Top 10 Mike Ashley Lies

Happy Face

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say "remember how bad it was" what are you referring to?

Also Dekka is Ashleys right hand man and considering Ashley doesn't do interviews, he is his chosen representative. Be it streaking across the pitch or bad mouthing former managers. Do you think Derek is some sort of 'loose cannon', shooting his mouth off saying things contrary to Ashleys beliefs/thoughts?

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

CT youre a good person but sometimes i wish you would voice some concern about what the board is doing to our beloved newcastle. I just dont want you leading the 'team positive' wagon into impending heartbreak.

And oh yeah heres one for you:

''History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. ''

Martin Luther King, Jr.

:lol:

I did, see the "why did you join Toontastic thread"......First post.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=924074

But lets be honest, he didnt buy us to do all this. Until Keegan left he was watching the game from the stands and drinking round the town.

I think he's made lots of mistakes, all well documented but since relegation he has overseen a stable period that has seen us win promotion and the perform better than most expected in our first season back.

He has got to grips with the clubs finances, made scouting a big priority, put under soil heating in at the training ground and froze season ticket prices for 10 years. (Many will scoff at these things but they are all positive things).

Finally, we have attacked this window and completed some very good business already and are negotiating for more players with two months of the window still to go.

Do I remember how bad it was.....Yes

Do I appreciate how much better it is now ......Yes

Do I see any positives from the amount of negative threads around like this ...... No

Do they really achieve anything other than a couple of days of infighting amongst the same people ........No

Im pretty happy with the way its all going as of today and thats all that matters to moi.

I dont know what i'd do if you werent here. My feet are firmly back in the wagon. Just make sure you know where you taking us dorothy. I need the courage to have faith, HappyFace needs a heart and Tecato well..

wizardofozq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

C.T is just a wind up merchant.

He started following football in 2008 and doesn't go to games.

Ignore.

I do sometimes wonder if it's more about scoring points than actually giving a fuck about what's going on at the moment.

He's caught me a time or two and made me look the tit but with him it's not about football. He'll never get a football argument right - but he will drag you through the shit.

He's why the ignore function exists.

When you say "remember how bad it was" what are you referring to?

Also Dekka is Ashleys right hand man and considering Ashley doesn't do interviews, he is his chosen representative. Be it streaking across the pitch or bad mouthing former managers. Do you think Derek is some sort of 'loose cannon', shooting his mouth off saying things contrary to Ashleys beliefs/thoughts?

I think JFK turning up was quite a low point sandwiched in between KK's departure and relegation. They were the bad old days and are a million miles away from where we are today.

Do I think Llambias is a loose canon who engages his mouth before his brain? Most definitely.

My main problem however with this thread (not sure what its purpose is tonight), is the twisted way in which HF distorts quotes and reality at will.

We've established this is mainly Dekka and not Ashley, so why not just say that.

Then lets take point number 8. The first quote is by Ashley and the second by Llambias iirc. A bit of honesty wouldnt go amiss.

And finally....... Taking the five quotes since relegation...

5. A club says a player is not for sale --- Silly money forces sale shocker.

6. A manager gets a vote of confidence two months before sack shocker.

7. Do I really care whether it says Sports Direct or Aldi.......Not really.

8. Pedantic and quite clear the point he was making about spending a lot of his own cash to subsidise the business.

9. Covered above.

10. TBC

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

CT youre a good person but sometimes i wish you would voice some concern about what the board is doing to our beloved newcastle. I just dont want you leading the 'team positive' wagon into impending heartbreak.

And oh yeah heres one for you:

''History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. ''

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I did, see the "why did you join Toontastic thread"......First post.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=924074

But lets be honest, he didnt buy us to do all this. Until Keegan left he was watching the game from the stands and drinking round the town.

I think he's made lots of mistakes, all well documented but since relegation he has overseen a stable period that has seen us win promotion and the perform better than most expected in our first season back.

He has got to grips with the clubs finances, made scouting a big priority, put under soil heating in at the training ground and froze season ticket prices for 10 years. (Many will scoff at these things but they are all positive things).

Finally, we have attacked this window and completed some very good business already and are negotiating for more players with two months of the window still to go.

Do I remember how bad it was.....Yes

Do I appreciate how much better it is now ......Yes

Do I see any positives from the amount of negative threads around like this ...... No

Do they really achieve anything other than a couple of days of infighting amongst the same people ........No

Im pretty happy with the way its all going as of today and thats all that matters to moi.

I dont know what i'd do if you werent here. My feet are firmly back in the wagon. Just make sure you know where you taking us dorothy. I need the courage to have faith, HappyFace needs a heart and Tecato well..

wizardofozq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

C.T is just a wind up merchant.

He started following football in 2008 and doesn't go to games.

Ignore.

I do sometimes wonder if it's more about scoring points than actually giving a fuck about what's going on at the moment.

I think there is an inevitable path we are heading down if these steady small improvements continue.

People like myself who are fairly ok with things at the moment will get happier and the hard core Ashley "haters" (for want of a better phrase) will get more frustrated.

Im sure there is pysco babble that covers it but when you have entrenched yourself as LM has, it is very hard to leave that position and say "ok, things have been shocking, but they are improving".

The Ashley swingometer for the masses seems to have moved from intense far right hatred to middle ground apathy tinged with mis-trust. A good season next year, good cup run etc will see it swing into the feel good stakes.

Which will really fucking annoy some people on here.

If Ashley wasn't happy with Dekka, he'd have made his position untenable like he did with Kk, or just replace him. He's Adhleys mouthpiece and as Ashley doesn't come out and contradict what Dekka says, then you have to believe he speaks for Ashleys regime.

You're happy now, but you have to acknowledge at this stage that the lads in charge are capable of absolute stupidity. If Pardew was sacked to tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised.

He's caught me a time or two and made me look the tit but with him it's not about football. He'll never get a football argument right - but he will drag you through the shit.

He's why the ignore function exists.

Do grow up Tom or stick to twitter. Lots of us from both sides can have sensible discussions without acting like a 14 year old in the playground. :lol:

It was never in doubt.

the usual vote of confidence is renegef on when form worsens. Not when your league position is still the same...and better than where we finished BTW.

Chelsea are selling their stadium rights for £100m. You should care about a devalued brand. Imagine llidl@old trafford

8. Pedantic and quite clear the point he was making about spending a lot of his own cash to subsidise the business.

You wouldn't be offended, cos you've contributed nowt to the club.

9. Covered above.

It is?

10. TBC

Glad you got the point. Can't argue with any of the lies so no reason to expect owt else.

If Ashley wasn't happy with Dekka, he'd have made his position untenable like he did with Kk, or just replace him. He's Adhleys mouthpiece and as Ashley doesn't come out and contradict what Dekka says, then you have to believe he speaks for Ashleys regime.

You're happy now, but you have to acknowledge at this stage that the lads in charge are capable of absolute stupidity. If Pardew was sacked to tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised.

They are past masters of it Barney but I do think that Ashley is a fast learner and has quickly seen what needs to be done in this climate to make the best of a bad job.

Hence the emphasis on scouting, wage control, underground heating at the training ground, etc etc.

Even the self enforced silence was possibly a reference to his understanding that communication isnt one of Dereks better attributes.

They forecast that we will move into profit next year which while I agree is not more important than winning things, is exactly the sort of solid foundation that was missing for a lot of years and may just be the platform we need to really push on.

It was never in doubt.

Bollocks

the usual vote of confidence is renegef on when form worsens. Not when your league position is still the same...and better than where we finished BTW.

The usual vote of confidence is when the press get wind that the managers hanging on but the club havent got everything in place to get rid yet.

Chelsea are selling their stadium rights for £100m. You should care about a devalued brand. Imagine llidl@old trafford

Like having Northern Rock on the shirts. Didnt really notice as 5 went past Sunderland.

You wouldn't be offended, cos you've contributed nowt to the club.

I have, but you snap your crayons :lol:

9. Covered above.

It is?

It is. Two different peoples statements, dressed up as one person.

10. TBC

Glad you got the point. Can't argue with any of the lies so no reason to expect owt else.

The Top Ten Lies from Mike Ashley

1. We did do due dilligence/We didn't do due dilligence - five days isn't long enough to do full due diligence, so things were missed. the second comment is to clear any misunderstanding.

2. Newcastle fans assault children - highly likely he'd contacted his local police about death threat. Its a bit low to say he'd lie about it!

3. Kevin Keegan was in charge of transfers - Denis Wise.

4. Wise Signed Bassong - Dekka.

5. Carroll wasn't for sale - the quote you cited is irrelevant. The proper one is from Pardew and any decent manager would take the 35m.

6. Hughton was secure in his job - Chairmen regularly give public backing before sacking

7. Sports Direct is a temporary St James' stadium sponsor - had it not been for the fans reaction they might have received an offer.

8. He spends more than the fans on the club. - taken out of context, he was referring to Barry Moat trying to buy the club on a shoe string.

9. He wanted Alan Shearer, even after relegation - First quote made before shearer said he wanted 20m and sack 3/4 of the team. Second quote was two and a half years later and in response to Shearer saying it was staggering they could sell Carroll without a replacement.

10. The Carroll money will be reinvested. - Four players bought in three weeks, not a bad start. Money is irrelevant, it's the standard of players that count - Demba Ba is a great example.

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.com/2011/06/t...ike-ashley.html

What have I missed :lol:

lambeyarse and the fat twat are the biggest bunch of lying cunt faced bitches ever and the toon fans completely ignore it all the toon fans love ashley now

Dekka is my main point of contention in the current regime, I would seriously forgive a reasonable amount if Ashley got rid of him. Is that wrong? Maybe but it'd certainly make me feel a lot better about the whole situation.

Dekka is my main point of contention in the current regime, I would seriously forgive a reasonable amount if Ashley got rid of him. Is that wrong? Maybe but it'd certainly make me feel a lot better about the whole situation.

Problem being that they seem thick as thieves. And I'm sure Ashley is happy to let him be the villain.

Problem being that they seem thick as thieves. And I'm sure Ashley is happy to let him be the villain.

Llambias is to Ashley what Simpson was to Burns - a 'helper monkey'