Your Username…

Monkeys Fist

Just wondering if anyone fancied shedding some light on why they have the usernames they have? I know some of them (Tom, Andrew, etc) are obvious (constellations, right?), but I have to wonder why for instance, we have someone called Christmas Tree. And Ayatollah Hermione (which I think is my personal favourite, certainly if it is indeed a simple combination of an Islamic cleric and Hermione Grainger).

There's also a lot of people named after animals which I've not seen before and is slightly bizarre. (Not Fish, but 'The' Fish. Why 'The'?)

So for me - it's just a long standing internet alias; it used to be Ravenblade after the video game that never was, but it's morphed over time. I decided that this forum was more 'real' than a lot of others I'd been part of, and that Rayvin would give me a more human sounding edge (in that it could be shortened to Ray if needed).

Anyway, just curious (and apparently slightly crazed).

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tooj gave me mine. It's after the Blur album. There is another storyline to do with Chez coming up with it first after I made up a name for him...Can't remember now.

Fish is called 'The Fish'...Cause it's street slang for a someone who is gullible or easily duped. Fitting really.

Edited by Park Life

if you're wondering why mine is like it is well i wanted to keep it in the same catagory as my psn name i know its not quite the same but its close it has dead in it lol. plus i wanted to be different and unique lol

And Ayatollah Hermione (which I think is my personal favourite, certainly if it is indeed a simple combination of an Islamic cleric and Hermione Grainger).

In one. Can't remember where I read it (I'm not that witty) but it made me piss my sides laughing so stole it for here.

Tooj gave me mine. It's after the Blur album. There is another storyline to do with Chez coming up with it first after I made up a name for him...Can't remember now.

Fish is called 'The Fish'...Cause it's street slang for a someone who is gullible or easily duped. Fitting really.

Parkmenistan, Parkenstein, Hyde Park Corner, Park Life were all mine in a tit for tat name calling session.

Mine is the name of my bar, it's a sports bar with a lot of Newcastle memorabilia called Chez Given. People call me Monsieur Given but my real name is Balthazar.

Actually mine goes back to when I first started gaming online (Quake Online and UT). I kept asking loads of questions which is where the Jaw came from and my name starts with D, which is why its a capital in the name. But also, more simply, as a "Geordie" it sounded like "JawD". After using it for gaming it kinda stuck as a name I used.

I joined in a fury after reading a post by Peasepud that made by blood boil. When it got to the User name bit I just looked around the room and saw a Christmas Tree.

Had I known I was staying I might have came up with something more exciting, however I quite like CT as well.

Im liking the bit that you got wound up and had to have a word , what was it that got your garden hammock to fly off it's axis like ?

:CT: