Why are QPR and we so unappreciative of Routledge

Routledge was fantastic for QPR in helping get them up, and I think he was very good for us too.

I don't get why QPR aren't interested in keeping him, and I don't understand why we are being so casual about him.

I hope he stays with us, and that Pardew discovers his qualities.

Routledge was fantastic for QPR in helping get them up, and I think he was very good for us too.

I don't get why QPR aren't interested in keeping him, and I don't understand why we are being so casual about him.

Basically its because whilst he is a great player for a Championship Team he simply is not good enough in the Premiership.

Better managers than pardoo haven't found these qualities. No reason to think he will because they aren't there at the top level.

as said, hes in that awkward gap of being a stellar player in the CCC but not quite being good enough for the PL.

he frustrated me playing for us this season, despite the pace and trickery he is capable of he seemed out of his depth against any PL left back and was reluctant to ever get to the byline.

QPR won't pay his high wages, that's the reason he is still here

and he wants a "loyalty bonus" from Newcastle

Do you know anything about how much he earns?

I don't know the ins and outs but QPR do not pay mega weekly wages, so the deal hinges on this loyalty bonus

I still think for the 1M we paid for him he's good value. Limited player but can have a good impact through his pace and trickery. Whilst he had some forgettable games he also had some decent ones, one in particular where I felt he was possibly our best player. Would have been valuable late in the season when we were short of wide options.

In short, I'd keep him as backup.

no Premier League club can really be called stingy

How so?

Simple, they pay players many thousands of pounds a week, and usually don't make a profit. Man City and Chelsea are certainly non-profit organisations, and I dare say most clubs are too. I daresay there are some clubs in England that make a profit, but I doubt if any of them are in the Premier League.

I daresay you should look up the definition of an 'NPO'.

Edit: As an aside some of them could probably help you. Or at least set out to do so.

Edited by toonotl

I daresay you should look up the definition of an 'NPO'.

Edit: As an aside some of them could probably help you. Or at least set out to do so.

I doesn't take a genius to work out why you use the acronym NPO rather than the whole phrase - no, not to save time.

As for your second point - haha :huh: Good one;)

As somebody said he's the classic example of a player who looks class in the championship (and i was a big fan of him from what i saw then) who when he steps up to the prem either isn't good enough or shits himself and bottles it. Its a shame because he should have enough for the prem, pace, skill and the like but he doesn't show it in the top flight.

If we don't sell him though i wouldn't mind having him in the squad/on the bench as cover and give him one last crack at the prem, but so far he hasn't delivered at the highest level.

As somebody said he's the classic example of a player who looks class in the championship (and i was a big fan of him from what i saw then) who when he steps up to the prem either isn't good enough or shits himself and bottles it.

Routledge has been truly awesome in the Championship, but has disappointed in the Prem. I'm with you all the way there.

My little gripe is the use of the phrase 'classic example'. To me that means that there are other examples, and that he's kind of typical. I interpret 'classic' as being somehow synonymous with 'typical' in other words.

If that is what is meant, I must protest. I don't think there are many examples of players who have been so fantastic in the Championship, but have flopped in the Prem. Yes, Routledge has flopped in the Prem, in his short time there, but I believe he is very very talented, and would like to give him another chance in the Prem. He was QPR's star player towards the end of the season.

As somebody said he's the classic example of a player who looks class in the championship (and i was a big fan of him from what i saw then) who when he steps up to the prem either isn't good enough or shits himself and bottles it.

Routledge has been truly awesome in the Championship, but has disappointed in the Prem. I'm with you all the way there.

My little gripe is the use of the phrase 'classic example'. To me that means that there are other examples, and that he's kind of typical. I interpret 'classic' as being somehow synonymous with 'typical' in other words.

If that is what is meant, I must protest. I don't think there are many examples of players who have been so fantastic in the Championship, but have flopped in the Prem. Yes, Routledge has flopped in the Prem, in his short time there, but I believe he is very very talented, and would like to give him another chance in the Prem. He was QPR's star player towards the end of the season.

I'm not averse to giving him another crack but i think his problem may well be in the head and that's hard to change. I think he has enough talent because i haven't seen a winger play more inch perfect through balls as he did in his championsip spell and with QPR he had an eye for a goal, but in the prem he's like a rabit in the headlights and doesn't seem to know what to do. Its a big shame because i think he should be a decent prem winger, but something hlds him back mentally.

I'm not averse to giving him another crack but i think his problem may well be in the head and that's hard to change. I think he has enough talent because i haven't seen a winger play more inch perfect through balls as he did in his championsip spell and with QPR he had an eye for a goal, but in the prem he's like a rabit in the headlights and doesn't seem to know what to do. Its a big shame because i think he should be a decent prem winger, but something hlds him back mentally.

+1

When he's good he really is but he hasn't got the consistency. If that volley against Chelsea had've went in his toon career might have taken off. Very much a confidence player imo, lets not forget in our CCC season he was probably the best player we played against.

Paulwyn will be fuming if he's back for good.