Drug users

McFaul

What would you describe yourself as out of these  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

talking to some mates we were remembering the 80's when everyone went out and had 2-3 pints every lunchtime before going back to the office

You'd be run off straight away these days

I remember adults always seeming to have a lunchtime finish on a Friday and out all day and night when I was a bairn.

Reminds me of this song a bit, well no not really just an excuse to post it cos I love it so much.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life would be a barrell of laughs if you ruled the world, j69.

If you need drink and drugs to enjoy yourself I imagine you aren't all that fun yourself.

Is it really that much of an alien concept to people to go out and have fun without being off your rocker?

You miss the point again tbh. People do stuff that they enjoy, that's why they do it. And fwiw, it's the piety that people find incredibly tedious.

Edited by alex

talking to some mates we were remembering the 80's when everyone went out and had 2-3 pints every lunchtime before going back to the office

I remember adults always seeming to have a lunchtime finish on a Friday and out all day and night when I was a bairn.

Reminds me of this song a bit, well no not really just an excuse to post it cos I love it so much.

I cant open that link, but is that the song from the Sid the sexist Cartoon? The one in the nightclub when he's using his lines on various women? :o

I cant open that link, but is that the song from the Sid the sexist Cartoon? The one in the nightclub when he's using his lines on various women? :o

Nar it's from 1980, the lyrics are amazing, it's nowt to dee with The Viz. The opening lyrics are "ah nearly hoyed mesel off the Byker Waal, when ah seen wor lass wi a puff from Darrissss Haaal..." and it gets better from there.

Rare occasion I've had a lunchtime pint I'm shot to shit for the afternoon stint.

If working in an office a pint has the effect of warping time with an hour turning into '90 minutes of sheer hell'

Life would be a barrell of laughs if you ruled the world, j69.

If you need drink and drugs to enjoy yourself I imagine you aren't all that fun yourself.

Is it really that much of an alien concept to people to go out and have fun without being off your rocker?

of course it's possible to go out and enjoy yourself sobre. it's also possible to go out and enjoyself under the influence of whatever your poison happens to be, and do no harm to yourself or anyone around you.

the minority that fuck themselves or others up are morons. the majority of people that take drugs aren't addicts. just as the majority of people that drink aren't alcoholics. i've smoked and been around people that smoked since i was 13. yet to see anyobdy have any sort of mental ilness because of it.

each to their own like. but a holier than though line is kind of annoying.

I go out on the occasional Friday as part of a crowd which an ex-colleague of mine belongs to - all old-ish IT workers in various banks. The turnout varies as it's rare that everyone comes out but there are 3 or 4 of them who go out just about every day. It's not even the "professionalism" angle that gets me - I just don't know how they do it from a health pov.

I could make a steady living off some of the posters on here, can one of the mods set a part of the forum up for me and call it the toilets or back room please.

J69 to bite

Cheers.

Edited by Jusoda Kid

Its the Byker Wall being built and iirc thats the street behind Raby street, Raby Way. I added the Nigerian walking the Hyena as thats what its like down there now.

:o

It's like that in Walker as well. There'd never been one ethnic minority in me uncles street till about 10 years ago, now it's the indigenous Walkerheads who are outnumbered. 20 years time the PTE and the Buffs will be the same.

I could make a steady living off some of the posters on here, can one of the mods set a part of the forum up for me and call it the toilets or back room please.

J69 to bite

Cheers.

Tell me about it, I could make a killing through the aforementioned junkies on here.

(Inbox) :o

Seems strange though J69. you say that people must be sad if they "need" to drink to have a good laugh and they must be boring without it, because you don't drink and have good chat.. yet I've never seen evidence of that on here :o

You've got to stop this mindset that we drinkers "need" a drink to have a good time. We drink because we enjoy it, not because we need to. We've all been out and had a good time sober and we've all had a good time after a drink. I'm not sure what you're not getting.

J69 might even like 4 or 5 pints before the match if he tried it, or he might actually enjoy an occasional cowie, or bucket etc... people shouldn't preach till they've tried it.

J69 might even like 4 or 5 pints before the match if he tried it, or he might actually enjoy an occasional cowie, or bucket etc... people shouldn't preach till they've tried it.

A drunk J69 may be tolerable...

I used to drink and tried various drugs in my younger days thankyou.

A drunk J69 may be tolerable...

:o

I used to drink and tried various drugs in my younger days thankyou.

What yee had :o . "I've had hasheesh they look like paracetomol" I reckon if you have had something you wouldn't be so against them. If it's speed you've had it's your own daft fault. Worst stuff in life that's ever been produced.