Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

Fair enough, he did score against Germany in the summer though, just for some perspective

You lot love your 'odd game makes us/him good' thing don't you? :lol:

He's shit and a premier league failure.

Hooper is a Premier League player imo, although he'd be our 2nd choice striker and we wouldn't spend the money it would take to get him for a back-up. Not convinced by Mulgrew though, I'm not sure how well he'd do in a team that didn't regularly dominate possession.

At other clubs, Griffiths at Hibs, MacKay-Steven at Dundee United and Fraser at Aberdeen all have the potential to play at the highest level I think. I'd be all for taking a chance on Griffiths if he wasn't the Scottish Nile Ranger.

I'm not sure about Hooper, but he had a great game against us when we were in the Championship to be fair. I think Mulgrew has a brilliant left foot, but not too sure about him in open play. I'm not being deluded here when I say though, that Debuchy is one of the best three right backs in Europe. £6m is an absolute steal imo.

You lot love your 'odd game makes us/him good' thing don't you? :lol:

He's shit and a premier league failure.

Sorry for judging a striker on goals he has scored, how silly of me. Charlie Adam was an spl reject and he was bought for stupid money

Sorry for judging a striker on goals he has scored, how silly of me. Charlie Adam was an spl reject and he was bought for stupid money

As others have pointed out, poor players have scored against good teams before. It doesn't make them good.

Afonso Alves scored a fuck load in Holland.

I'm not sure about Hooper, but he had a great game against us when we were in the Championship to be fair. I think Mulgrew has a brilliant left foot, but not too sure about him in open play. I'm not being deluded here when I say though, that Debuchy is one of the best three right backs in Europe. £6m is an absolute steal imo.

From what I saw in the Euros we've done brilliantly to get Debuchy, a tremendous player.

Mulgrew looks really good for Celtic, because they always have possession and he can stride forward like he's Beckenbauer or something. I'd need to see more of him in the CL or for Scotland to see if he can do it when the roles are reversed. He was at Aberdeen for a couple of seasons, but was a full-back with us (and a mediocre one).

Hooper I really do think is the real deal though, and I think you'd get more out of him playing against better opposition every week. Even taking into account the league he's in, he's a brilliant finisher.

As others have pointed out, poor players have scored against good teams before. It doesn't make them good.

First our players are shite because they play against pub teams every week, I point out performances against good European opposition and they are apparently meaningless.

Also not sure why you are brining up SPL 'rejects' that wouldn't move back to that league now until they were completely past it.

First our players are shite because they play against pub teams every week, I point out performances against good European opposition and they are apparently meaningless.

So Samaras is a good forward and he wasn't shit in England?

The point, my hard-of-thinking chum, is that to be considered good, you must be consistently good.

Stokes has been very consistent

:lol:

In a piss poor league where the standard of opposition is so poor I'd fancy Nile Ranger to bang in a few.

Arsenal owned Stokes at one point, he went to Hibs on loan and scored something like 20 in 20 games. Something radge like that. That prompted the mackems to sign him for £3m, and he didn't score one goal in about 40 games. He's absolutely shite.

He doesn't play forward for us. He is a left winger, he doesn't score goals, he is a good runner and gets into positions and make chances.

He could play the viola in your string quartet, he's still a shit footballer that only seems good because the journeymen he comes up against are pony

He could play the viola in your string quartet, he's still a shit footballer that only seems good because the journeymen he comes up against are pony

5 goals in Champions league this season, more than your players have.

So no celtic player by definition can be decent because they play in the spl, and European performances are meaningless, I think I get it now.

Nope, people have recognised you have a couple of good players but Stokes and Samaras certaintly aren't.

5 goals in Champions league this season, more than your players have.

:lol:

Shola Ameobi has 14 goals in Europe.

Edited by The Fish