Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

Putting in outstanding performances in the CL does not make you a Champions league class goalkeeper?

Heard it all now.

Champions league class is a term you've made up. It means nowt. Any player who plays in the CL is 'champions league class' by merit. Carl Cort has featured in the CL - he's champions league class.

In what way.

Are you denying that you let the player go who you THOUGHT was the lesser player?

Nope not denying it, we clearly thought he was the lesser player and have been proven right.

Just because Forster may look good against good opposition the few games he gets to play at that level doesn't mean he is a top keeper. Krul plays quality opposition pretty much every week and looks class.

Fucking bamps man, what the hell is Champions league class? Andy Griffin scored past Juventus, I wouldn't say he was a top full back. Forster played well in a couple of games but as others have pointed out he's let in goals against garbage like st Mirrin. It'd be another story altogether if he was putting in top performances week in week out against sides like Man Utd, Chelsea, spurs. That would put him in a bracket with keepers like Tim Krul.

Comparing us to Wigan and Stoke shows the lack of knowledge this winnet-lipped twat has and isn't even worth discussing.

:lol: It's strange when things are looking rosy on Tyneside these trolls from across the wall scurry out to throw impotent stones our way, and yet disappear when we're doing shit. Have no fear though, because when we're struggling with piss-poor form the mackem bamps appear from the other way to sling their impotent abuse at us instead.

It's the futility of it that cracks me up. Krul is undeniably better than Forster, Newcastle are bigger than sunderland. There's now not a single Celtic player that would get in our team and they would all probably struggle to get on the bench.

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Santon

Tiote

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA ------------------Gouffran

Cisse

It's just weird to suggest otherwise, like us saying Our lot would necessarily get into the Barcelona 1st team. Yes, I'm suggesting the gulf between Barcelona and NUFC 1st teams is comparable to the gulf between NUFC and Celtic 1st teams.

Forster and Hooper would definitely make our bench. Then the rest of the Celtic lot have to get ahead of Anita, Marveaux, S Taylor, Bigiramana and Haidara which I'm not sure they would.

Okay Bigi is still a bit raw but he has performed very well at a lot higher level than Wanyama regularly plays. Izagguire Would probably get ahead of Haidara on experience.

That's still no players in the first 11 and just over half the bench and that's being nice.

That's not to mention players like Perch, Jonas and Shola would walk into their side.

Edited by Gejon

The SPL is a league full of league 1 clubs and one decent Championship side. Not sure why their fans feel they can call others delusional.

I'd argue league one is a better league to be honest - or not far off.

I fail to understand why fans of BPL teams feel they have to under-rate the SPL habitually.

League 1? This is a serious question: do either of you watch Scottish football? Did you not see Liverpool struggle to beat Hearts 1-0 on aggregate earlier this season in the Europa League qualifiers? This is a Hearts team that lost many of its best players over the summer and are languishing in 8th place at the time of writing.

Championship? You have to be kidding... Either you've been living in a cave this season, or you failed to notice we came 2nd in a group with Barcelona, Benfica and Spartak Moscow. We have performed in the Champions League this season time and again, which is the best club competition in the world.

Moreover, we have performed consistently well against English teams over the years. By my count, that's 7 wins, 5 draws and 6 losses (including the 2 losses to Arsenal since that article was written). That is not Championship standard.

On top of that, we work on a shoe-string budget relative to the BPL. Our current squad was put together for the measly sum of £15 million. Think what we could do if we had even half the budget of a BPL team... We certainly wouldn't be a Championship level side if were given a whopping £40 million a year! (soon to be £60 million for you lot...)

Massive chip on their shoulders, bitterness from the fact they will never play in a decent league.

There is no chip, and we're not bitter. We're perfectly happy playing in the SPL, because it means at the very least we're playing in the Champions League, and playing well might I add. I'd rather have the big teams like Juventus and Barcelona come to us once in a while, than over-rated mediocre sides like QPR, Stoke and Fulham week in, week out.

And don't give me that rubbish about how you get "big" teams like Chelsea, Utd, City and Arsenal to play against all the time as well. Chelsea and City couldn't even get out of the group stages of the Champions League this season, which is pathetic given how Chelsea spent 23 times as much on their squad than we did on ours, and City 27 times as much! Arsenal are not half the team they used to be, and the same could be said of Utd. They both had piss easy groups this year and proper European teams would send them both running home with their tail between their legs, any day of the week.

Don't buy into all this Sky propaganda that you have "The Best League In The World" (after all, they do have a conflict of interest right there...). You have fallen giants like Leeds, Forest and Liverpool (to a lesser extent) who have been replaced by teams with no history (City and Chelsea, anyone?) who throw money (courtesy of Sky) at Johnny Foreigner to come prop up the team and earn a trophy or two along the way.

IMHO:

- La Liga has better quality, Real Madrid and Barcelona blow anything your league has to offer out of the water.

- Serie A has more passionate fans, fans who stay through thick and thin, no plastics or prawns for that matter.

- The Bundesliga treats its fans properly, better railway service and cheaper tickets, none of this fleecing the fans malarky.

I fail to understand why fans of BPL teams feel they have to under-rate the SPL habitually.

League 1? This is a serious question: do either of you watch Scottish football? Did you not see Liverpool struggle to beat Hearts 1-0 on aggregate earlier this season in the Europa League qualifiers? This is a Hearts team that lost many of its best players over the summer and are languishing in 8th place at the time of writing.

Championship? You have to be kidding... Either you've been living in a cave this season, or you failed to notice we came 2nd in a group with Barcelona, Benfica and Spartak Moscow. We have performed in the Champions League this season time and again, which is the best club competition in the world.

Moreover, we have performed consistently well against English teams over the years. By my count, that's 7 wins, 5 draws and 6 losses (including the 2 losses to Arsenal since that article was written). That is not Championship standard.

On top of that, we work on a shoe-string budget relative to the BPL. Our current squad was put together for the measly sum of £15 million. Think what we could do if we had even half the budget of a BPL team... We certainly wouldn't be a Championship level side if were given a whopping £40 million a year! (soon to be £60 million for you lot...)

There is no chip, and we're not bitter. We're perfectly happy playing in the SPL, because it means at the very least we're playing in the Champions League, and playing well might I add. I'd rather have the big teams like Juventus and Barcelona come to us once in a while, than over-rated mediocre sides like QPR, Stoke and Fulham week in, week out.

And don't give me that rubbish about how you get "big" teams like Chelsea, Utd, City and Arsenal to play against all the time as well. Chelsea and City couldn't even get out of the group stages of the Champions League this season, which is pathetic given how Chelsea spent 23 times as much on their squad than we did on ours, and City 27 times as much! Arsenal are not half the team they used to be, and the same could be said of Utd. They both had piss easy groups this year and proper European teams would send them both running home with their tail between their legs, any day of the week.

Don't buy into all this Sky propaganda that you have "The Best League In The World" (after all, they do have a conflict of interest right there...). You have fallen giants like Leeds, Forest and Liverpool (to a lesser extent) who have been replaced by teams with no history (City and Chelsea, anyone?) who throw money (courtesy of Sky) at Johnny Foreigner to come prop up the team and earn a trophy or two along the way.

IMHO:

- La Liga has better quality, Real Madrid and Barcelona blow anything your league has to offer out of the water.

- Serie A has more passionate fans, fans who stay through thick and thin, no plastics or prawns for that matter.

- The Bundesliga treats its fans properly, better railway service and cheaper tickets, none of this fleecing the fans malarky.

Our league is either the best or the second best in the world. Spain probably slightly ahead at the moment but there's not much in it when you look at the teams that have made up the latter stages of the champions league in the last decade.

Italian football is often played out in front half empty decrepit old stadiums populated by neo nazi ultras. And the standard is nowhere near what it was 20 years ago.

The Bundesliga is run in the right way but you can't compare the quality there to La Liga or the PL.

The French and Dutch leagues make up the also rans. Some good players it not a lot of money, comparatively, and most of the top players quickly depart for England or Spain.

I look at the Scottish primer league and I just feel a bit sad. What happened? I grew up in the 80s when Scotland produced players with flair that made up half of the dominant Liverpool team. Now; well it's just a bit pathetic isn't it? What do you out its demise and the complete dearth of talented Scottish footballers down to?

You clearly need to research your serie a. Clueless. As for the rest of it... tripe.

Scathing attack on your league and decide to pick up on my knowledge of Serie A? Well guess what? I lived in Italy for a year, so I'm probably more entitled to talk about their first division than you are.

Tripe? The only thing that's tripe here is your ability to add to the discussion constructively.

Yeah the SPL isn't a Mickey Mouse league where the best players go to Championship clubs and Championship Clubs rejects end up in the SPL.

Given you are by far and away the best team in the league tell me how many players would get into our side that currently sits in 15th place in the Premiership?

You might have had a decent cup run, these things happen but don't kid yourself that any of your players would get near the clubs you have put in impressive performances against.

I'm typing from a tablet....

When things get tough in Italy the fans don't turn up and even when they do it's generally not in great numbers. Milan last night got 35k....they got 50,000 more than that when they won the league in 2011. They started this year with 22 thousand season ticket holders...

Scathing attack on your league and decide to pick up on my knowledge of Serie A? Well guess what? I lived in Italy for a year, so I'm probably more entitled to talk about their first division than you are.

Tripe? The only thing that's tripe here is your ability to add to the discussion constructively.

While I wouldn't seek to argue that the EPL is a world leader in quality, it surely must be considered more entertaining than the others mentioned; as evidenced by it's larger international appeal.

Edited by Rayvin

You might have had a decent cup run, these things happen but don't kid yourself that any of your players would get near the clubs you have put in impressive performances against.

Aye by that logic Bradford City are Premiership quality.

These fuckers weren't on here crowing last season when all Scottish sides failed to get beyond Christmas in European football. Which is a lot more common than one of of them reaching the knock out stages of the champions league by a long,long way. This season is a pleasant abberation for Celtic, fair play to them. It does show these pathetically small time morons on here in a particularly poor light though. Fuck me, I can't beleive some of the utter bollocks they've posted :lol: