Sign in to follow this  
AgentAxeman

Firefox 5

No I'm not risking it, I had trouble with the previous one! Now I'm using the FF edition that Craig recommended...(can't remember the number ffs :lol:) And its brilliant, our PC is running much smoother.

Edited by Toonraider

No I'm not risking it, I had trouble with the previous one! Now I'm using the FF edition that Craig recommended...(can't remember the number ffs :lol:) And its brilliant, our PC is running much smoother.

I've gone to v5 and AA is right - it pisses all over v4.

Little tip - Mozilla are absolutely dogshit at compiling upgrade packages. Best way to upgrade to the latest version is to completely remove the previous one:

1. Backup you bookmarks - go to Bookmarks > Show All Backups > Import & Backup > Backup - should save the file locally as a *.json file

2. Uninstall current Firefox version using 'Add & Remove Programs'

3. Click 'Start' & 'Run' and in the dialog box type '%userprofile%\Application Data' and click OK. In the explorer window that appears, highlight the Mozilla folder and delete it.

4. Click 'Start' & 'Run' and in the dialog box type '%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data' and click OK. In the explorer window that appears, highlight the Mozilla folder and delete it.

5. Install the new version of Firefox

6. Import your bookmarks - go to Bookmarks > Show All Backups > Import & Backup > Restore - find the *.json file you saved previously

Job done :icon_lol:

No I'm not risking it, I had trouble with the previous one! Now I'm using the FF edition that Craig recommended...(can't remember the number ffs :icon_lol:) And its brilliant, our PC is running much smoother.

Little tip - Mozilla are absolutely dogshit at compiling upgrade packages. Best way to upgrade to the latest version is to completely remove the previous one:

1. Backup you bookmarks - go to Bookmarks > Show All Backups > Import & Backup > Backup - should save the file locally as a *.json file

3. Click 'Start' & 'Run' and in the dialog box type '%userprofile%\Application Data' and click OK. In the explorer window that appears, highlight the Mozilla folder and delete it.

4. Click 'Start' & 'Run' and in the dialog box type '%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data' and click OK. In the explorer window that appears, highlight the Mozilla folder and delete it.

6. Import your bookmarks - go to Bookmarks > Show All Backups > Import & Backup > Restore - find the *.json file you saved previously

Waits for son to come home later, shows him this thread........Job Done :lol:

I think we're happy with this version though! If it ain't broke......

This method doesn't copy across passwords...does it :icon_lol:

This method doesn't copy across passwords...does it :icon_lol:

Nope but you could keep a copy of the profile folder ans paste that back in after you clean it all out above

Job done :huh:

I'm installing it now without doing any of the above. If these dickheads can't work out how to do a basic upgrade, and it causes their software to run shit, then they don't deserve to get me switching from Chrome. :lol:

I recently jumped to Chrome and I'm not going back :lol:

Quoted for truth.

Re-imaged my mum's laptop a couple of months back and set her up with chrome as the default browser and she is working fine.

That's just a note for the older posters who seem to have trouble moving forward. :lol:

Quoted for truth.

Re-imaged my mum's laptop a couple of months back and set her up with chrome as the default browser and she is working fine.

That's just a note for the older posters who seem to have trouble moving forward. :lol:

Quoted for truth.

The 'she' in the above - you referring to your mother or the laptop ?

VLJLN.jpg

I recently jumped to Chrome and I'm not going back :huff:

Quoted for truth.

Cheeky git :lol:

Though you're the one who's repeating yourself :huh:

Safari> Any other browser i've ever used. It's so quick and get's the job done with no gimmicks.

Anyone that likes facebook/twitter though, I suggest rockmelt.