How did Newcastle do the week you were born

Christmas Tree

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

born 02/06/77

closest game 76/77 season 24/5/77 - lost 0-2 away to Everton

fuck me, we came 5th that season after a shocking run in resulting in 4 losses out of 5, the season after? we wont 5 games all season and finished 22nd... wtf happened in the off season??

Drew 0-0 with Man City on 25/3/72 the day I was born. We were at home as well while I was being born in the general.

Just to condense it down into one post:

Born: 1 all away to the scum; UK No.1 The Bee Gees "I've Gotta Get A Message To You"; Aust. Richard Harris "Macarthur Park"

Started School: 5-1 home win over Coventry; UK No.1 Mud "Tiger Feet"; Aust. Daivd Bowie "Sorrow"

Broke the Duck: 3-1 home win over the scum; UK No.1 Band Aid "Do They Know It's Christmas" (I certainly did!); Aust. Madonna "Like A Virgin" :o

18th: 0-2 home loss to QPR; UK No.1 Boris Gardiner "I Want To Wake Up With You"; Aust. Madonna "Papa Don't Preach"

21st: 2-1 home win against Oldham; UK No.1 Black Box "Ride On Time"; Aust. Simply Red - really who fucking cares it's Mick Hucknell!

The day before I was born we beat Leicester 2-0, then won the next two, not bad in a relegation season.

I was looking at that mate and I was thinking you must have been born in the only bright patch of that season-three wins on the belt in that early December.

Without bothering to look into it, I'm confident I was born during the club's worst run of form in it's entire history. Feel like Eeyore ffs.

The day before I was born we beat Leicester 2-0, then won the next two, not bad in a relegation season.

I was looking at that mate and I was thinking you must have been born in the only bright patch of that season-three wins on the belt in that early December.

Without bothering to look into it, I'm confident I was born during the club's worst run of form in it's entire history. Feel like Eeyore ffs.

Haha aye, if you include the FA Cup and the start of the next season, you were in the middle of a run which didn't produce a win for 24 games. Fuckin hell even the mackems in 2006 bettered that.

Haha aye, if you include the FA Cup and the start of the next season, you were in the middle of a run which didn't produce a win for 24 games. Fuckin hell even the mackems in 2006 bettered that.

Aye but the season before (the one i counted as I was born in June 77) we finished 5th narrowly losing out on 4th, thats not a bad run, it seems there was some kind of upheavel after the 76/77 season as we go on to have a shocking period

it seems there was some kind of upheavel after the 76/77 season as we go on to have a shocking period

Gordon Lee left and the players "forced" the club to appoint his assistant - Richard Dinnis - who was shit. Following relegation Bill McGarry was aoppointed with the remit to get rid of all the troublemakers.

I was born on a monday, on the wednesday newcastle lost 2-1 away to Coventry and on the saturday, drew 1-1 away to Manchester United.

Edited by Flair