Drug users

McFaul

What would you describe yourself as out of these  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm willing to bet that if we sat down with J69 for a couple of hours to unpick his puritanical world view some freaky shit would come to the surface.

Framed pictures of David Koresh on his walls?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life would be a barrell of laughs if you ruled the world, j69.

If you need drink and drugs to enjoy yourself I imagine you aren't all that fun yourself.

Is it really that much of an alien concept to people to go out and have fun without being off your rocker?

I do it all the time, have fun sober that is. Drink/drugs are just another occasional aspect of enjoying life on top of the numerous other things I do for pleasure. You don't only play pinball do you? That's not having a dig, just making the point.

Life would be a barrell of laughs if you ruled the world, j69.

If you need drink and drugs to enjoy yourself I imagine you aren't all that fun yourself.

Is it really that much of an alien concept to people to go out and have fun without being off your rocker?

I'n a bid to save money and get a bit healther, I recently spent a few weeks drinking soft drinks when going out with friends. I still had the same crack and did manage to save money, but surely you understand that it is nice to get drunk now and then?

I genuinely don't really like drinking. I just don't believe that it's possible that it has the same effect on me as it has on others or else town wouldn't be filled with pissed people every weekend. It isn't just the hangovers either, it's the actual effect at the time.

Not for me. I didn't enjoy it. I also know a lot of people (friends, work mates, family members) who would actively choose to stay in rather than go out and stay sober if everyone else is drinking. To me that suggests that far from being boring I'm actually the one with some crack and they need to take a look at themselves if they need drink in them to have a dance or chat to some lasses

I genuinely don't really like drinking. I just don't believe that it's possible that it has the same effect on me as it has on others or else town wouldn't be filled with pissed people every weekend. It isn't just the hangovers either, it's the actual effect at the time.

I thought y had a Rehills clubcard ?

You're not into collecting bottles are y ?

I thought y had a Rehills clubcard ?

You're not into collecting bottles are y ?

A bottle or two in the house is fine, and I enjoy that. But going out to get hammered I really don't see the attraction. Like I say though I think the way I react to excessive alcohol must just be different to most people, cos clearly they get some enjoyment out of it that just isn't there for me.

Do they though? Half of my facebook wall on a Sunday morning is saying how awful they feel, they blew £100 last night and they are never drinking again?

Aye but to do that repeatedly, there must be something in it.

Fair play . Thinking about it i'm probably what Reverend 69 would call a 'sad act' in that if I'm having a drink or whatever I like to go for it , to really feel the burn , "Ney sense of moderation"

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

I never drink to excess now, i have 3 pints in the pub (about twice a month) and i'm done. At home, i dont drink 3 or 4 nights a week and when i do, its good red wine with a decent meal. I also like a drop of whisky at the weekend.

I never drank 10 pints in a night ever but i used to drink too much.

Fair play . Thinking about it i'm probably what Reverend 69 would call a 'sad act' in that if I'm having a drink or whatever I like to go for it , to really feel the burn , "Ney sense of moderation"

Religion is almost as bad as taking drugs tbh :o

So it's went from people who do the occasional spliff to people who enjoy getting pissed now and then who are pricks pmsl.

Something you haven't even considered is, some people actually like beer and wine, I know I do, if alcohol was banned, I'd buy the equivalent alcohol free stuff, cos they're nice.

I wish i had that in me tbh. The excitement my mates get for a day on the drink is an absolute mystery to me, but I do kind of envy it.

So it's went from people who do the occasional spliff to people who enjoy getting pissed now and then who are pricks pmsl.

Something you haven't even considered is, some people actually like beer and wine, I know I do, if alcohol was banned, I'd buy the equivalent alcohol free stuff, cos they're nice.

That's what I was thinking. If I go out to meet my mates socially, I'll have a drink because I like the taste of me whiskey and cokes. That doesn't mean 6 hours later, I'm pissing through someone's letterbox and getting a divorce.

I never drink to excess now, i have 3 pints in the pub (about twice a month) and i'm done. At home, i dont drink 3 or 4 nights a week and when i do, its good red wine with a decent meal. I also like a drop of whisky at the weekend.

I never drank 10 pints in a night ever but i used to drink too much.

When I was younger some of my mates, and me to be fair had this pathetic bravado that if you didn't have at least 10 pints you were a fanny. These days I'm half shit faced on 8 pints to be honest. I can do an all day session still but need food in between.

Religion is almost as bad as taking drugs tbh :o

Now that I DO agree with !

Amen brother :gettin:

talking to some mates we were remembering the 80's when everyone went out and had 2-3 pints every lunchtime before going back to the office

You'd be run off straight away these days