that last fact now?

Yes we send players to a poorer league because they won't get games here. Forster will come back to the EPL as soon as someone shows an interest in him.

People don't know the SPL top scorers because they have little interest in shite players, the same reason they don't follow the Estonian league :unsure2:

Edited by Gejon

Yes we send players to a poorer league because they won't get games here. Forster will come back to the EPL as soon as someone shows an interest in him.

People don't know the SPL top scorers because they have little interest in shite players, the same reason they don't follow the Estonian league :unsure2:

Yes he'll be sold for 25 million making a 23 million profit and pardumplin with egg on his face.

How do you know they're shite though? There are players on that list I rate, and some I don't, but those are opinions formed on watching them play. Michael Higdon I think is a limited but reasonably effective target man, and is a player who would struggle to make an impact at a higher level. Leigh Griffiths on the other hand comfortably has the ability to play in the Premier League, and the only thing stopping him is the fact that he's a total fucknugget.

Ah yes of course.

Although, I think we should have a listen to the views of one of the world's best goalkeepers before forming an opinion based on your dross:

http://www.football-...celtics-forster

Juventus face Celtic in the Champions League and Gigi Buffon is very impressed with goalkeeper Fraser Forster.

“Of course I know about Fraser,” he told the Daily Record newspaper in Scotland.

“I watch all the top young goalkeepers in the world and I’m sure he can become one of them. The top three young goalkeepers in the world for me are Joe Hart, Manuel Neuer and Salvatore Sirigu. It will be one of those three who will go on to be the best in the world.

“But if Forster keeps on playing like he is there is no reason he can’t be close to or even in that group.

“In a goalkeeper I don’t just look for the great saves but for the authority and confidence he shows. As a goalkeeper you can make only one or two mistakes a season if you want to be the best.

“It’s in the big games where you see character because that is where you are most likely to make mistakes. I have seen both games he played against Barcelona now and not only did he make great saves, he looked confident. He didn’t look like a goalkeeper who was going to make a mistake.”

Juventus visit Glasgow on February 12 and play the second leg in Turin on March 6.

“Fraser is about to play in two big games in the last 16 of the Champions League and it is clear to me he has not only the talent but the character for games like this,” continued Buffon.

“He has another two big games to show Europe what he can do and from what I have seen in him I am sure he will show Europe again.”

What do you expect him to say? Seriously?

Your arguments are extremely poor.

Krul picked up valuable experience and ended up your number 1 - fact.

Two of the SPL's highest goalscorers have become formidable players for a team much higher up the table than yours - fact.

How are they poor? Krul was always a quality keeper, he just needed experience so we sent him to a club in a much poorer league to get it?

It wasn't a shock to anyone he became our first choice.

As for the SPL top scorers, it's just another example of players moving on as soon as a decent club comes in for them.

How do you know they're shite though? There are players on that list I rate, and some I don't, but those are opinions formed on watching them play. Michael Higdon I think is a limited but reasonably effective target man, and is a player who would struggle to make an impact at a higher level. Leigh Griffiths on the other hand comfortably has the ability to play in the Premier League, and the only thing stopping him is the fact that he's a total fucknugget.

Call it an educated guess.

Krul was a quality keeper at an early age. We seen that when he played in the UEFA Cup against Palermo aged 17 - when he made a string of impressive saves & kept a clean sheet.

An educated guess would be me seeing Loic Remy play twice, and then saying he'd be a great/terrible signing based on that. Saying playing in the SPL=shit isn't an educated guess, it's condescending and arrogant. Of course there are shite players, but there are also some very good players who I'd be happy to see us take a chance on.

So Krul got sent for experience and ended up number 1. Why would he have been sent to the SPL then if indeed it was as bad as some of you morons suggest? You have just proved yourself wrong.

Ah - so the players can't be that bad if they are getting moves to "decent" clubs - again, you are doing the arguing for me.

Because he needed games, what are you failing to understand here? :lol:

Yes the SPL has the odd decent player now and then. Given it's a league with 12 clubs that's got to be expected. They still move on as soon as they show promise though because it's a shit league.

An educated guess would be me seeing Loic Remy play twice, and then saying he'd be a great/terrible signing based on that. Saying playing in the SPL=shit isn't an educated guess, it's condescending and arrogant. Of course there are shite players, but there are also some very good players who I'd be happy to see us take a chance on.

If they are that promising I am sure they will get their moves soon.

So you're saying he had no option but to say that because it's the truth?

Sol Campbell at his peak said Shola Ameobi was one of the strikers he hated playing against the most.

Just a bit of context for you.

So you're saying he had no option but to say that because it's the truth?

No - incorrect - it's the rheotoric that is expected of Buffon given the question posed. He would have been out of order to say anything else.

Out of interest - and this may help put the conversation into context a question for our Scotch brothers - where would you rank the SPL out of all the european leagues?

Wow - you really are fucking thick aren't you?

Krul was sent to a league where he would get experience at a quality that would help him develop as a footballer - which he did.

You are obviously either very clueless or very arrogant.........or possibly both.

:lol:

I know it must be quite boring playing in a shit league but you really need to get over it. Well done on doing well in the CL by the way, must be a great distraction from the league games :)

If they are that promising I am sure they will get their moves soon.

They probably will, I don't dispute that (apart from maybe Griffiths, despite being the most talented player outside the Old Firm). Aberdeen lost players to Fulham and Wigan in the summer, and Swansea are taking a keen interest in our star winger. I'm just trying to point out that there are talented players up here, and there is good football. Inverness and Kilmarnock (stop laughing) are really good teams to watch, and until our entire midfield got injured at the same time, Aberdeen played some great pass and move football as we play a front 3 of dwarves.

So he was just being polite?

Yes, I'm quite sure a living legend like Gigi Buffon would risk his reputable opinions just to be nice

He generally is quite positive about young players, generally he's quite polite.

Tell me why this would help put it into context?

It would allow us to gather a rounded opinion of where you think your league stands as Scotchmen.

So if England, Germany, Spain & Italy make up the top four - in no order - where would Scotland be?