Google+

Happy Face

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dave Gorman had this it would have been piss easy to write his first book.

Got a good circle of dozens of people with the same name as me already. Got them all told like, I'm the number 1.

Had this for a few weeks but only got a couple of 'friends'. Read today though that Google are deleting private profiles - so much for it being better privacy eh! Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Nope you're right. All profiles on google+ have to be public now. However, you can hide everything except your name and gender I believe whereas with Facebook no matter how much privacy you set up, your name and profile picture are still available so its much of a muchness.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Had this for a few weeks but only got a couple of 'friends'. Read today though that Google are deleting private profiles - so much for it being better privacy eh! Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Nope you're right. All profiles on google+ have to be public now. However, you can hide everything except your name and gender I believe whereas with Facebook no matter how much privacy you set up, your name and profile picture are still available so its much of a muchness.

Still tempted to delete my Facebook. Logged onto the work facebook account the other day and the 'people you may know' is full of my friends despite not being connected in any way at all. Freaked me right out as my personal account and work account dont have any links at all.

Still waiting for a penny to drop on this if I'm honest. Maybe if I had more technological mates, I'd have better uses for it.

Just follow famous peoples until you have more pals using it. Worth visiting daily to keep up with graham linehan alone

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a spare invite so I can have a look at this please? :lol:

Sure, just send me your gmail address and Ill chuck one over