Google+

Happy Face

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as you may expect I'm now part of Google+ having a mess around. So far I like it because it doesnt have all the shite Facebook does, doesnt have all the people FB does either. I like the concept of "Circles" so I could like post something just to my NUFC circle and only they would read it. Then something to just my Photography circle and only they would see it. Or something to all my circles etc. You can upload video and photo's etc and have video chat etc. It's only in beta but so far I like it. Mainly because I hate Facebook with a passion largely because of the numerous shite games people keep trying to invite me to and the hundreds of cringeworthy applications like "how fat is my head today" or "how twatful am I today" etc.

Invites are blocked at the min but you can kinda get in if you have a gmail account and someone with it (ie me) shares something to your email address. Worked for me anyway.

I'm on it... meh.

RE Facebook and the shite apps, just keep blocking them, took a while but I think I've got the majority now so only have proper updates on my timeline. :huh:

Well, as you may expect I'm now part of Google+ having a mess around. So far I like it because it doesnt have all the shite Facebook does, doesnt have all the people FB does either. I like the concept of "Circles" so I could like post something just to my NUFC circle and only they would read it. Then something to just my Photography circle and only they would see it. Or something to all my circles etc. You can upload video and photo's etc and have video chat etc. It's only in beta but so far I like it. Mainly because I hate Facebook with a passion largely because of the numerous shite games people keep trying to invite me to and the hundreds of cringeworthy applications like "how fat is my head today" or "how twatful am I today" etc.

Invites are blocked at the min but you can kinda get in if you have a gmail account and someone with it (ie me) shares something to your email address. Worked for me anyway.

this is why I finally decided to pull the plug on my facebook account. a couple of years of nothing but this and "subtle" brags. can defo see the advantage for some, just not for me

this thread is the first time I realised google+ was anything more than just that +1 thing in their search results

I just went to it and it let me sign up straight away. Not sure if it's opening up completely -- I did already have a couple of people who had added me to circles, but I had no idea about this.

It's open now. The invite button is bottom right of the screen (Deadman - yeah you keep looking on toontastic at the bottom right...)

PM me your gmail address if you want an invite.

For circles you make your own where you put people, like I have a NUFC circle but others might have something different. Doesnt have to be the same. Its just so that if I want to share something with only NUFC people I can.

Got invited last night (cheers).

Think it gives you a 100 invites.

Invited you Scott if you still have the same email address as you did a few years back.

I'm on this thing now courtesy of khay. It looks canny - I like the fact you can limit who you share your posts with.

Someone mentioned a Toontastic circle earlier - not sure how you do it, but I'm in.

Aye it's spot on, ta. You can invite people just by sharing posts - I don't actually have any invites to send out, just make a post and share it with someone.

I'm not sure if they have to have a gmail address though.