Wimbledon

LeazesMag

anybody watching it ?

2nd week is where it comes alive.

Murray through to quarter final. Good

Williams sisters both beaten today. Good.

Nadal is playing just now.

Sharapova through to quarter finals, womens number 1 seed was beaten today [never heard of her, amazing that she is the world number 1 yet hasn't won a Grand Slam !]

Apparently Murray played really well today, but I missed it.

As usual, he's British if he wins and Scottish when he loses

anybody watching it ?

2nd week is where it comes alive.

Murray through to quarter final. Good

Williams sisters both beaten today. Good.

Nadal is playing just now.

Sharapova through to quarter finals, womens number 1 seed was beaten today [never heard of her, amazing that she is the world number 1 yet hasn't won a Grand Slam !]

Apparently Murray played really well today, but I missed it.

As usual, he's British if he wins and Scottish when he loses

angus018.JPG

Yeah, I'm watching bits and bobs. I do prefer the bobs though :o

Strange when the rain was pissing down during the game; one of those warm 'ooh I'm under canvas and it's pissing down outside' feelings you usually get when camping or in a beer tent somewhere :gettin:

Lisicki looks good, in more ways than one.

she is playing now

didn’t see much of it, but from what I’ve seen of her there’s only Sharapova good enough to beat her.

they are due to meet in the semi’s.

she is playing now

didn’t see much of it, but from what I’ve seen of her there’s only Sharapova good enough to beat her.

Sharapova is supposed to be on now, rain permitting. Will have a quick look before I go out in about 15 minutes

she is playing now

:o

bloke I worked with years ago, told me a mate of his had wrote to the Chris Evert fan club asking for a pair of her knicks after 3 sets. Supposedly, and got a warning letter back. But no knicks.

I wonder if it's ever happened before where a match at Wimbledon has started on one court and finished on another??

oooooh........aaaaaaah..........ooooooh..............aaaaaah.............ooooh..

...........aaaaaah gets on yer wick after a while.

Thinking of going tonight after work for the reduced price tickets. Anyone know if there's going to be much on this evening? Not sure what time it normally finishes at.

Thinking of going tonight after work for the reduced price tickets. Anyone know if there's going to be much on this evening? Not sure what time it normally finishes at.

The main games will be finished I reckon. You will probably see some doubles. Maybe get to drink a few anarl (do they serve, no pun intended, alcohol at Wimbledon???).

If Murray can hold his nerve against Nadal he'll never have a better chance to win it. Expect heroic failure in 5 sets then. If he wins he'll still be a miserable bastard mind you.

Tomic: looks a talent, really pushed Novak.D. Unpredictable and varied from the back of the court and his two-handed backhand is worldclass , but can be too defensive at times - like to see him drive through the ball more often, ala Berdych, as he looks to be a flamboyant shotmaker. Needs to beef up his 1st serve though> Maybe it's his technique, or more about weight transferance into the court, but he doesn't maximise his height. And the lad has to learn to slow things down (ie. between points) in pressure situations, for example when he gave up break advantage in the 3rd set - that was the key turning point in the match imo, as Novak was up against it at that point. The latter point will come with experience though.

Edited by Year Zero

If Murray can hold his nerve against Nadal he'll never have a better chance to win it. Expect heroic failure in 5 sets then. If he wins he'll still be a miserable bastard mind you.

Cant see it like (getting past Nedal)

Tomic: looks a talent, really pushed Novak.D. Unpredictable and varied from the back of the court and his two-handed backhand is worldclass , but can be too defensive at times - like to see him drive through the ball more often, ala Berdych, as he looks to be a flamboyant shotmaker. Needs to beef up his 1st serve though> Maybe it's his technique, or more about weight transferance into the court, but he doesn't maximise his height. And the lad has to learn to slow things down (ie. between points) in pressure situations, for example when he gave up break advantage in the 3rd set - that was the key turning point in the match imo, as Novak was up against it at that point. The latter point will come with experience though.

Joke-a-vitch (yank pronunciation) has looked totally shot, energy-wise, in his last two matches.

We were watching Tsonga yesterday when he was 2-0 down to Federer and I thought that he, even if he lost that game which looked likely at the time, he looks like a future big player/champion in future years, mainly down to his size and power but still some ability.

When he won the 3rd set you started to wonder if Federer had lost before after being 2 sets down and we thought it had not happened before.

Murray could beat Nadal and then lose the Final to Tsonga, stranger things happen.

We were watching Tsonga yesterday when he was 2-0 down to Federer and I thought that he, even if he lost that game which looked likely at the time, he looks like a future big player/champion in future years, mainly down to his size and power but still some ability.

When he won the 3rd set you started to wonder if Federer had lost before after being 2 sets down and we thought it had not happened before.

Murray could beat Nadal and then lose the Final to Tsonga, stranger things happen.

That's just what I was thinking yesterday. Just when the Brit looks to have a good chance of winning, the totally unexpected Frenchman takes the title! It wouldn't come as a great surprise really would it.

That's just what I was thinking yesterday. Just when the Brit looks to have a good chance of winning, the totally unexpected Frenchman takes the title! It wouldn't come as a great surprise really would it.

no it wouldn't.