Cats

Jan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in a cats life, a dog is in your life. Generally. Some of them are nice.

Nicely put!

Though I love both. I like the way cats are so independent. We 'share' our neighbours cat. He is a very old tabby and I adore him. He comes in most days and always gets his own way.....a few treats, a fuss and then a lap to go sleeps on :o

A selfish cat is fine by me, I wouldn't have the time or patience to be a dog-owner.

It's definately a case of the more you put in, the more you get out of it.

Dogs need a hell of a lot more attention then cats, but they will reward you for that effort far more than a cat ever would.

Cats couldn't give two hoots who's knee they are sleeping on, or who is feeding them (i'm generalising), so there is very little reward for the effort you put in to look after them and keep them well (in comparison to a dog).

A selfish cat is fine by me, I wouldn't have the time or patience to be a dog-owner.

Dogs need a hell of a lot more attention then cats, but they will reward you for that effort far more than a cat ever would.

Cats couldn't give two hoots who's knee they are sleeping on, or who is feeding them (i'm generalising), so there is very little reward for the effort you put in to look after them and keep them well (in comparison to a dog).

Aye, but much like your average cat, I can't be arsed.

Aye, but much like your average cat, I can't be arsed.

Haha well yeah you probs are best suited to a cat in that case. I definately think its a personality thing and that good cat owners might not always make good dog owners and vice versa.

I'd be a rubbish cat owner as would just bug it constantly for attention, and i'm pretty sure thats why my cat as a kid was quite aggresive and not friendly at all lol!

Hate the bastards. Got cat scratch fever from one. It was mental.

WTF is cat scratch fever?!

It's fucked up. Some stray scrathed me on an island in Thailand. It barely broke the skin, and there was no effects until a week later when I was in Cairns, Australia. I had no appetite, was constantly dizzy which fucked up my balance. I went to a doctor in Oz who said it was vertigo and gave me antibiotics. My flight home from Australia was a fucking disaster though, I had a fever and got badly dehydrated.

Couldn't get out of bed for a few days when I got home and missed out on a mates stag-do. I ended up going to my own doc and he diagnosed it after running through a list of awesome Thai-hooker related questions, and I mentioned the cat.

I nearly collapsed in the chemist getting the antibiotics-it was fucked up. They worked within a few days, but I lost 2 stone, and I now treat every cat with contempt.

Edited by Barney

It's fucked up. Some stray scrathed me on an island in Thailand. It barely broke the skin, and there was no effects until a week later when I was in Cairns, Australia. I had no appetite, was constantly dizzy which fucked up my balance. I went to a doctor in Oz who said it was vertigo and gave me antibiotics. My flight home from Australia was a fucking disaster though, I had a fever and got badly dehydrated.

Couldn't get out of bed for a few days when I got home and missed out on a mates stag-do. I ended up going to my own doc and he diagnosed it after running through a list of awesome Thai-hooker related questions, and I mentioned the cat.

I nearly collapsed in the chemist getting the antibiotics-it was fucked up. They worked within a few days, but I lost 2 stone, and I now treat every cat with contempt.

Holy shit!

That's pretty extreme!

I sort of respect cats as they're independent semi-wild animals whereas dogs are just dumb shitting machines but overall all pets are pointless.

Animals should only be domesticated for food imo.

I'm alright with dogs as long as they don't come near me really, then they smell and slobber over the place and try jumping up on you which irritates the life outta me. Fecking hairs everywhere and such.

No matter what anyone says you can tell when someones house has or had a dog,

Think i'd prefer a cat, less interaction

It depends really... we had a black lab x greyhound bitch and our house never smelt of dog at all

We now have a male chocolate lab and the house definately has a "doggy" odour.

I think male dogs smell more but as i've only had 1 of each i'm not really an expert.

Dog slobber is something you get used to. A dog eating a cow pat and then slobbering greeny brown slobber on your hand is something that stays with you forever lol :o