Conspiracy Theories

Jan

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s mad how Jimbo (of Jimbo’s telly fame) works for NASA 

I reckon I take something like 95% of the credit for that for this absolutely life changing advice:

Screenshot_20230306_170201_Chrome.thumb.jpg.14ef21e4f1643accfb9c60fc544f0886.jpg

• Like 1

I seem to remember him saying the lass from Houston he met online had tremendous chebs so that may also have had some bearing on things 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I seem to remember him saying the lass from Houston he met online had tremendous chebs so that may also have had some bearing on things 

:lol: he did like his breasts, that one. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

In terms of achievement, I think the two are on a par, so it's worth noting that when I made that post I was actually younger than John Cleese was when he made Fawlty Towers. 

You used to have John Cleese as your avatar for a bit (back when you were working in San Francisco iirc). 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

She also looked like Karen Brady, but somehow that wasn't a bad thing. Yes, and great chebbage. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I think this is like a step towards understanding some conspiracy nuts. they cannot conceive of a mind capable of the level of understanding that leaves the rest of us in the weeds. 

I'm not having a go, by the way. You're saying it's so alien to you (us) that someone can have that ability that it's mind blowing. Conspiracy Nuts say that it's not possible. They are so arrogant that the refuse to believe that there are minds out there capable of thoughts beyond their own comprehension. 

You saw Wolfy's stuff. It was a resolute dismissal of anything outside his own little bubble. I'll never forget Rikko patiently explaining, as best he could, how a nuclear submarine works. And yet because Wolfy couldn't understand it, he fucking dismissed it. Anything more complicated than what he could understand, was by it's nature impossible.

Well man, what the fuck did Rikko know? It's not like he was a nuclear submarine engineer man.

Oh.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Renton said:

Well man, what the fuck did Rikko know? It's not like he was a nuclear submarine engineer man.

Oh.

Ok, but explain that without using mathematics, appeals to authority, personal testimony or any kind of evidence.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Ok, but explain that without using mathematics, appeals to authority, personal testimony or any kind of evidence.

Well that's simple. That's your opinion, I've got a different opinion. Nucelar submarines do not exist. That youtube you linked with the Trident missiles launching was clearly faked. I know this because in 1947 there was a large empty warehouse in LA next to Hollywood. Wibble. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well that's simple. That's your opinion, I've got a different opinion. Nucelar submarines do not exist. That youtube you linked with the Trident missiles launching was clearly faked. I know this because in 1947 there was a large empty warehouse in LA next to Hollywood. Wibble. 

A very good swing at it, but you forgot to go on a long rambling analogy that goes nowhere.