SWTOR

TheMoog

Always enjoyed playing star wars games whenever i got the chance, never got round to buying one though. I don't think they have the replay value, i.e. if you finish it, thats it done.

• 3 weeks later...
It's PC-only, and it's not a sequel to Knights of the Old Republic. Despite the name.

Not sure what Kevin is on about. There's been 10s of Star Wars games over the years, of differing types and genres. Some with more replay value than others.

force unleashed I would assume.

To continue on the slightly off topic bit, which ones were the ones with Kyle Katarn (sp?) in? The ones where you were FP if shooting or TP if destroying all and sundry with a light saber? Always enjoyed those.

It's PC-only, and it's not a sequel to Knights of the Old Republic. Despite the name.

So what's the craic, is it like a World of Warcraft?

To continue on the slightly off topic bit, which ones were the ones with Kyle Katarn (sp?) in? The ones where you were FP if shooting or TP if destroying all and sundry with a light saber? Always enjoyed those.

Name sounds familiar. I think it's Star Wars Jedi Knight. I only ever played the first one, was a good game.

So what's the craic, is it like a World of Warcraft?

Name sounds familiar. I think it's Star Wars Jedi Knight. I only ever played the first one, was a good game.

That's the fella! Wonder if I've still got those lying around somewhere...

If you like MMO's then the one to get looks like Guild Wars 2. Looking forward to that and its free to play. While I like the SW genre and I have been looking forward to this, Im yet to be totally convinced by it.

MMO's are all dire, warcraft isn't even anywhere near as popular these days, it's utterly rehashed content and such all the same bored the balls off me last time i tried to play it (last expansion that came out).

I used to play it a fair bit though, was in a top guild etc, some mong a couple of years back actually paid me £500 for one of my characters... how fucking mental do ya need to be to pay £500 for a virtual thing in a game.

Holy Shit! :lol:

I play it now and again but dont raid etc. aint got the time for that. But I do have 4 L85 chars sitting there $$$ :D

• 1 month later...

I see SOE are letting Star Wars Galaxies players sub once more before Sept 15th then anyone with an active account will be able to play the special 'end' content up to the game being turned off at the end of the year. Not that I'm feeling the draw to play SWG again really but the game itself does bring back great memories of my first real experiences with a proper MMO.

• 1 month later...

I have it from assured sources that the gameplay is awesome and the graphics are superb (a friend went to GAMEFest at the NEC and queued for 2hrs to play it). Also, we now have a release date - 22/12/2011, that'll be the family Christmas out the window then ;)

Edited by Armchair Pundit

• 1 month later...

Been playing the beta weekend, quite liking it so far, but its nothing new tbh. Bounty Hunters are cool though smiley-vault-character-136.gif

Aye Ive been enjoying it. I like the voice acting. Bit jittery at times but thats likely the beta servers. Seems quite clean considering beta nearly over and likely to go gold soon.