Drug users

McFaul

What would you describe yourself as out of these  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had seen the amount of people locked up in high secure mental health hospitals as a result of drug induced psychosis as I have, you wouldn't take any of them with a shitty stick. There are a very small percentage of people whose brains cannot handle it and it fucks them up until the day they die

Motorbikes, cars, women, children, skydiving, jobs, money, etc etc.

People snap/die for thousands of reasons.

That's the shit argument used by people who die a young and painful death from smoking. Usually just about the time their grandkids are being born and really wish they had another 20 years in them to watch them grow up.

At the moment I'm pretty much teetotal (I drank a load of wine the other day when I was making a stew and using wine in it), but I'd like to experiment with some hallucinogens. If I get the chance I will get absolutely wrecked on my death bed, I read about this author Audlous Huxley and he injected 200mg of LSD on his death bed and went out tripping - there really is no better time to take drugs when you think about it.

Nightclubs are quite good too, if its the right sort of place.

However, dying from cancer and taking LSD to go out is just incomprehensible. Staring into the abyss, knowing the moment of death is arriving, understanding that you will return to the earth and the universe whilst tripping and seeing that in a completely different way.

I wouldnt rush in to taking anything like LSD, its not to be messed with and will change you forever once you've taken it. Once you've opened the doors, you cant unsee what you saw :lol:

One of the most euphoric chemical experiences, although it was very brief, that I've had was on General Anaesthetic when I came round actually.

I pretty much am man. :lol:

I've had pills twice in the last 12 months, that's it.

One time was the night before the Villa home game. Great way to get off a come down. :lol:

If you had seen the amount of people locked up in high secure mental health hospitals as a result of drug induced psychosis as I have, you wouldn't take any of them with a shitty stick. There are a very small percentage of people whose brains cannot handle it and it fucks them up until the day they die

Motorbikes, cars, women, children, skydiving, jobs, money, etc etc.

People snap/die for thousands of reasons.

That's the shit argument used by people who die a young and painful death from smoking. Usually just about the time their grandkids are being born and really wish they had another 20 years in them to watch them grow up.

Completely different things though. I have no problem with people being pro-/anti-/ or ambivalent when it comes to drugs but it's a bit daft putting all drugs into one basket (which you more or less did in your previous post btw) and smoking cigarettes for a half a lifetime is completely different to any number of recreational drugs or seriously addictive stuff like cocaine, crack or heroin (although even they can be taken on a recreational basis by people). You also seem to miss TS's point, i.e. that nearly anything pleasurable involves a degree of risk, whether it's relationships, drinking, extreme sports or smoking weed. It's far more rational to weigh up those risks and make your decisions accordingly then never to try anything because a small minority of people get fucked up by it. Not that life is all about rational decisions but I imagine you are at least trying to come at this from a rational viewpoint.

I never said drugs kill you tbf. You made that link yourself

And for what it's worth I was anti drink/drugs long before I got into mental health nursing. It didn't do much to change my mind though.

I mentioned death merely to carry the comparisons forward, all human activity involves some risk and people are going to die or lose the plot for many many reasons, the vast majority of which I suspect you are not against.

If not your role, what was it that set your stance in stone?

At the moment I'm pretty much teetotal (I drank a load of wine the other day when I was making a stew and using wine in it), but I'd like to experiment with some hallucinogens. If I get the chance I will get absolutely wrecked on my death bed, I read about this author Audlous Huxley and he injected 200mg of LSD on his death bed and went out tripping - there really is no better time to take drugs when you think about it.

Nightclubs are quite good too, if its the right sort of place.

However, dying from cancer and taking LSD to go out is just incomprehensible. Staring into the abyss, knowing the moment of death is arriving, understanding that you will return to the earth and the universe whilst tripping and seeing that in a completely different way.

I wouldnt rush in to taking anything like LSD, its not to be messed with and will change you forever once you've taken it. Once you've opened the doors, you cant unsee what you saw :lol:

I think like many things in life, dying could be potentially a dull experience, why not liven it up with some opiates and hallucinogens?

And for what it's worth I was anti drink/drugs long before I got into mental health nursing. It didn't do much to change my mind though.

I mentioned death merely to carry the comparisons forward, all human activity involves some risk and people are going to die or lose the plot for many many reasons, the vast majority of which I suspect you are not against.

Being a boring cunt, at a guess.

I took acid at 18, it was my second ever drug experience. It was incredible and the insights gained through that and other experiences have carried and strengthened me on my journey. IMO.

Awesome bands like this. When my mates were listening to the Outhere Brothers and MC Cowie and similar horrendous acts in the mid 90s I was being educated on a positive, alternative lifestyle :lol:

Awesome bands like this. When my mates were listening to the Outhere Brothers and MC Cowie and similar horrendous acts in the mid 90s I was being educated on a positive, alternative lifestyle :lol:

Without the outhere brothers I'd never have created Toon Toon Toon Everybody Say Whey Aye Whey Aye* seriously I started the song, straight up.

:lol: Look who's browsing.

TS, was that proper smash-your-head-off type acid or the less potent LSD that you get nowadays?

It was Australian, locally made on plain brown card. I only took half but the walls were wobbling, carpet turned to ocean and I was awake for 24 hours. The visuals are all well and good but it is the awakening that's the crack. That's something you can't explain really, you just end up sounding like a hippy cunt.

Start with a low dose and wait at least 3 hours before having any more, if you must. Be in a comfortable environment where you have 12 hours space and privacy and with people you completely trust. When the sun comes up go outside, not the city.

I'm not advocating it, I'm just being honest - it was good for me. If you are prone to anxiety I would avoid avoid avoid.

Without the outhere brothers I'd never have created Toon Toon Toon Everybody Say Whey Aye Whey Aye* seriously I started the song, straight up.

:lol: Was that at a pre-season game v Gateshead? I wasn't actually there but my mate thought it was class / hilarious.

:lol: Was that at a pre-season game v Gateshead? I wasn't actually there but my mate thought it was class / hilarious.

That was one, I started it in a pub at Hartlepool our first pre-season game and the whole pub joined in then everyone was singing it at the match and it went mental after that. Bolton away we sang it for about 10 minutes. My claim to fame.

Edit I think I sung it in the pub but was in some motor going there it came on radio, and we all agreed it worked well :lol: just reminds me of happy days in the granda shirt thinking we'd piss the league with Les and Daveed.

Edited by McFaul

done the whole gambit at some point, never intravenous though needles scare the fuck out of me. just smoke now really, with the exception of a certain music festival at the beginning of august. even then its just a couple of pills and some smoke, maybe a shroomazoomzoom during the day down at the river watching the crowd go by.

with respect to DMT, never done this but i know a guy who has access to some, but still i have this nagging feeling that it may be a trip to far, the guy is really nice but, a little out there.

Edited by tooner