Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

They're more irritating than scousers generally. At least Liverpool are a genuinely big club. Fans of "big clubs" never tell people they support a "big club", they don't need to, yet Rangers and Celtic fans do. "Big club" haha they'd never averaged over 40,000 till the 1997 man in their entire history, we were setting world records in the 40s and 50s nearly 60,000 every week. It's difficult to say anything about either of them without being disrespectful, but without doubt the most deluded supporters on earth, they have no grasp of how insignificant they are. It's a shame because I like people from Glasgow, they're a bit like geordies, working class funny down to earth cunts.

Swear Rangers being out of that league might be the death knell. Will UEFA still give them as many European spots? No Europe-> No extra tv money + no decent players looking to get noticed by big clubs, poorer standard of players throughout the league = no tv money. and so on and so forth.

Also, toondon, They may play some watchable football in Inverness, but that's a rarity rather the norm over the border, isn't it. On the whole, speaking generally, Scottish football is a fucking atrocity.

Never been used to a big support? Don't make us laugh lads.

The simple truth is you are a nothing club. Wannabees.

What have you achieved of any significance? When was the last time you won your league?

Enjoy obscurity.

Why do you bang on about winning the league when you play in the SPL?

It's like Jimmy Saville bragging about how many people he has slept with.

Swear Rangers being out of that league might be the death knell. Will UEFA still give them as many European spots? No Europe-> No extra tv money + no decent players looking to get noticed by big clubs, poorer standard of players throughout the league = no tv money. and so on and so forth.

Also, toondon, They may play some watchable football in Inverness, but that's a rarity rather the norm over the border, isn't it. On the whole, speaking generally, Scottish football is a fucking atrocity.

Aye.

The one thing you can say about Celtic though, giving them some credit, there's not a club on earth has punched above their weight more than them. It's absolutely staggering that they beat Barcelona, and their achievement of getting to the UEFA Cup Final in 2003, was amazing when you look at the size of the clubs they were playing, differentiations in finance, and the poor league they're in which can't aide their European performances. Barcelona are probably the best team in history, and Celtic beat them, you can't take that away from them.

I'd say the same about watching EPL football.

Can't actually remember the last time I seen a proper "Super" Sunday.

If the EPL is so shite then why exactly are the TV right worth £5 billion over three years compared to the SPL's £16 million per season deal?

If the EPL is so shite then why exactly are the TV right worth £5 billion over three years compared to the SPL's £16 million per season deal?

To put this into context - over three seasons - the Football League rights in England are worth £195m.

I won't deny there is a lot of absolute shite as well, but I think it's worth digging up a post a put on another thread from a while back as well:

I've got a theory that a lot of the perception of the SPL is based on the TV coverage (I know that seems like stating the blindingly obvious, but hear me out). Televised SPL games are often played at ridiculous times in front of crap crowds (because it's on tv) and no atmosphere. This all makes the game seem much worse than it actually is. I was at a game between Aberdeen and Hearts a couple of seasons ago, and it was great. Aberdeen played quick, free flowing attacking football, and Hearts looked to hit them on the break at every opportunity. The standard of play from both sides was really good. My brother was watching it on Sky at home, and he thought it was a load of shite. It was a 12 noon Sunday kickoff, the stadium was less than half full, and the pitch looked like a Christmas pudding. I think that is a lot of the reason why people think the SPL is so rubbish. I'm not saying it's great mind, but it's not completely terrible either.

When did I say the EPL was shite?

I'd say the same about watching EPL football.

Can't actually remember the last time I seen a proper "Super" Sunday.

I'd say the same about Newcastle - although I feel slightly bad about having a pop because I know a few lads that come up for the Celtic games (who are Newcastle supporters) and they are good lads.

Also met some right good Newcastle supporters over the years - the rest of ye though seem like proper arseholes.

Yee seem like a good kid yourself, I have to be fair.

One of our biggest attendences against the unwashed is 83,500 at Celtic park, not posted on yer daft website.

I never said it was Celtic getting the up to 100,000 attendences, I said it was us Scots as a whole. Different teams, not just us.

One of our biggest attendences against the unwashed is 83,500 at Celtic park, not posted on yer daft website.

I never said it was Celtic getting the up to 100,000 attendences, I said it was us Scots as a whole. Different teams, not just us.

Celtic got 149,000 for the Semi with Leeds, the biggest crowd in European history for technically a home game, even though it was at Hampden Park. Aside from that though HISTORICALLY your support is far inferior to Newcastle United's, generally speaking over 100 years of football. That's all my point was and is. Also that game you're on about IS on that daft website. Look at 1938.

Edited by McFaul

Celtic got 149,000 for the Semi with Leeds, the biggest crowd in European history for technically a home game, even though it was at Hampden Park. Aside from that though HISTORICALLY your support is far inferior to Newcastle United's, generally speaking over 100 years of football. That's all my point was and is.

The attendances may be, once city one club but the clubs actual history however...

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

Celtic got 149,000 for the Semi with Leeds, the biggest crowd in European history for technically a home game, even though it was at Hampden Park. Aside from that though HISTORICALLY your support is far inferior to Newcastle United's, generally speaking over 100 years of football. That's all my point was and is.

My uncle went to great britian vs the world at Hampden park in 1947 - a post war game to generate funds and there was a similar crowd there. Mental.

I'm not sure what the biggest wembey final was - they tend to cap them at 100k for whatever reason.

I won't deny there is a lot of absolute shite as well, but I think it's worth digging up a post a put on another thread from a while back as well:

Is that not just more to do with the differences in watching a game live and seeing it on tv? Watching live inflates the quality, watching on tv deflates it.

I used to live with a Rangers fan and he would bang on (much as these cunts are) about the quality of the Scottish leagues and how there are good players to be found in there and so on and so forth. So I sat and watched some games with him and they were, on the whole, fucking terrible. Even he admitted they were shit.

You look for positives, especially when the rest of your life is grey miasma

;)