Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

The same idiotic response.

You honestly think Buffon would say that Forster could become the best only for him to fail out of being nice?

Yes - deluded and arrogant is a perfect way to describe the attitude of yourself.

What difference does it make what Buffon said? Forster will be playing for a better team long before he fulfilled this apparent potential anyway.

I'm more of a brandy man myself.

The SPL would struggle to make the top 10.

Exactly - I would put Portugal, Holland, France, Russia, Turkey & Ukraine ahead of it for a start.

So whilst Celtic compete in Europe & have a decent ground & a large support it's fairly meaningless when they play in such a poor league.

People can't really take them too seriously.

Out of interest - and this may help put the conversation into context a question for our Scotch brothers - where would you rank the SPL out of all the european leagues?

I couldn't say because I don't watch enough of smaller leagues, but Scotland should be comparing themselves to the Scandanavian countries, Austria and Switzerland. Basically the tier below the Dutch and Portuguese leagues, of countries with comparable populations. Scotland certainly does well in terms of attendances relatively speaking, and I think I'm right in saying that per-head of population Ross County are comfortably the best supported club in Britain.

In terms of European competition, obviously the wee teams struggle a lot, but Hearts did well against Liverpool this year, and it wasn't that long ago that Aberdeen made it past Christmas in the UEFA Cup.

Edited by toon_don

:lol: Fucking hell. Why do they always bother us? Beating Barca in one off games proves fuck all man, Bradford have beaten a few prem teams this year it in no way means they'd be able to play week in week out at that level. Forster is a canny keeper but he was always going to be number 2 for us so to the original question no I'm not upset we lost our back up goalie.

I couldn't say because I don't watch enough of smaller leagues, but Scotland should be comparing themselves to the Scandanavian countries, Austria and Switzerland. Basically the tier below the Dutch and Portuguese leagues, of countries with comparable populations. Scotland certainly does well in terms of attendances relatively speaking, and I think I'm right in saying that per-head of population Ross County are comfortably the best supported club in Britain.

In terms of European competition, obviously the wee teams struggle a lot, but Hearts did well against Liverpool this year, and it wasn't that long ago that Aberdeen made it past Christmas in the UEFA Cup.

Fair play.

That's decent from Ross County - 2500 average from about 80'000 people.

That's decent from Ross County - 2500 average from about 80'000 people.

Did you google Ross County population? Because the place that comes up is in America. Ross County play in the town of Dingwall, which has a population of about 5,000.

Celtic have achieved more in their history than your club ever will and many other English clubs

In the SPL! Of course they've 'achieved' more. Look at the calibre of their competition, woeful. Celtic's only real challenger is now playing in the third division and might even have to stay there even if they win that league.

That says absolutely nothing. Are you on the wind-up?

Got to love a Celtic fan, telling Newcastle fans, that they don't appreciate German football. :lol:

Fucking hell, I can't wait for their independence. :lol:

They're more irritating than scousers generally. At least Liverpool are a genuinely big club. Fans of "big clubs" never tell people they support a "big club", they don't need to, yet Rangers and Celtic fans do. "Big club" haha they'd never averaged over 40,000 till the 1997 man in their entire history, we were setting world records in the 40s and 50s nearly 60,000 every week. It's difficult to say anything about either of them without being disrespectful, but without doubt the most deluded supporters on earth, they have no grasp of how insignificant they are. It's a shame because I like people from Glasgow, they're a bit like geordies, working class funny down to earth cunts.

Edited by McFaul

Did you google Ross County population? Because the place that comes up is in America. Ross County play in the town of Dingwall, which has a population of about 5,000.

Aye I did.

Fucking hell :lol:

Got to love the arrogance from some of you Newcastle supporters....really do.

I think Alex Ferguson described your club to a T, when he said you were the "wee club in the North East"

...and then came back with the line "Newcastle would be a world giant if their achievements matched the support the club has received down the years."

We know what we are and we know who you are, without sounding like Robert de Niro in Goodfellas.

Can't take them too seriously? Celtic have achieved more in their history than your club ever will and many other English clubs.

I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond - getting to play in Europe more than never, than being a small team with a big support with EPL money and no standards.

And that "decent" ground is a decent ground where the greats of the game say is the best ground they have played in, or wish they could play in.

You carry on in your small pond then.

Small team who finished 5th last year & finished above the Champions League winners?

Right oh.

I don't regard any trophy won in Scotland as a major one by the way - especially not by Celtic & Rangers - any other team actually - I can respect it.

The arrogane of OUR support is insane? Take it you were on the beverages last night?

We are both as bad as each other - do you have any valid points to back that up, except for a wikipedia link?

We may be a big fish in a little pond, but Newcastle are a tiny fish in an ocean.

Let's be honest here - you amount to nothing each season. Your club is a shambles with shambolic owners. Your manager is a disaster and the only decent coverage you get is of your vastly overweight supporters going topless during the winter (yes, I found it very ironic a few of the posters previously who tried to take the moral high code when it came to the health and physical appearance of us up in Scotland).

:lol:

You're a mickey mouse club mate. Who the fuck do you think you are coming on here saying that? You've won one meaningful trophy in your history.

Aye I did.

Fucking hell :lol:

Got a couple of mates from up there and they said the place was completely empty when they made it to the Scottish Cup final a few years ago. Even some of the local firemen got in trouble for skiving off to watch the game. :lol:

They're more irritating than scousers generally. At least Liverpool are a genuinely big club. Fans of "big clubs" never tell people they support a "big club", they don't need to, yet Rangers and Celtic fans do. "Big club" haha they'd never averaged over 40,000 till the 1997 man in their entire history, we were setting world records in the 40s and 50s nearly 60,000 every week. It's difficult to say anything about either of them without being disrespectful, but without doubt the most deluded supporters on earth, they have no grasp of how insignificant they are. It's a shame because I like people from Glasgow, they're a bit like geordies, working class funny down to earth cunts.

Your joking, us scots got up to 100,000 every week in the 40's and 50's and 60's and 70's. even more in cup games.

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

Got a couple of mates from up there and they said the place was completely empty when they made it to the Scottish Cup final a few years ago. Even some of the local firemen got in trouble for skiving off to watch the game. :lol:

Class! :icon_lol:

That's proper football.

If that was Liverpool there would have been some robbing!

Got to laugh also at those saying they couldn't care about Forster as he was.......3rd choice was it?

I seem to remember a certain goalkeeper who couldn't make it at Celtic going on to be your no.1 for numerous years :picknose:

Aye Shay Given wasn't good enough for a club like Celtic.

They're nearly all like this you know. Even the ones not on drugs, they believe in their importance, when it's hard to imagine a more insignificant entity.

Erm, didn't you lot get relegated a few years back?

And where are you this season?

That 5th place spot sounds very much like a one-hit wonder season.

Relegated to a stronger league than the SPL. more teams, more money, bigger crowds = better league.

Then we won that league.

Again - yet another posting without any actual knowledge.

If you lot have no actual factual arguments to make, i'd suggest not as you are making yourselves look like complete fools.

Your joking, us scots got up to 100,000 every week in the 40's and 50's and 60's and 70's. even more in cup games.

To be fair reading your posts it's pretty clear that you haven't got a clue, but it must be even more embarrassing for you that you don't know anything about your clubs history.

The link I am about to post proves you're mugs. http://www.fitbastats.com/celtic/club_records_league_attendance.php Why does a Newcastle fan like me know more about your club than you. There can't be a club in football with more myths about them than Celtic, big support is a relatively new thing for you. As I said you'd never averaged over 40,000 in your history till about 15 years ago, don't compare yourselves to our support historically. You will look pretty fucking stupid.

While I'm on what sort of sad cunt signs up to another clubs forum to belittle a club? Anyway is the offie not open in the gorbels yet?

Aye Shay Given wasn't good enough for a club like Celtic.

They're nearly all like this you know. Even the ones not on drugs, they believe in their importance, when it's hard to imagine a more insignificant entity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha!

There's more money in England because there's more interest in England - we didn't steal it or put batter round it and eat it.

It's a self generated world wide interest - we are part of that - deal with it.

Scotland is going to go the other way - less money, less interest because without Rangers you're knacked.