Conspiracy Theories

Jan

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

old-people-computer.gif

You're attempting to rip the piss, on the subject of IT, out of someone who has been in that game for 35 years mate and has spent many millions of dollars of global company money, may I suggest you concentrate on your debits, credits and hard sums.

Best Handbags GIFs | Gfycat

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Then you'd know that calculator was a paid position?

I do. They were remarkable. But still mind blowing to be able to calculate a journey of 1/4 million miles and all the challenges involved, never mind the engineering and actual flight difficulties.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I do. They were remarkable. But still mind blowing to be able to calculate a journey of 1/4 million miles and all the challenges involved, never mind the engineering and actual flight difficulties.

Not to mention that rockets don’t work in a vacuum. 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I think this is like a step towards understanding some conspiracy nuts. they cannot conceive of a mind capable of the level of understanding that leaves the rest of us in the weeds. 

I'm not having a go, by the way. You're saying it's so alien to you (us) that someone can have that ability that it's mind blowing. Conspiracy Nuts say that it's not possible. They are so arrogant that the refuse to believe that there are minds out there capable of thoughts beyond their own comprehension. 

You saw Wolfy's stuff. It was a resolute dismissal of anything outside his own little bubble. I'll never forget Rikko patiently explaining, as best he could, how a nuclear submarine works. And yet because Wolfy couldn't understand it, he fucking dismissed it. Anything more complicated than what he could understand, was by it's nature impossible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I do. They were remarkable. But still mind blowing to be able to calculate a journey of 1/4 million miles and all the challenges involved, never mind the engineering and actual flight difficulties. Especially considering they were BLACK and WOMEN. 

Absolutely disgusting. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

If it broke on the news today that one of them was actually true, which would least surprise you?

It’d be the one where they say the US Public Health department left 300 black men with syphilis untreated for over 40 years in order to “study the disease.”

Oh, no, hang on, that’s not a conspiracy theory because it happened.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’d be the one where they say the US Public Health department left 300 black men with syphilis untreated for over 40 years in order to “study the disease.”

Probably a study overseen by ex German citizens who immigrated in the late 1940's bit like the rocket guys, was a bit of an influx for some reason.

15 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Check out Project Sunshine. 

48 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

There was an Apollo I launch pad fire that killed all 3 astronauts. It was a training exercise. They couldn’t get the doors open and the oxygen-rich fire quickly killed those inside. It lead to a redesign of the command module and delayed the programme by about 12 months (those killed were due to fly their mission about a month after the accident). The likelihood is that if it hadn’t happened a lot of faults would’ve gone unnoticed. This may have lead to fatal accident on an actual mission, with possibility of the whole project being shelved. There was increasing opposition to it anyway due to the massive costs involved. I think at its peak there was over 4% of the entire federal budget being spent on NASA (about 10 times more than now). 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Probably a study overseen by ex German citizens who immigrated in the late 1940's bit like the rocket guys, was a bit of an influx for some reason.

It started in 1932, so can’t blame the Nazi’s for this one- just good ‘ole boys getting their racism on. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

But still mind blowing to be able to calculate a journey of 1/4 million miles and all the challenges involved, 

They were lucky that traffic was light.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

There was an Apollo I launch pad fire that killed all 3 astronauts. It was a training exercise. They couldn’t get the doors open and the oxygen-rich fire quickly killed those inside. It lead to a redesign of the command module and delayed the programme by about 12 months (those killed were due to fly their mission about a month after the accident). The likelihood is that if it hadn’t happened a lot of faults would’ve gone unnoticed. This may have lead to fatal accident on an actual mission, with possibility of the whole project being shelved. There was increasing opposition to it anyway due to the massive costs involved. I think at its peak there was over 4% of the entire federal budget being spent on NASA (about 10 times more than now). 

The speech prepared for Nixon in the event that Armstrong and Aldrin didn’t make it back is pretty chilling. 
https://www.archives.gov/files/presidential-libraries/events/centennials/nixon/images/exhibit/rn100-6-1-2.pdf

• Like 3

Anyone ever read about The Missing Cosmonauts btw? Basically, the idea that the Russians had plenty of failed attempts before Gagarin got up there for a bit. 

https://www.iflscience.com/the-lost-cosmonauts-theory-and-the-recording-that-claims-to-back-it-up-63894

I am not lying when I say this video was 9 hours long 

• Like 1