Wimbledon

LeazesMag

Guest CabayeAye

Must feel fucking class when you send your opponent sprawling for an ace. :lol: "Pick yourself up, daft shite."

Be even better if you shouted that to him after firing one down!

It hasn't taken him long to remind us of what a dour bastard he comes across as.

He may be a decent guy off camera but he certainly doesn't look comfortable on it.

He gets called dour and that, but fucking hell the questions this cunt is asking him.

"How must that have been for your mam and dad."

"It must be impossible to stay calm. How DO you stay calm. Or is it not possible to stay calm."

It hasn't taken him long to remind us of what a dour bastard he comes across as.

He may be a decent guy off camera but he certainly doesn't look comfortable on it.

That's fine though. The questions he was getting asked ffs. I quite like that he's got no interest in playing the media game.

"How must that have been for your mam and dad."

:lol: I do have to give him credit for knocking that one back.

On the other hand, the interviewer doesn't have much to work with.

Nice guys come second.

It's a particularly Brit thing, Brit's are supposed to win/lose (frequently) with a smile on their face. As a nation we'd have hated McEnroe if he was a Brit (instead we hated him because he was a petulant Yank), even Borg because he was the "iceman" but he won stuff. Jimmy Connors was a "favourite" at Wimbledon because he was a "character", won nowt like the other two though, but his japes made up for his petulance when he was "in the zone".

Steve Davis at his peak - miserable twat etc etc

Give me dour/miserable winners over spirited cheerfull "almost but not quite the winner" nice guys any time.

In sports where winning is down to your own "solo" performance, I'm actually struggling to think of many "happy go lucky" winners. Federer maybe, but he's been winning so long he can relax in his "greatness" he knows he can do it because he's been there, seen it, done it, more times than anyone and there's a steel belief now built into the guy. Can't recall how "nice" he was when starting off.

Edited by Toonpack

I reckon Murray is a genuine OK bloke, he's just not false, smarmy or charismatic thats all

Plus it must be difficult for him having a mother like that

Aye his mam does seem a bit of an "ogre".

He's very guarded with the press because he ws stitched up over his "anyone but England" thing (when he was 18 btw).

http://bleacherrepor...against-federer

But perhaps the most notable obstacle to the British public's affections is the perpetuation of the myth that he is anti-English, a lie that has spread over the years and taken on a life of its own.

The reality is that this perception is the result of a joke Murray made during the 2006 World Cup. It was said during an interview in response to some good-natured ribbing from Tim Henman and Daily Mail journalist Des Kelly, who had decided to have some fun at the expense of the Scottish national football team.

Murray responded in kind, playfully suggesting that he would be supporting anyone but England during the World Cup. Naturally, the UK tabloids picked up the transcript of the interview, stripped it of its context and portrayed Murray as a dour xenophobe.

Edited by Toonpack

Hes beaten Federer 8-7 in the past and Federer has certainly peaked so tomorrow is as good as time as any for Murray to win his first grand slam

Federer looked absolute quality yesterday tbf. I'd love Murray to win, but he's definitely got his work cut out.

Had a look on his wiki page before, and Murray's career earnings are over $20m! Tiger Tim made over $11m. And that's before any endorsement deals etc. Not bad.