PC Rathband

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said for months theres something not right like with him.

Heard interviews countless times of him saying he wants to put it behind him and forget about it then goes on to present a radio programme on one of the local stations with his wife called Raoul Moat: 1 year on! Don't know when the "anniversary" is exactly or when this will air but its doing shit like this that doesn't sit right with me personally.

Leave it up to me to take the moral high ground but . . . no, Im not sick of him. He's lucky to be alive, blinded for life, got fuck all in the way of compo and I don't begrudge him any of the media attention tbh

• 1 month later...

:razz:

Moat shot PC David Rathband arrested in assault inquiry

PC Rathband was shot by Moat as he sat in his patrol car

The policeman blinded by gunman Raoul Moat has been arrested on suspicion of an assault at his home.

PC David Rathband, 43, was held on suspicion of carrying out an attack at his home in Cramlington, Northumberland, on Tuesday night.

A police source told the BBC that he was later allowed home pending further inquiries because he had complained of feeling unwell.

Mr Rathband was shot by Moat as he sat in his patrol car on 3 July 2010.

Samantha Stobbart, Moat's ex-girlfriend, was shot by the gunman, who killed her new boyfriend before shooting himself after a manhunt.

Last year Mr Rathband, who is married to Kath and has two teenage children, set up the Blue Lamp Foundation, a charity offering help to injured members of the emergency services.