Wimbledon

LeazesMag

Murray has won 5 out of their 6 meetings including their last 2 on grass so psychologically he's got the upper hand. Just needs to keep his nerve. Purely the fact that he's not having to play Nadal will probably help him mentally aswell. I hope he beats him and think he can.

did you hear what Henman was asked yesterday during the commentary ? He was asked if he had ever felt the weight of the pressure, and he said he always took it as a positive, that the volume of support actually encouraged him rather than inhibited him and put extra pressure on him that he found it hard to cope with.

We don't know if Murray has the same mindset, but he certainly has the upper edge psychologically with 5 wins out of 6. He can do it. Like most things, its how you play on the day, the unpredictably of Tsonga is a problem he is so big he can be intimidating, but I agree if Murray keeps positive, and can stay focussed he can do it. He nearly lost the 2nd set yesterday, so more of that if he goes behind. The first set will obviously be a big boost if he can get himself ahead and the crowd can help him build momentum.

useless Jock cunt

We don't know if Murray has the same mindset, but he certainly has the upper edge psychologically with 5 wins out of 6. He can do it. Like most things, its how you play on the day, the unpredictably of Tsonga is a problem he is so big he can be intimidating, but I agree if Murray keeps positive, and can stay focussed he can do it.

;)

:D

Fwiw I think he'll beat Tsonga - he's nowhere near the sort of form he was in when he beat Federer last year. Would it be Murray's first Wimbledon final btw? Can't see him managing to beat Djokovic though, or anyone else for that matter (beating Novac that is).

I don't know enough about them to be making those sort of generalisations. I suspect you don't either. :razz:

Sounds like a blanket description that could equally be applied to all professional footballers too. At least the tennis players come across as intelligent when spoken to though, unlike the footballers.

:D

Fwiw I think he'll beat Tsonga - he's nowhere near the sort of form he was in when he beat Federer last year. Would it be Murray's first Wimbledon final btw? Can't see him managing to beat Djokovic though, or anyone else for that matter (beating Novac that is).

if Murray wins, he's the first British bloke to reach a Wimbledon final in 74 years [think its 74 years]

I've surprised myself by getting quite into it today .

It helps massively when they aren't making any daft "HUUAH" or "NYAAA" noises mind .

I see Ivanisevic and his wife are in the crowd - I didn't realise he was married to Pete Burns .