Wimbledon

LeazesMag

He's obviously very good but the other three are on another level. Seeing how he needs at least two of them to have an off day in a tournament I think he'll struggle to win a slam, certainly while Federer is still playing. Plus the pack of Tsonga and Ferrer are starting to catch up.

Unlucky Andy lad. I dont really like Tennis, but having a British winner at the year of the OG would of been good. I dont really like Murray too, he is a sour faced fucker, but as Claire Balding said on Radio5 the other day, its due to his immense concentration? I dont buy that tbh, he is concentrating like that all the time, so why have a face like a slapped arse all the time.

Speaking to my gfriends uncle this weekend who used to play countty level tennis, I asked him why we dont produce enough high level tennis players.

IMO I think its an elitest sport, how many municiple courts are trashed or dont have the nets etc? If you want to be in a club you either have to be invited through an existing member, or the fee's are ridicuolous / dress code etc? Then we have the great British weather which doesnt help.

Oh well, unlucky Andy, a final defeat against one of the best players ever isnt too bad, chin up lad.

IMO I think its an elitest sport, how many municiple courts are trashed or dont have the nets etc? If you want to be in a club you either have to be invited through an existing member, or the fee's are ridicuolous / dress code etc? Then we have the great British weather which doesnt help.

You could say the same for golf, yet the UK currently has the top 3 players in the world.

You could say the same for golf, yet the UK currently has the top 3 players in the world.

I can think of 4 municiple courts in Leeds that arent trashed and when has rain ever stopped golf?

I see what you're saying, if you want to progress, but to get into it you have a better chance than tennis dont you?

Also, IMO Golf isnt a sport.

The thing about him being miserable....does it really matter?

Its something thats fashionable to say, the party line for those who are only interested in tennis for the same fortnight every year(myself included). But as others have mentioned, he's either unwilling or unable to produce a sunny persona when a microphone is shoved under his nose, seconds after competing at the highest level of individual professional sports. Think about it. I'd tell them to fuck off frankly. Come back when I've calmed down and had time to think. Even then, have you ever heard a sportsman of any kind say anything funny,insightful or controversial? No. And the ones who do are crucified for it, as Murray found out with his commnets about England in 2006. He can't win so he gives them fuck all.Good. He's his own man, not a media-trained cockmonkey.

"The people who want Murray to smile are the same ones who try to make me dance at weddings. They want the world to conspicuously enjoy itself in a manner of their choosing, and they turn vaguely sanctimonious when they encounter pockets of resistance, as though their definition of fun is the only one that matters."

The thing about him being miserable....does it really matter?

Its something thats fashionable to say, the party line for those who are only interested in tennis for the same fortnight every year(myself included). But as others have mentioned, he's either unwilling or unable to produce a sunny persona when a microphone is shoved under his nose, seconds after competing at the highest level of individual professional sports. Think about it. I'd tell them to fuck off frankly. Come back when I've calmed down and had time to think. Even then, have you ever heard a sportsman of any kind say anything funny,insightful or controversial? No. And the ones who do are crucified for it, as Murray found out with his commnets about England in 2006. He can't win so he gives them fuck all.Good. He's his own man, not a media-trained cockmonkey.

Thats the problem with jumped up fannys like footballers etc. They want a cooling off period because they all need to shove their tampax in the fucking pussies.

Watch a stage of the Tour this week or any other cycle race in the world. Within minutes you have the press in your face and most of these have been sat in the saddle for 6+h busting their arses.

Rugby League, the same, straight on the pitch after for interviews.

Atheletics the same. So all this, "ooo, let me calm down" shit is nonsense.

I agree he isnt a media monkey and the cockney fleet street wankers dont like it. But ANYTIME I turn Eurosport on and tennis is on and hes there he looks like someone has smashed him in his face with a hammer and thats after the miserable twat has won!

Thing is, who gives a fuck what they think seconds after theyve finished?...its often cringeingly embarrassing, either balnd paltitudes or you find out the athelte is barely able to form a cohereent sentance. As for the questions, honestly I'd grab the mic and whack the interviewer over the head with it if they asked me "how does it feel?" seconds after I'd lost something I'd been training like a dog for, possible for a decade or more. It adds nothing. Its shite.

I don't see why Murray should be criticised more for his personality than he is for his tennis either. Its not logical, unless you're a psycologist and can make a link between both of them.

"The people who want Murray to smile are the same ones who try to make me dance at weddings. They want the world to conspicuously enjoy itself in a manner of their choosing, and they turn vaguely sanctimonious when they encounter pockets of resistance, as though their definition of fun is the only one that matters."

yes.

Cycling different cos they're all off their faces on drugs.

Where's that quote from, Chez?

I like Murray. I felt awful for him when he was talking post match, but I've read stuff this morning where he seems quite philosophical. He apologised to Federer for taking so long with his interview too. Says he realised afterwards that he'd hogged the attention when the bloke had just won a 7th title. Good lad.

Thing is, who gives a fuck what they think seconds after theyve finished?...its often cringeingly embarrassing, either balnd paltitudes or you find out the athelte is barely able to form a cohereent sentance. As for the questions, honestly I'd grab the mic and whack the interviewer over the head with it if they asked me "how does it feel?" seconds after I'd lost something I'd been training like a dog for, possible for a decade or more. It adds nothing. Its shite.

I don't see why Murray should be criticised more for his personality than he is for his tennis either. Its not logical, unless you're a psycologist and can make a link between both of them.

I suppose its this country, we all love a character dont we? Gazza, an alcholic wife beater, yet we love him. George Best the same and countless others in bands etc.

If Murray doesnt win a grand salm due to playing in an era which has some of the best players ever, has there ever been someone similar? I.e they have been great and any other era would of won?

I suppose its this country, we all love a character dont we? Gazza, an alcholic wife beater, yet we love him. George Best the same and countless others in bands etc.

If Murray doesnt win a grand salm due to playing in an era which has some of the best players ever, has there ever been someone similar? I.e they have been great and any other era would of won?

I know it has relatively no correlation, but I can't help but think of the toon and man utd mid 90s when you said that.

Cycling different cos they're all off their faces on drugs.

I like Murray. I felt awful for him when he was talking post match, but I've read stuff this morning where he seems quite philosophical. He apologised to Federer for taking so long with his interview too. Says he realised afterwards that he'd hogged the attention when the bloke had just won a 7th title. Good lad.

Did you know that Nadal has the same doctor as Lance Armstrong, Ivano Basso and countless other dopers of cycling? Did you know that doctor Michele Ferrari is due to appear in court and if convicted Nadal could well go down too? Apparently its one reason why he was "beaten" at this years Wimbledon?

Your comment re cycling is one of ignorance in a way Gemmill and typical of someone who doesnt know the sport. Simialr to my attitude of Tennis I suppose.

There was one of the Bracelona players last year on an illegal steriod, what happend to him? Nothing, why? Because its football and corrupt, that player was Xavi. Messi, was on growth hormone for several years after he turned pro, another illegal drug in football. LOADS Of other sports, mostly football and rugby use doping yet they sweep it under the carpet.

I know it has relatively no correlation, but I can't help but think of the toon and man utd mid 90s when you said that.

Aye, I suppose, I was thinking individually but I suppose thats another good one.

Murray plays Tennis professionally. He earns the money he does because of all the money put into tennis by ticket sales and TV coverage. It's a spectator sport and he is revered by the majority of the British public. It wouldn't kill him to pretend he's glad of the support every now and again the whingy cunt. He made £575k yesterday for losing

Did you know that Nadal has the same doctor as Lance Armstrong, Ivano Basso and countless other dopers of cycling? Did you know that doctor Michele Ferrari is due to appear in court and if convicted Nadal could well go down too? Apparently its one reason why he was "beaten" at this years Wimbledon?

Your comment re cycling is one of ignorance in a way Gemmill and typical of someone who doesnt know the sport. Simialr to my attitude of Tennis I suppose.

There was one of the Bracelona players last year on an illegal steriod, what happend to him? Nothing, why? Because its football and corrupt, that player was Xavi. Messi, was on growth hormone for several years after he turned pro, another illegal drug in football. LOADS Of other sports, mostly football and rugby use doping yet they sweep it under the carpet.

Lance Armstrong is a doper?...whod have thunk it?..Rumours around Barca for years, and it looks like Abidal's kidneys have finally packed up. Murray and Nadal are the same age, yet Nadal looked like Lou Ferringo at 19 and Murray looked like Walter the Softie from the Beano...

Murray plays Tennis professionally. He earns the money he does because of all the money put into tennis by ticket sales and TV coverage. It's a spectator sport and he is revered by the majority of the British public. It wouldn't kill him to pretend he's glad of the support every now and again the whingy cunt. He made £575k yesterday for losing

Why? why is it important to you? :lol:

Lance Armstrong is a doper?...whod have thunk it?..Rumours around Barca for years, and it looks like Abidal's kidneys have finally packed up. Murray and Nadal are the same age, yet Nadal looked like Lou Ferringo at 19 and Murray looked like Walter the Softie from the Beano...

:lol: thats class :)

Charlie Brooker, written before the final.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/08/andy-murray-not-miserable-just-normal?commentpage=10#start-of-comments

Why? why is it important to you? :lol:

It's not, I very rarely watch tennis. If I was a tennis fan and paid money to see him it would bother me though. Part of being a pro sportsman in todays age is the media aspect. The interviews, the paparazzi, the autographs.

If Pardew went on like Dalglish does in interviews we would all have something to say about it. How is this different?