Glastonbury

LoveTheBobby

btw, the wu tang clan highlights are on the beeb's glastonbury site for anyone interested. well worth a watch.

Them or the Chemical bros were my favourite I think. Not seen everything like.

Chemicals are always excellent but the Wu Tang were berating the crowd half way in for not understanding what they were watching and then dragged them along in the end.

;) Mint. Crazy ass white fools.

• 4 years later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ewcj5v/acts/a8mqwh#p03zknsp

Mr Blue Sky

Shits on whatever this is that Eavis is doing with Coldplay. Never seen such indulgent bilge.

ELO were tight as fuck :lol:

The highlight for me, unsurprisingly, was the sexy soloist on Its A Living Thing, being all aloof, talented and with legs.

I'm sure Jeff Lynne put her in the band purely for her exceptional staccato skills.

ArQzjRd.jpg

YvWC6gQ.jpg

Not seen much of this but saw some of Adele. She was fucking this, and fucking that then gets a nipper on stage :lol: Will have a watch of Coldplays set later. Realised that their Yellow song is 16 years old man!

Adele - singing voice of an Angel, speaking voice of a south London chav.

I quite like the odd tune of hers but it's background music for reading the Sunday papers to - her brand of mournful power ballads isn't exactly what you want from your Saturday night headliner when you're off your tits is it?

As an artist, she's dull as fuck.

Read a preview (can't remember where) that was talking about her musical evolution on this current album as you could hear "blues music" coming through. It's taken her 3 albums to get one of the fundamental building blocks of half-decent pop music. And then you hear the single and it's her shouting over bland as fuck piano playing with a soulless backing band and shit lyrics. What a load of shite.

• 6 years later...

I know Tony Hadley, I mean Alex Turmer has laryngitis but what the fuck is this shit? Even Mardy Bum sounds like it's on 33 rather than 45. What a pile of shite. [\grumpyoldman].

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

I know Tony Hadley, I mean Alex Turmer has laryngitis but what the fuck is this shit? Even Mardy Bum sounds like it's on 33 rather than 45. What a pile of shite. [\grumpyoldman].

So affected these days. I blame the money and coke 

Fucking hell, just had a read of the Guardian Gladstonbury live blog, it's a bit of a retirement home. Arctic Monkeys, Sparks with Cate Blanchett dancing on stage for them, Foo Fighters.

Sounds like you have to be older than Elvis when he slid of this mortal coil to make the main stage.

Edited by sammynb

25 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Fucking hell, just had a read of the Guardian Gladstonbury live blog, it's a bit of a retirement home. Arctic Monkeys, Sparks with Cate Blanchett dancing on stage for them, Foo Fighters.

Sounds like you have to be older than Elvis when he slid of this mortal coil to make the main stage.

Add to that list, Blondie, The Pretenders, Edith/Elton John, Cat Stevens/ Yusuf Islam, Candi Statton, Gilbert O’fucking Sullivan!, Toyah Wilcox’s tits, and Rickie Lee One-Hit Jones. 

Saga were flogging coach trips to the Pyramid Stage. 

• Haha 5

The line-up is pretty grim this year, like. Some canny enough stuff dotted around but it really does feel like they haven’t got a clue who to get or are willing to pay to fly over, from rock/indie/punk circles these days. You’d think they’d at least try and represent grime and drill artists too unless that ship has sailed. Especially the headliners, that’s a rapidly dwindling pool when you consider it’s Guns N Roses and Elton John who are both finished and an Arctic Monkeys who haven’t wrote anything suitable for a festival in about 10 years but that’s what everyone wants to hear so you end up with them going through the motions of a greatest hits set. And you know it’ll be the fucking Foo Fighters next year :lol: 

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Haha 1

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than go to Glasto mind.

£340 to watch a bunch of has been's and never were's, in a field full of Harriet's, off their tits and taking selfies.

Im off to see Maiden next week with a bunch of old men with ponytails instead 🤘

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, strawb said:

Can you look for a specific band on iPlayer? My mates band was playing yesterday but I can’t seem to find them on there

They’ve got live streams of 5 (?) of the stages but not the acoustic or Avalon tents. You’d think they’d all be up after the fact but knowing their usual coverage though, they’ll only upload half of the sets they live streamed

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

34 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than go to Glasto mind.

£340 to watch a bunch of has been's and never were's, in a field full of Harriet's, off their tits and taking selfies.

Im off to see Maiden next week with a bunch of old men with ponytails instead 🤘

The Young And The Restless Love GIF by CBS

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They’ve got live streams of 5 (?) of the stages but not the acoustic or Avalon tents. You’d think they’d all be up after the fact but knowing their usual coverage though, they’ll only upload half of the sets they live streamed

They were playing Billy Braggs stage at half 7 yesterday but it doesn’t seem to have any cameras on it apparently. 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

in a field full of Harriet's, off their tits and taking selfies.

This actually appeals to my 20 year old self. Nowt else does though, you're right.