Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

If 4-1 is not a doing, what is?

Fair point.

Aberdeen lost 2-0 away to Real Sociedad last night. Once they settled into the game after about 20 minutes the Dons were pretty badly overmatched, which was no real surprise.

"Celtic have been fighting for many years with the best teams in Europe," said Norwegian Deila.

"It is stupid the Scottish coefficient is not regarded as good enough."

"That's wrong because you have to take into consideration the club, not the country.

"We need the biggest clubs in the Champions League, who have deserved it.

I for one feel cheated that we aren't going to have one of the 'biggest' clubs in the Champions League.

While Deila may have a point that Celtic shouldn't have to go through 3 qualifying rounds, a team that loses 6-1 on aggregate to Legia Warsaw can have no complaints that they are not among the 32 teams in the group stage.

The last time Celtic were one of the biggest clubs in Europe was when they won the Champions Cup and you weren't probably even born then.

:lol::woosh:

I love how the technicality isn't actually that they would automatically go through as a result of the judgement - it's that they would be awarded a 3-0 victory for the second leg, which would mean they go through on away goals :lol: I can't imagine how awful I'd feel about that as a fan of LW.

I actually think they'd be more embarrassed than anything else, by going through after being this poor.

Aberdeen predictably knocked out by Real Sociedad. Lost 3-2 at home for a 5-2 aggregate. Was more amazed we were 2-1 up tonight to be honest! Conceded two late goals after really going for it.

Proud of them for not embarrassing themselves against vastly superior opposition.

I know :lol:

It's got to be about money really. However I do think rules should be consistent - if Warsaw are penalised with a 3-0 defeat for fielding an ineligible player - why weren't Sunderland for fielding Ji-Dong Won?

I appreciate it's two different governing bodies but there needs to be some consistency.

Unbelievable. :lol: (and it isn't the first it's happened, is it?) To be fair to UEFA, they must have been under enormous pressure from the likes of Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc to allow Celtic back in order to benefit from a potential money spinning tie with the Scottish giants.

Surely some common sense should prevail. He played 3 minutes. Surely a big fine and slap on the wrist would have be sufficient.

The amount of money Legia are going to lose for this will be massive. Someone will be getting their P45.

I know :lol:

It's got to be about money really. However I do think rules should be consistent - if Warsaw are penalised with a 3-0 defeat for fielding an ineligible player - why weren't Sunderland for fielding Ji-Dong Won?

I appreciate it's two different governing bodies but there needs to be some consistency.

They aren't even consistent with their own rulings.

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".

They aren't even consistent with their own rulings.

Fucking hell.

So basically Warsaw won the football and Celtic won the 'brand'.