Top 10 Mike Ashley Lies

Happy Face

The Top Ten Lies from Mike Ashley

1. We did do due dilligence/We didn't do due dilligence

"We first heard about the potential sale on a Saturday and had done the deal by the Wednesday, so if you are asking if we did due diligence before buying then the answer has to be no."

"We did the typical due diligence one would do on a public takeover. There is no sense that anyone has tried to mislead us."

2. Newcastle fans assault children

"I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted"

"We gave no formal advice to Mr Ashley about not attending Saturday's game. It is not our place to do so."

- Northumbria Police

3. Kevin Keegan was in charge of transfers

"We have started talking about who we will be bringing in and Kevin will have the final say"

The Club repeatedly stated that Mr Keegan did not have the final say but in the letter dated 4 September 2008 from Mr Llambias to Mr Keegan setting out the Club’s proposals for trying to dissuade Mr Keegan from resigning, Mr Llambias stated:-

“It will continue to be the position that no player will be bought for the first team without your approval, save of course for commercial deals (which we refer to as financials) which will remain within the sole discretion of the Board”.

-INDEPENDENT ARBITRATION (KEEGAN vs NUFC)

4. Wise Signed Bassong

“He [bassong] was Dennis’. Pick your top five players this season and you’ll see that they were Dennis’ players”

“I came to Newcastle because my agent knew Kevin Keegan and my agent told him he had me and that I was a good player at Metz. Kevin had seen me play one or two times for France Under-21 and he asked my agent if I could come for a trial.”

-Bassong

5. Carroll wasn't for sale

"Players like Andy are the future of this club"

The Board and supporters are aware that Newcastle United currently has a footballing academy brimming with talent, skill and dedication. As part of Newcastle United's quest for a team that truly represents the values of the Geordie nation the club will look to promote, where it can, from within and for the academy to become a leading light as one of the best if not the best in the UK. The days when players such as Alan Shearer, Steve Bruce, Peter Beardsley and Michael Carrick had to leave Newcastle to begin their illustrious football careers elsewhere are over. Newcastle United is more than aware of the great passion for the game of football that exists locally and is intent on ensuring that every great Geordie footballer has the opportunity to play for his home team club.

"Andy Carroll has completed his move from Newcastle to Liverpool and has signed a five-and-a-half-year-deal,"

-Liverpool Statement

6. Hughton was secure in his job

"Chris is our manager and will remain our manager, and it is our intention to re-negotiate his contract at the end of the year"

-October - 11th position

"Newcastle United Football Club have today parted company with manager Chris Hughton. The board feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward."

-December - 11th position

7. Sports Direct is a temporary St James' stadium sponsor

"We will showcase Sports Direct until the end of the season. I'm sure we're going to get a sponsor in for next season. I think the fans will see in the future that we do care.""

-Nov 2009

sports.png

-June 2011

8. He spends more than the fans on the club.

“I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year.”

Amount of money coming in from bums on seats:

2004 - £33.9m

2005 - £35.3m

2006 - £30.9m

2007 - £33.6m

2008 - £32.4m

This is just matchday. Not including replica strips, tours, play on the pitch, merchandise etc.

9. He wanted Alan Shearer, even after relegation

"Bringing Alan Shearer back to Newcastle United was the best decision I have made. Alan and his staff did all they could to try and keep us up in the short space of time they had. Talks are now ongoing between us about how we can take this Club forward again.

"We want him to be the manager 110 per cent, he's very good at what he does, and he's a straight talking guy – we like that. He'd be the perfect appointment."

"Do I care what Alan Shearer has to say? When he ran this football club we were relegated after picking up just five points from his eight games in charge."

10. The Carroll money will be reinvested.

"The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was, 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it', and he has assured me of that. For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used.

TBC

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.com/2011/06/t...ike-ashley.html

What have I missed :lol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struggling to see the point in this thread, other than to promote your blog.

The regime have a history of lying, we all know this and we're all well aware of the proof.

Your cynicism is overbearing.

I am pretty transparent.

Was bored with all the money fixation though.

Good post mate. Even though i have sworn allegiance to team positive with CT, its important people know what promises/statements have been made in the past that have turned out to be false. Nothing wrong with fans showing positivity in the club, as long as you dont turn a blind eye to the bigger picture.

What is dissapointing, is the fact that there are many fans on here who are more knowledgeable about this clubs past than others (and me), and rightly show the inevitable skepticism from previous promises made, yet get slated in a ruthless manner whenever they post anything negative about the board/owner.

What is dissapointing, is the fact that there are many fans on here who are more knowledgeable about this clubs past than others (and me), and rightly show the inevitable skepticism from previous promises made, yet get slated in a ruthless manner whenever they post anything negative about the board/owner.

Utter nonsense.

The regime have a history of lying, we all know this and we're all well aware of the proof.

I don't think 'we all know this.' I think there's a lot of people on here who could do with some reminding of just what kind of operation our owner and his crony-in-chief are running.

We all know this? From what i read on this forum, i dont think everyone does. Also, new young blood are joining this forum and are supporting newcastle, they have a right to know.

The lies made by the owners are overbearing this club and therefore this should be highlighted.

Utter nonsense.

I dont see you as one of the more knowledgeable fans so you have no right to say whether they do or they dont. :lol:

Utter nonsense.

I dont see you as one of the more knowledgeable fans so you have no right to say whether they do or they dont. :lol:

Lucky for me then that I couldn't care less what you think about my footballing knowledge.

Edited by Tecato

I am pretty transparent.

Is it cynicism when its so well reasoned?

I am pretty transparent.

So are any of the quotes Ashleys?

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

CT youre a good person but sometimes i wish you would voice some concern about what the board is doing to our beloved newcastle. I just dont want you leading the 'team positive' wagon into impending heartbreak.

And oh yeah heres one for you:

''History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. ''

Martin Luther King, Jr.

:lol:

I am pretty transparent.

Not one.

He'll be livid when he reads what his staff have been saying.

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

CT youre a good person but sometimes i wish you would voice some concern about what the board is doing to our beloved newcastle. I just dont want you leading the 'team positive' wagon into impending heartbreak.

And oh yeah heres one for you:

''History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. ''

Martin Luther King, Jr.

:lol:

I did, see the "why did you join Toontastic thread"......First post.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=924074

But lets be honest, he didnt buy us to do all this. Until Keegan left he was watching the game from the stands and drinking round the town.

I think he's made lots of mistakes, all well documented but since relegation he has overseen a stable period that has seen us win promotion and the perform better than most expected in our first season back.

He has got to grips with the clubs finances, made scouting a big priority, put under soil heating in at the training ground and froze season ticket prices for 10 years. (Many will scoff at these things but they are all positive things).

Finally, we have attacked this window and completed some very good business already and are negotiating for more players with two months of the window still to go.

Do I remember how bad it was.....Yes

Do I appreciate how much better it is now ......Yes

Do I see any positives from the amount of negative threads around like this ...... No

Do they really achieve anything other than a couple of days of infighting amongst the same people ........No

Im pretty happy with the way its all going as of today and thats all that matters to moi.

I am pretty transparent.

Not one.

Its like defending Adolf because it was Joseph Goebbels who was doing all the shouting.

I am pretty transparent.

Not one.

Im sure he quite often is with Llambias.....

basil.jpg

So are you going to change it to Llambias 10 lies?

I am pretty transparent.

Not one.

Im sure he quite often is with Llambias.....

basil.jpg

So are you going to change it to Llambias 10 lies?

No.

Try defending any of the falsehoods, rather than the way they came to light. I'm sure you can't.