Celtic after Harper.

mls1-CelticFC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article saying Lennon may be after Harper. No quotes, pure speculation, terrible stuff.

Mind you Harper might be for sale if the owner's noticed he's over 30.

When is he contracted to? Far from done or even a real possibility, but if it was to happen we'd find out who is the better prospect out of Krul and Forster.

Financially if they offered a couple of million could see Ashley green lighting it. Whether Harps would want to go is another poorly soy Ed made up story altogether.

Its rare you get a keeper of Harpers ability that will happily sit on the bench. Selling him would be daft.

Forster or Krul need to be loaned out until we can you out which is better.

I dont know much about Harper. Is he dud?

He's an average Premier League 'keeper. So for your league he'd be highly rated. He might rarely win you a game, but he'll never lose you a game. A fairly unspectacular, but very reliabel 'keeper.

Overall a very good keeper. Has similar flaws to Forster - doesn't command his defense (quiet/ignored), slow to release the ball and doesn't like to come for crosses.

He's an average Premier League 'keeper. So for your league he'd be highly rated. He might rarely win you a game, but he'll never lose you a game. A fairly unspectacular, but very reliabel 'keeper.

If by reliable - you mean will concede a fair amount of goals due to his slow reaction speed and inability to get down to the ball. Then yes, I agree.

I'd be fairly sure that he isn't.

I know this was a while ago - but SBR said that Harper had been "rewarded" for his loyalty over the years.

I think you under estimate us alot hahaha. We have alot of money. Im sure his wages will be fine. And to say "he's an average keeper but he'll be ok for your league", thats statement remains regardless for a goalkeeper. He still faces shots and penalties and crosses of the same quality of any league. A shot can be hit the same side power and standard by any striker or even midfielder in any league.

But how you say about Harpers flaws is the flaws we had with Forster especially the slow in getting down to dive.

Krul or Forster isn't going to be happy being 3rd choice this season so one of them will look for a move. I feel both of them have the potential to become much better keepers than Harper so personally I would give him a testimonial and move him on.

I think you under estimate us alot hahaha. We have alot of money. Im sure his wages will be fine. And to say "he's an average keeper but he'll be ok for your league", thats statement remains regardless for a goalkeeper. He still faces shots and penalties and crosses of the same quality of any league. A shot can be hit the same side power and standard by any striker or even midfielder in any league.

But how you say about Harpers flaws is the flaws we had with Forster especially the slow in getting down to dive.

Bollocks. ;)

You're telling me that Danny Kedwell is as good a finisher as Dider Drogba?

The standard of strikers in your league is lower than that of the Premier League and to be honest, the Championship. Therefore, the number of shots that trouble a 'keeper will be less.

Edit a 6'7" 'keeper is at a disadvantage when getting down quickly to a 6'2" player

Edited by The Fish

That means nothing. Its wherever a player places a ball to score the keeper has to save. Any player can place a ball somewhere in the net. Its the striker who should know where a goalkeeper cant get it.

That means nothing. Its wherever a player places a ball to score the keeper has to save. Any player can place a ball somewhere in the net. Its the striker who should know where a goalkeeper cant get it.

;)

Knowing where to put it, and having the ability and composure to place it there, is an entirely different story. The strikers in your "premier" league won't be placing the ball in impossible-to-get-to places, so Harper won't be under the same pressure. I'm not sure what's difficult to understand?

Bollocks. ;)

You're telling me that Danny Kedwell is as good a finisher as Dider Drogba?

The standard of strikers in your league is lower than that of the Premier League and to be honest, the Championship. Therefore, the number of shots that trouble a 'keeper will be less.

Edit a 6'7" 'keeper is at a disadvantage when getting down quickly to a 6'2" player

I think in one sense it's a case of swings and roundabouts in that an SPL keeper is up against cack forwards, but he's got cack defenders to help him out. So he might have to make just as many saves as an EPL keeper. But, as you say, the quality of the shots is going to trouble him less. Otherwise you could say Harper would have just as hard a time against a pub side as against Drogba and co.

I'd also say that, by playing for one of the two teams in the Scottish "premier" league he'll have a fairly easy time of it. Their defenders may be poor by the English League's standards, but the attackers they face are generally awful. It's only when Glasgow A play Glasgow B that he'll actually come under any measure of scrutiny.

There are decent strikers in the spl which just dont get credit elsewhere. In my opinion the epl isnt the best league in the world la liga is but the epl is a 1 team league unless Man U play shite in which case chelsea win it. There a strikers such as Goodwillie who finds the net and he plays for Dundee United. Cardiff and forrest are after him. Conor Sammon was a good striker up here also. Hes now with Wigan. Gary Hooper scored i think 20 or 21 in 26 he plays for us. Jelavic plays for rangers 19 in 23 i think hes on. Hooper scored 43 in 80 with scunthorpe before moving to us. Kris Coomons a right winger scored 29 i think this season with derby and us.

There are decent strikers in the spl which just dont get credit elsewhere. In my opinion the epl isnt the best league in the world la liga is but the epl is a 1 team league unless Man U play shite in which case chelsea win it. There a strikers such as Goodwillie who finds the net and he plays for Dundee United. Cardiff and forrest are after him. Conor Sammon was a good striker up here also. Hes now with Wigan. Gary Hooper scored i think 20 or 21 in 26 he plays for us. Jelavic plays for rangers 19 in 23 i think hes on. Hooper scored 43 in 80 with scunthorpe before moving to us. Kris Coomons a right winger scored 29 i think this season with derby and us.

;) While La Liga is an open race?

Gary Hooper scored i think 20 or 21 in 26 he plays for us.

Taking Hooper as an example, do you not think it says a lot about the quality of the respective leagues that he can get 1 in 2 in League 1, then nearly 1 in 1 in the SPL?

Edited by ewerk

wait wait wait, Cardiff and Forrest are interested in a player?! Hold the phone! Hot diggidy. He must be outstanding. ;)

:lol:

Doesn't that failed Citeh striker Samaras do well?

Oh and Kris Boyd

Rangers

2005–06 21 20

2006–07 44 26

2007–08 41 25

2008–09 46 31

2009–10 40 26

Total

192 128

1 in 1.5 in the toughest Scottish league

Middlesbrough.......2010–11 29 6

Nottingham Forest. 2010–11 10 6